How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2012
fashion insider

I can't say that I'm gonna miss him.

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

i thought he might've been okay if he was given more sketches. i loved his lord w.

fashion insider

I don't remember where i saw this but I read that it's rumored that Kristen Wig, Andy Samberg and someone else will leave at the end of this season. I'll try finding the source. I'd be so sad if Andy left.

I just saw the last episode too. I really like Sofia but I think she was too concentrated on pronouncing the words right.
The sketch "being quirky with Zooey" makes me laugh every time, not for the sketch itself (though the one with Zooey was pretty funny) but the Michael Cera impression is so hilarious.
And in this episode I couldn't stop laughing about the santa barbara news team thing. Fred Armisen is awesome.

10-04-2012
trendsetter

Jason Sudeikis is the third, and I think Abby Elliot was mentioned because she has a pilot for the upcoming season, but that is second position to SNL if they choose to renew her contract with them.

Personally I think the cast could use an overhaul, but I'm not ready to lose Jason I wouldn't lose sleep if Abby or Andy left, honestly. Same with Kristen if she continues writing for them but I doubt that, who they need to get rid of IMO are Keenan and Jay and replace them with new black talent. I was excited when Kenan first joined the cast because I remembered him from those Nickelodeon shows and Jay from youtube for his impersonations but I didn't realize that was all Jay could do - two years in and I'm over it. That girl that does the Miley show can take a walk too. Taran Killam, Nasim Pedrad, Bobby Moynihan and Jenny Slate were the best things to happen to SNL in recent years and I totally think dropping Jenny was a big mistake.

Wow, SNL soapbox much? I can't help but to be passionate about it, I've camped out for the show enough through the years to give some constructive criticism somewhere haha

V.I.P.

abby elliot lost that pilot so i'm guessing she's staying. i don't get how she's still in that cast. she does 2-3 impresonations over and over again and i don't think she's particularly good at it tbh. speaking of gossip, did you hear the rumor that will forte left the cast after he hooked up with her?

i heard about kirsten and jason and it's clear since their careers are taking off (i like jason tho so i'm kinda sad he's gonna be leaving), but i don't get why andy would leave..it would make more sense if it was 2-3 years ago when lonely island was big, but then again both jorma and akiva left snl (apart from their digital sketches they don't write anymore). fred's been a part of the cast for far too long if you ask me..

also, taran, anyone? he's so good.

trendsetter

Hahaha damn looks like we're stuck with her. She really is awful, although in these last couple of episodes she's been sort of amusing. I'd bounce Jay before I'd bounce her. OMG No I did not! But damn, girl that's two cast-members under your belt your father must be proud :eyeroll:

Absolutely, I really don't want Jason to go he's one of the best things about the show. Agree about Fred, as well. Andy's time has been up for a while, I've never been all that crazy about him compared to other people on the show. So once Andy is gone does that mean the Digital Shorts are gone? Because those are really hit or miss.

Taran needs to be promoted like yesterday, he's great. He should have been upped when Nasim was, which was such a surprise and well deserved if I might add.

V.I.P.

i dunno, i love andy and i think he's always refreshing to see unlike others. could be cus he's so rarely doing sketches nowadays anyway.. jay on the other hand? what did he do to lorne that got him in 1 sketch per an episode? something must've gone terribly wrong.

trendsetter

Lorne probably realized he's a one trick pony and can only do those impressions. It gets old fast, plus I don't hear a lot of people praising him on the fan front like ever. I'm thinking (hoping) this is Jay's last season. Was he even in any sketches in the last episode? Normally they just have him as some background dude like an extra hahaha

fashion icon

Oooh...I hope Kristen doesn't leave! She's so funny. But I can see why she would want to leave the show now that she's had success with other things outside of SNL. And if Kristen does leave I hope it's so she can write/star/direct/produce/whatever more movies! I do think that SNL could use some fresh talent, some of the actors are kinda crummy (like Abbey Elliot). However, Taran Killam is probably my favorite cast member right now, he's SO funny. I always look forward to seeing him in "Being Quirky With Zooey" because his impression of Michael is so spot on. Speaking of Being Quirky With Zooey, I loved Sofia's impression of Fran Drescher, it's too funny. And Taran's portrayal of the prince in The Real Housewives of Disney sketch is one of my all time favorites. I really hope that he becomes one of the main cast members (it does look like they are grooming him to take over if anyone departs from the show).

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 10-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.
10-04-2012
trendsetter

I definitely see Taran as like a successor to Jason, but I am so not ready to let Sudeikis go haha

fashion icon

Oh I totally get what you mean, Jason is fantastic, and I hope that he stays for a little while longer. But at least they have someone good to replace them when the time comes (god that sounds really depressing, doesn't it?).

Stitch:the Hand

what did you guys think of the newest cast member,kate mckinnon? she made her debut in that andy cohen (as tabatha coffey) and pantene sketch at the end. i thought the pantene sketch was hilarious. she's also the first out lesbian to be part of the cast,which i think is kind of astonishing considering how tolerant SNL has been over the years.

10-04-2012
trendsetter

I'm interested in seeing what Kate McKinnon can do for the show.

Hahaha I should have refreshed before I posted this, but yeah she seemed pretty good for the little they had her in this past episode. Definitely looking forward to more from her. Just the news of her being on the show was exciting. Totally agree though about that last bit, I thought there would have been more gay/lesbian performers on the show over the years but I guess not.

Last edited by nightclubbing; 10-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.
11-04-2012
V.I.P.

i really liked that bit Kate did as Tabitha (?). gave out good vibes that she could be a great asset to the cast, tbh. i never thought wiig was esp good tbh, i like her better on movies. on snl, it's like she's doing the same way every possibly impresonation. i only like her triangle sue, that one is hilarious.

i think that the real housewives of disney was one of the best sketches throughout the season, i also liked the kardashian wedding sketch (taran as jenner FTW!).

i dunno about jay. i didn't hear he's not that loved, but i do find it weird they refuse to use him. i really think it's something other than his questionable talent that did this. does anyone know why paul brittain left so abruptly? they said it's due to his new projects, but i really doubt it...

rising star

Kristen Wiig's Drew Barrymore impression was so good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
live, night, saturday, snl