How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri028456 View Post
She was definitely miscast for the role. The only good things about her performance was the lack of fidgeting, stuttering, or doing any of her normal ticks. Her accent imo was not good, I barely heard it in some spots, and she barely even spoke. She had one expression on her face with her mouth open the whole time, with the exception of a smile or two. I think an example of this is when the huntsman tears her skirt off, her expression did not change one bit to show horror to justify him then telling her "don't flatter yourself". She didn't even flinch or look scared or horrified by it. She was just there with her mouth open.

Chris was the only one that was really good. Charlize was pure camp and overacted in a couple of scenes.

The movie as a whole was entertaining, but very choppy. She got one lesson from the huntsman for about 3 seconds on how to use the knife and suddenly she can fight? They barely even spoke to each other and suddenly they're in love? I would want to see a sequel as there have been talk about it concentrating on the huntsman, but with someone else as Snow.
Are you also on JJB by any chance? Someone said the same thing and then this got posted as a reply. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1vlQd9w0w_4

tried to embed. How does that work on tfs? tried to look it up..

Last edited by MissyJG; 07-06-2012 at 06:25 PM.

15-06-2012
V.I.P.

almost don't want to revive a dead thread, but I needed to post somewhere that I finally saw SWATH and HATED IT. I really wanted to like the movie bc of Charlize, to believe that Kristen's acting had improved and I thought the idea of the storyline was different. But good grief, that movie was bad. So much hype for a poor script, mediocre acting (although Charlize is still flawless imo), and no connection for the audience to really be pulled in by the move. An hour into the movie, I was bored.

</endrant>

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

Anyone have the Extended Edition of Snow White and the Huntsman, on DVD? I want to know whether it is a vast difference from the theatrical version.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
film, snow, thread, white