How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2012
tfs star

I love the new SWATH trailer. Really reminds me of LOTR a lot so that's a plus for me.

19-03-2012
fashion elite

Oh man I can't wait until the UK promo! Not that the main four are boring but I know that UK promo will feature more of the dwarves like Nick Frost and Ray Winstone.
Posted via Mobile Device

27-03-2012
tfs star

A new TV Spot for SWATH that has some new scenes:

http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/kris...tsman-tv-spot/

Alt Film Guide

28-03-2012
V.I.P.

there was SWATH trailer in the cinema just before THG started, it looks so fierce on the big screen. i really can't wait to see this, tbh.

fashion elite

SWATH's first single will be by Florence & The Machine! It just keeps getting better and better!

30-03-2012
V.I.P.

Omg. O_o
it just keeps getting better and better.

fashion icon

^Whoa that sounds fantastic! Florence is great and I can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack. I saw the SWATH trailer in theaters before the THG's and it looks so amazing on the big screen. I'm looking forward to seeing the film when it comes out because it looks so dark and interesting.

front row

When I went to see The Hunger Games, they showed the trailer for SWATH before the trailer for The Hobbit and it was embarrassing.
Not saying it looks horrible, because it looks beautifully shot, but it's like Lord of the Rings, Alice in Wonderland and Guillermo del Toro had a love child and this was the result.
Universal made a good decision in getting it far away from December, I think.

Not very intrigued, I must say. Though I will say that the marketing campaign has been good.

18-04-2012
V.I.P.

So, anyone´s seen Mirror Mirror?

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

here's Florence's song for the movie:

tfs star

I don't know if I'm going to see this film. It doesn't look very good aside from perhaps action and special effects, and I'm not a big fan of Stewart. But that song right there, is epic. Just downloaded to my mp3 player and I can't stop listening to it. Love Florence.

16-05-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Cant wait to see the Charlize Theron snow white it seems darker than the other one

V.I.P.

the embargo on SWATH reviews has been lifted. from those i've read, kristen and charlize got really good reviews for their acting (kristen esp for her accent, which kinda surprises me). the movie is getting okay reviews i guess,nothing outstanding - mostly 3 out of 5 stars (with everyone talking about amazing visuals, but not a good flow in the movie).

Last edited by dajrekshn; 28-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.
01-06-2012
V.I.P.

i've seen the movie. hm.
first of - acting is really good, charlize tends to scream more than needed (and i was tad underwhelmed with her overall), kristen for some reason got the accent spot on (from what my ears could hear, but i'm not a native speaker) and was pleasantly surprised how she acted (not one lip bite or that excessive winking, quite the opposite, mild and calm and i had goosebumps with "the speech" she gives). chris hemsworth is okay i guess, sam was good.

COSTUMES! colleen'sgoing to get nominated without any doubt in the next award season, if not win them all (i'm puttin down a bet ). my god, those costumes on charlize were stunning, have no words. kristen's dress was so understated to exposure the difference. seriously, costumes...

movie overall - visually stunning, dwarfs were really good, there's not a bad element to a story BUT somehow the dynamic is not quite there. in the end you have a feeling like something's missing in this whole picture, i'm guessing this shows it's sanders' first movie after all. it's a good movie overall, worth seeing, but it's not extraordinary nor is it bad (despite of the fact i haven't seen as aesthetically pleasing movie as this one is in a while). it's just lacking something, dynamic was wrong i guess..either way, go see it, you won't be sorry.

windowshopping

i just saw the movie yesterday. I LOVED it. The visuals were really really stunning. The castle, the forest, the fairyland (I could seriously live there).
THe strongest part of the film was the beginning, until ravenna takes over.
The performance of Chris Hemsworth and the prince (no idea what his real name is) were also good. I was a tad disappointed by charlize tbh...her maniacal reactions were not really believable...but I can forgive her...she is "the fairest of them all" for me. Which brings me to Kristen Stewart. She was not that bad, just her motivational speech in the end was ridiculous and totally not convincing (for me at least). For some reason her face seems stunned in one single expression (she laughs twice), but I guess that as long as she sticks with roles that allow her to be stressed/anguished/unhappy most of the scenes it won't bother the audience so much.

I am going to keep an eye on sanders' next movies.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
film, snow, thread, white