How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Did you guys watch Melissa McCarthy´s episode? it´s been a long time -imo- that every sketch was spot on, she was really great

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

i watched and liked it, but it's all due to Melissa, sketches were mostly boring, but you could tell she gave everything to it and clearly enjoyed and that's what made it not only watchable but also enjoyable IMO. at one point i was thinking she's too much into it, that sketch with the stairs, i thought she was going to hurt herself. great host!

V.I.P.

I laughed so hard during the stairs sketch amazing host!

05-10-2011
oh! darling

Melissa was the best one so far! I didn't care for Alec Baldwin's episode. Melissa blew it out of the water.

Too bad it was a lame musical guest that night..

V.I.P.

yeah, that antewhatever were so cheesy. so bad. :/

Stitch:the Hand

agree. melissa was spot on all evening. and really the only reason it was good because she's such a strong character and comedic actress. i didn't watch throughout but i did catch her best sketches like the office bit at the beginning,the salad dressing bit et al. for me,it's just not as strong through the course of an entire show like it used to be back in the mid 90's-early noughties. and the cast consisted of ana,cheri,molly,chris kattan,will ferrell...even rachel dratch was funnier than some of the women i see on her. i mean sketch after sketch it was consistently good.

07-10-2011
V.I.P.

Melissa was amazing! the Hidden Valley Ranch scene and the stair scene killed me

11-12-2011
backstage pass

I think Charlie Day did a great job hosting. The keeping up with the kardashian sketch was amazing.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

IMO, so far, this season is very good, Katy Perry ep wasn't as good as the rest of them, but it's all very good. I'm loving the J-POP sketch with Taran and Vanessa.

front row

Yeah, I've only seen bits and pieces, but the show has been surprisingly funny lately

14-12-2011
Stitch:the Hand

i liked that j-pop sketch too.....to me what was funny was how they were able to expose how offensive it is these days to use japanese culture as mere novelty. if you know what i mean......

another good one was that 'new year's eve' spoof piece.....the apocalypse....

i agree katy perry was bland. but this week's episode i must say was all about robyn's performances. i think she raised the bar high for upcoming performances from other pop artists. to be honest,she should be the popular one not these other idiots who can't seem to perform without props and dancers.....

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

I liked J-Pop sketch, I know people like that! LOL
I also liked Wiig´s new character, the flirty woman...
But watching Katy Perry act was painful, specially the finnish talk show sketch

Armisen´s Portlandia also has a similar sketch

15-12-2011
tfs star

SNL is pretty much my life. I didn't realize there was a thread for it here!

Can we discuss the non-existence of Abbey and Nasim these days?
They're regular cast members, yet they do literally NOTHING. I love Nasim, she should be given more to do. It seems like she did so much more last season... the biggest thing she's done this season is during the Alec Baldwin episode with her child character begging for attention. And Abbey... what's the biggest thing she's done? her Anna Faris impression? lol It frustrates me that they are regular cast members, yet Taran and Vanessa get WAY more sketchtime than either of them. Granted, I love Taran and I like Vanessa.

V.I.P.

what's even worse, IMO, is that Nasim was actually promoted to regular player this season and i don't think i've seen her in many sketches. it's sad, cus i think she's great. on another note, Taran has been given so much air time since the season start, he's in almost each sketch. they're pushing him big time. Jay on the other hand i think must've been in some kind of a fight with Lorne cus there were actually episodes this season in which he didn't show up once.

V.I.P.

did you see this? something big must've happened.

Quote:
Saturday Night Live viewers will notice one less familiar face on this weekend’s Channing Tatum-hosted episode: EW has learned exclusively that featured player Paul Brittain is leaving the show, effective immediately. A source close to the actor tells EW that Brittain “had the opportunity to pursue other projects, and he and the show parted ways amicably.” The comedian joined the show in September 2010 and performed original characters like “Sex” Ed Vincent as well as impersonations of stars like James Franco.

Reps for SNL and Brittain had no comment.
EW

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
live, night, saturday, snl