How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I don't want to watch the season finale because I don't want to say goodbye to Kriten :lol
I know it's childish but she was my favourite female member. Now we just have to wait for her hosting an episode.

20-05-2012
V.I.P.

^my thoughts exactly

20-05-2012
trendsetter

I don't know, I got kind of tired of her after a while. She was my favorite at one point, but eh, I'm not really sad that she's gone save for missing specific characters that she did.

V.I.P.

I just saw it and OMG I shed some tears at the end..It was a very fitting and classy farewell to the best SNL member since Will Ferrell IMO. The whole episode was Kristen filled and Jagger was pretty awesome too, in the live perfomances and in sketches!
I'm really not sure if I'll be watching next season. I'll miss her terribly

21-05-2012
Mr. Magic

The whole dance ceremony wreck my heart

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
21-05-2012
V.I.P.

Bobby dancing with her and later on not even trying to stop crying is what did it to me. Jason was so crushed, did you see him just standing in the back, trying to get a hold of himself?
this was a first farewell since i started watching, hence me being so touched despite of the fact Wiig wasn't my fave at all.

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Lorne Michaels says he won’t officially announce changes in the cast of “Saturday Night Live,” but Kristen Wiig , Jason Sudeikis and Andy Samberg left little doubt that this past weekend’s season finale was their last.

Unless the three mirth makers are playing a brilliantly executed joke on the media, each dropped clues that they are departing.

While Wiig’s emotional last dance with her colleagues — as host Mick Jagger performed the Rolling Stones’ gem “She’s a Rainbow” — was the most obvious, and Samberg’s closing rhyme in “Lazy Sunday 2” was comic poetry, Sudeikis’ show-closing behavior was the most surprising — and poignant.

The funnyman looked like he was losing a fierce battle to rein in his emotions as he danced with Wiig, his castmate since 2005.

Sudeikis looked pasty and practically despondent as he hugged Wiig, while the “Bridesmaids” star rubbed his back and whispered something in his ear.
After Samberg cut in to give Wiig a much more energetic spin — nearly exposing her derriere in the process — Sudeikis slunk off to the back of the stage where he appeared to be choking back tears as he fidgeted with his suit.

As Jagger segued into “Ruby Tuesday,” Sudeikis was the only cast member not clapping or singing along with a starry crew that included Jon Hamm , Amy Poehler , Chris Kattan, Steve Martin and Chris Parnell .

By the time the credits were rolling, Sudeikis had disappeared from the stage.

Samberg dropped a hint that his “SNL” days were over in “Lazy Sunday 2,” a sequel to the Digital Short that first made him a breakout star on the NBC comedy show.

At the clip’s end, Samberg rapped: “On these New York streets, I hone my fake rap penmanship ...”

“That’s how it began,” interjected Parnell, who reprised his role from the original short.

“And that’s how I’ma finish it,” rhymed Samberg, leaving the impression he’d come full circle.

Sudeikis apparently rebounded for a seriously fun after-party on the ice rink at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.

Jagger and the Foo Fighters, who’d performed together on “SNL,” continued to rock the crowd with versions of the Stones’ “Bitch” and “Miss You.”

Dave Grohl and his band also accompanied current and former “SNL” cast members. “(Will ) Forte sang Sabbath. Poehler just sang Joan Jett ,” tweeted Seth Meyers and in a later post, he reported that Sudeikis handled vocals and Fred Armisen tackled drums on a Cheap Trick number.

Although no mention was made of departing cast members, one source at the soiree noted that, one point during the festivities, a wet-eyed Wiig, Sudeikis and Samberg joined each other onstage to “the loudest applause of the evening.”

A spokeswoman for Wiig and Sudeikis declined to comment.
nydailynews.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
21-05-2012
V.I.P.

ever since this season started i had a feeling this was going to be her last, and its upsetting knowing that it actually is. I cant say that I will be watching it until she hosts

21-05-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
Bobby dancing with her and later on not even trying to stop crying is what did it to me. Jason was so crushed, did you see him just standing in the back, trying to get a hold of himself?
this was a first farewell since i started watching, hence me being so touched despite of the fact Wiig wasn't my fave at all.
This was my 1st farewell too. I can't imagine if I started watching SNL when Tina was still there and I have to watch her farewell. Tears for months guaranteed!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
21-05-2012
V.I.P.

I watched when Fey left but it wasn't nearly as emotional as Kristen's.
I love Tina and I love 30Rock but during her last seasons on the show she would only do the Weekend Update and the occasional sketch so you were kind of used to her detaching herself slowly from the show.
Posted via Mobile Device

21-05-2012
fashion icon

I had herd that Kristen was leaving so I didn't end up watching the show and her goodbye till today... trying to avoid the inevitable truth I guess. The end was a good way to say goodbye, with her dancing with everyone, it was so incredibly touching. Also, how perfect was that song choice? It was beautiful. I told myself I wouldn't end up crying but of course I did. I think I pretty much lost it when Andy spun Kristen around. It was too cute and too sad. I'm going to miss seeing Kristen, Jason, and Andy. But I hope they pop up once in a while for a sketch or two. And I hope whatever they do next is hilarious and successful.

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
I watched when Fey left but it wasn't nearly as emotional as Kristen's.
I love Tina and I love 30Rock but during her last seasons on the show she would only do the Weekend Update and the occasional sketch so you were kind of used to her detaching herself slowly from the show.
Posted via Mobile Device
Aww that's not cool.. Maybe she have been busy cooking 30 Rock...

Did you know what SNL did with her farewell back then? I tried searching 'Tina Fey leaves SNL' on google and it came up with a celebration on someone's (SNL alumni I think?) 90th birthday and he blow the candles. Is that it?

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
21-05-2012
V.I.P.

i've read that one of the most wrenching goodbye's on SNL was to Chris Farley from Phil Hartman in 1995. you can hear the song he sang to him on youtube, but you can't see the actual skit in which he did it. it's esp heartbreaking considering Farley died 2 years after that and Phil a year after him. i don't know about Fey's departure, but i do know they gave Fallon a Grease skit to say goodbye.

tbh, i'm not too sure Andy and Jason are leaving too. rumor has it that Jason's sticking through the election period at least (to play The Mittens and Biden). i've read on ONTD that on twitter they only announced Wiig's departure during the dress rehearsal (AF Tube twitter account had someone inside apparently), you'd think they'd announce it for Andy (and Jason) too, no? on the other hand, Andy seemed pretty emotional too, but that could be put due to the fact that Jason, Andy, BIll and Kristen all started the show at the same time, so...

front row

I miss Chris Farley. I'm sure that was a great tribute from Phil nut I cannot find it on YouTube.....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
live, night, saturday, snl