How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

i think that most of the movies today have a franchize clause in their contracts with crew, and only the most successful actually go with it for real, plus i think it's a pr move against the other SW movie, to get the pressure even more.

i have no issues with Kristen taking up the part, she is pretty enough and i think she will finally show her talent (well, i expect her to do so in OTR even more), but we'll see...i'm def more up for Charlize/Kristen version and i looove the dwarfs cast! too bad there were so much issues with Viggo that he let go of the project.

04-07-2011
trendsetter

Yeah studios are pretty quick to option anything they think might have legs, not particularly something I'm for. If Viggo read the same draught of the script i read I'm not surprised he got out. It certainly never read like him.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

he actually wanted the role, but asked for a huge sum of money plus the money from the boxoffice, than he left the negotiations as a strategy and apparently went for negotiations for another blockbuster (i think it was superman) so that the pressure's put on the company behind SW , but in the meantime was denied from both projects. apparently a very bad strategy from his camp.

trendsetter

I lost touch with the project after two of the guys I look after read for the Prince & didn't get it. lol So I don;t know anything about what happened with Viggo.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

I would love love love to see Alexis Bledel as Snow White. Personally I think she would be fantastic. She's really the only actress that springs to mind when I think of it.

fashion icon

^Ooohh... now that's a role I could see her playing! Alexis would be perfect playing Snow White and it would be great to see her get more attention for her acting.

V.I.P.

Alexis Bledel would be a great Snow White.
Maybe she'll be considered for the Disney version is Natalie doesn't do it?

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

There was a lot of talk about Viggo not playing the huntsman opposite Kristen Stewart, a lot of people said it was because of money. I was reading a new interview today in my local newsspaper (he´s filming in Buenos Aires) and he said that his mother was ill, that his father had problems so he had to drop stuff in order to be with them. He only did A Dangerous Method and On the Road because of that. So I´m thinking maybe that factored in his decision...? or maybe he backed down cause he prefered to film this new movie?

(google translation, with some corrections by me)

Q-What does your agent say when you show up with projects like these?
A-They want to kill themselves (laughs). But it´s what I like. Suddenly I received many offers for a lot of money and no, I'm doing this. I don´t refuse to do big movies. I do what I like. But when I say I'll do something, I´ll do it. There are actors who say "****, I get paid a million dollars, I'm going." I do not. If I had accepted a movie studio and I got this script, I´d have said no.

Q-But it should not be the first Argentine script they give you ...
A-Whenever I come I get several. I was interested in Ana´s and I could do it. I´ve been not working so much lately. My mom got sick and my father had problems and had to leave things to be with them. These were two difficult years. Until six months ago I have been a lot with my parents. Luckily I could, but I said no to several things. In Cronenberg's film I replaced another. He said: "I know you're with your parents, but they can shoot it all together and if you have to go back, you go back." I did that and a small part inOn The Road, by Walter Salles.

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
There was a lot of talk about Viggo not playing the huntsman opposite Kristen Stewart, a lot of people said it was because of money. I was reading a new interview today in my local newsspaper (he´s filming in Buenos Aires) and he said that his mother was ill, that his father had problems so he had to drop stuff in order to be with them. He only did A Dangerous Method and On the Road because of that. So I´m thinking maybe that factored in his decision...? or maybe he backed down cause he prefered to film this new movie?

(google translation, with some corrections by me)

Q-What does your agent say when you show up with projects like these?
A-They want to kill themselves (laughs). But it´s what I like. Suddenly I received many offers for a lot of money and no, I'm doing this. I don´t refuse to do big movies. I do what I like. But when I say I'll do something, I´ll do it. There are actors who say "****, I get paid a million dollars, I'm going." I do not. If I had accepted a movie studio and I got this script, I´d have said no.

Q-But it should not be the first Argentine script they give you ...
A-Whenever I come I get several. I was interested in Ana´s and I could do it. I´ve been not working so much lately. My mom got sick and my father had problems and had to leave things to be with them. These were two difficult years. Until six months ago I have been a lot with my parents. Luckily I could, but I said no to several things. In Cronenberg's film I replaced another. He said: "I know you're with your parents, but they can shoot it all together and if you have to go back, you go back." I did that and a small part inOn The Road, by Walter Salles.
i don't think he's referring to SW stuff cus they did negotiations maybe 3 months ago, i think he's referring to last year and his parents being ill being a factor in his taking up projects in this interview. it was confirmed how much he asked for even by The Hollywood Reporter. eventually both studios turned him down.

V.I.P.

^oh, thanks for that new (to me) info

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

thank you for the interesting interview!

V.I.P.

Well Viggo didn't do it for money, but I wonder why Hugh Jackman also dropped out?
I think it had something to do with the script, which is why they brought in someone to re-write it.

09-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
Well Viggo didn't do it for money, but I wonder why Hugh Jackman also dropped out?
I think it had something to do with the script, which is why they brought in someone to re-write it.
Variety said it was also due to asking too much money (and how he was too profiled for the project), but he was considered for the role after Viggo stepped out (so i'm not sure they changed anything in the script). my guess is that it had also to do with his comedy/standup tour he's doing at the moment (apparently there's some Broadway talk).

V.I.P.

^Hugh Jackman is also attached to several big projects at the moment, including Tom Hooper's upcoming adaptation of Les Miserables. So it could just be a scheduling issue.

10-07-2011
trendsetter

SWATH will be at comic-con, can't wait to see Charlize
Quote:
Saturday, July 23
3:30-4:15 Universal Pictures: Snow White and the Huntsmen— Universal Pictures is bringing the stars and filmmakers of its epic action-adventure film based on the script Snow White and the Huntsman to Comic-Con. Scheduled to appear to discuss their roles in this breathtaking new vision of the legendary tale are Kristen Stewart (Twilight), Oscar winner Charlize Theron (Prometheus), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), and Sam Claflin (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides). Director Rupert Sanders (Halo 3 campaign) and other filmmakers will also be on hand to reveal exclusive footage. Q&A session to follow. Hall H

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
film, snow, thread, white