How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-12-2009
backstage pass

Thanks guys, I'll try downloading a torrent. I've never done it before so let's see if I can figure out how hahaha

23-12-2009
oh! darling

I never noticed Bill Hader loving to kiss in that scene. I thought it was more Fred Armisen.

front row

That kissing scene left me speachless, don't really know how to feel about it.

20-01-2010
trendsetter

OMG, their making a movie out of the MacGruber sketch. They've already released a trailer for it, but be warned it's a restricted trailer:

Also, I didn't know SNL was back already. I went on Hulu, and they have 2 new episodes there. I feel so out of the loop.

V.I.P.

^hmm... I don´t know... it´s from the same guy as Hot Rod and that one was such a disappointment to me.
But I like the "upper decker" line lol

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

i'm obsessed with this show, been watching the old skits whole weekend!

V.I.P.

what´s going on with the show?! imo, this season sucks! the digital shorts and news update are bad, the new cast is meh...
the only one doing something for me is Kristen Wiig, she´s a genious but can´t put the whole show on her shoulders.

How do you guys feel about the new season? are you enjoying it?

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
what´s going on with the show?! imo, this season sucks! the digital shorts and news update are bad, the new cast is meh...
the only one doing something for me is Kristen Wiig, she´s a genious but can´t put the whole show on her shoulders.

How do you guys feel about the new season? are you enjoying it?
i liked Hamm and Amy's episodes, but the rest of the season has been meh, i agree, very bland, nothing over the top. tho they're saying that last night's ep and last skit with Andy as Robert Smith were amazing - watched the episode, was ambivalent towards it, but the Robert Smith skit is gone, missing on the net - it's not on hulu nor on nbc.com. so weird. the same thing happened with Scarlett's monologue last week, but they got it on their site soon, but this skit is nowhere to be find, any thoughts?

my personal fave is Hader, he gets me in stitches every time, always dead on (but i do like when he bursts out laughing- Stefon and last week's "Dish").

V.I.P.

^yes, Hader is my fav of the guys. Stefon is great, I love that he can´t control it and laughs I also like Vinny Vedecci and Greg the Alien

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

OMG, Greg The Alien is GOLD!

Stitch:the Hand

i have to say wiig has really come into her own in the last year or so. before it was a little iffy but she's got a lot stronger with her characters lately. i'm glad too because the other girls bore me to tears and that's always been why i loved SNL....the strong female cast members. certainly pales compared to the era of writer tina fey and cast members,shannon,gasteyer,oteri and dratch.

as for this seaon,yeah it's been a little flat for me. i agree the new additions to the cast aren't making a mark. hopefully though they might do as wiig has but so far i'm not impressed.

21-11-2010
V.I.P.

the only new one who's showing potential here and there is Vanessa IMO, the other 2 guys are basically stunts and i totally agree about bland women characters - my personal fave was Maya (next to Fey and Amy), i don't even get what's the function of Abby Elliot?

i totally agree about Wiig coming to her full strenght only now.

btw, anyone watched that SNL documentary Franco did? in one of the reviews i've read pointed out how the documentary showed total lack of Wiig in the writing process (and her only showing up for the dress rehearsals) and on the other hand Hader as one of the main inspiration/hardest working - tho it should be pointed out that the doc was done just over 1-2 week period, so it's def not a real pointer for the dynamic, tho interesting to watch. i want to see backstage part of it, the process of it, and i can't seem to find anything online to watch, and i can't dwnload anything due to dorm rules.

fashion insider

I'm just so happy! I finally got to see SNL, like a recent, full length episode for the first time ever! I'm so addicted, and seriously, working on this show must be such a blast

I dont much about previous cast (except for veryyyy old ones). Even though I think they could drop a few, I really like Andy and I like Keanan too. But maybe it's because I think its funny to see him on SNL when I used to watch keanan and kel as a kid. :p

A sketch my brother and I think is funny is the miley cyrus one. She totally has the mimics and miley's ways, and just the whole irony of it is great.

As for the recent guest starts, I really liked Emma Stone, I had never seen any of her work but seen her on nylon and she didnt appeal to me, this changed my mind especially when she played lindsay lohan, and I liked Anne Hathaways. She was very natural and funny.

28-11-2010
oh! darling

Quote:
A sketch my brother and I think is funny is the miley cyrus one. She totally has the mimics and miley's ways, and just the whole irony of it is great.
She is spot on. Very well done!

V.I.P.

Holy sh!t @ the season finale! it was soooo good, imo.
Justin always delivers, he should host at least 2 shows a year
Gaga´s acting was weak though...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
live, night, saturday, snl