How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
Say that when you have to deal with whining actors day in day out! It's nice to get out the office though! I have my gang doing such great jobs to thank for that!

I think this whole film may well be a re-imagining too far if I'm honest. I'm not wholely convinced by the casting, not just Kristen (I'm really not a fan & I have my oh so many reasons for that but she's not alone here in being miscast) I read the script and and I have to say that I didnt think that was the route they were going to go, I'm slightly disappointed, I'd loved to have seen Felicity Jones tackle this.

On a slightly different note, if Ms Stewarts posture were better, she'd look a lot more comfortable riding the horse (her hands in those pics are driving me mad), I have a huge thing about actors on horses as someone who's ridden all their life, it drives me nuts when it's slightly off! I'm slightly mad, I know!
I knooow. I've been riding for almost my whole life and my forté is dressage, so sometimes they're driving me mad. But still, then you're able to say that you're still better.

I haven't read any scripts for this nor have followed the production much but I agree on Felicity and I believe I already said in one of Kristen's threads that I would have preffered Felicity over Kristen. But then again, I think most British actresses were a better choice. Kristen is just not Snow White to me. Lily Collins is a better choice but oh my lawd her eyebrows..

29-09-2011
trendsetter

I got down to Wales this evening, have already seen a number of the cast, and am spending tomorrow on set, will be back with reaction/rant depending on what happens.

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

Have you been on the set of the Lily Collins' Snow White at all? I wonder if they're still filming?

They started shooting in England a few months ago, but there haven't been any set pictures or any news after that one promo pic.

29-09-2011
trendsetter

No haven't had anything to do with the other Snow White sadly. I would assume as it's a Tarsem Singh film there haven't been many location shoots, he tends to shoot largely in studio like with Immortals.

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

^Okay cool. Just wondering since it's due to be released in 6 months.
Looking forward to hearing about your time on the SWATH set. Smack Chris Hemsworth on the tush for me or at least gaze longingly at it.

30-09-2011
trendsetter

Right, was down on the SWATH set today, only had today sadly. Obviously there's a lot I can't tell you because I'm sworn to secrecy but they were still shooting some of the action scenes. I remain completely unconvinced by Kristen in this role, it just doesn't feel right watching it. I can't quite put my finger on it, something felt off, a little uneven and as some of you have said, she doesn't really strike you as the butt-kicking, armour wearing type. She was of course, her usual charming self . Hemsworth is a hugger and a kisser, I didn't see that coming! I had my doubts about him but was pleasantly surprised. His looks translate very differently on screen to how he looks in reality too, I think he has a way to go but he seems to learning to steady his performances a little, he's certainly come on from Thor which he wasn't completely useless in. I have been left questioning whether Rupert Sanders is a little out of his depth. Sorry I can't spill more, but I don't want a telling off.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 30-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.
30-09-2011
trendsetter

Oh I forgot to say, the weather has been wonderful the last few days, so no complaints there, even on the beach . I did see a few pics of what the dwarves look like, very cool, can't decide whether I like them better than the Hobbit ones or not...SWATH are lacking a 'hot one' though

30-09-2011
fashion icon

^Lovely report from SWATH! And I'm not surprised about Chris, he's always seemed like a bit of a charmer. Hopefully the other actors will balance out the casting of Kirsten and the film will end up alright. Does it seem like it'll have a lot of special effects?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
Right, was down on the SWATH set today, only had today sadly. Obviously there's a lot I can't tell you because I'm sworn to secrecy but they were still shooting some of the action scenes. I remain completely unconvinced by Kristen in this role, it just doesn't feel right watching it. I can't quite put my finger on it, something felt off, a little uneven and as some of you have said, she doesn't really strike you as the butt-kicking, armour wearing type. She was of course, her usual charming self . Hemsworth is a hugger and a kisser, I didn't see that coming! I had my doubts about him but was pleasantly surprised. His looks translate very differently on screen to how he looks in reality too, I think he has a way to go but he seems to learning to steady his performances a little, he's certainly come on from Thor which he wasn't completely useless in. I have been left questioning whether Rupert Sanders is a little out of his depth. Sorry I can't spill more, but I don't want a telling off.
Does that mean you don't think he's ready for a project like this?
If so, I agree...the only thing he's directed before this film were commercials and video games. But I guess he's gotta start somewhere.

01-10-2011
trendsetter

I worry that on a film with such a broad stroke, that perhaps he lacks experience to maintain strong character development and more intimate scenes amongst the bigger set pieces of action. I think he may not have the capacity to prevent the characters becoming too 2D amongst the bigger, flashier stuff. He's a lovely guy and I admire the studio's belief in him taking on such a project at this point in his career.

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

Collin´s SW

people.com

06-10-2011
Stitch:the Hand

see again,i look at robert's trying so hard to be that character and it just makes me chuckle i mean it's just so unbelievable.

06-10-2011
trendsetter

Damn, Lily looks like a young Elizabeth Taylor in that pic.

06-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Collin´s SW
It's looks cheesy. Like Brandy and Whitney's Cinderella :p

06-10-2011
tfs star

The Playlist has a bunch more pics of Julia's Snow White:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...arsems_snow_w/

The Playlist.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »