How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2011
fashion icon

Lily looks lovely as Snow White- now I'm a bit more interested in seeing the film. She certainly seems to fit the role of Snow White then Kirsten Stewart does.

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

^but isn´t Kristen´s role more dark? I doubt her SW will be like this

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

she is. from what i got her SW is "a badass fighter" so i don't think there's gonna be many flowers on her dress (if she actually wears one). Huntsman is apparently lot, lot, lot more darker and Julia Roberts one is far more for children. we'll see...

V.I.P.

I don't mind Lily but that dress is god awful and not what I would imagine Snow White to wear at all. It's too cheesy.

At least Snow White and the Huntsman has the magnificent Colleen Atwood for costumes.

22-07-2011
V.I.P.

I love the dress, mainly because seeing all the colors gets me really excited about what the final film will look like.
Especially since I've seen Tarsem Singh's films, "The Cell" and "The Fall"

@dajrekshn: I hope at least one of them are for kids, but I've heard the Lily Collins version is based on the Grimm Brothers' tale and it will be more of a dark comedy.
All the young kids might have to hold out for the Disney version (with Natalie Portman?).

22-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
I love the dress, mainly because seeing all the colors gets me really excited about what the final film will look like.
Especially since I've seen Tarsem Singh's films, "The Cell" and "The Fall"

@dajrekshn: I hope at least one of them are for kids, but I've heard the Lily Collins version is based on the Grimm Brothers' tale and it will be more of a dark comedy.
All the young kids might have to hold out for the Disney version (with Natalie Portman?).
dunno, i've heard that Grimm version is more for the "kids" than the Theron/Stewart one, if anything more teen-y i guess. what is with the Natalie version? is that confirmed? i've been hearing about it, but nothing substantial...

tfs star

I have heard that Lily's version is more family friendly and Kristen's is more dark and action, think LOTR's.

22-07-2011
fashion insider

I'm not feeling Lily as Snow White yet.

I'm actually more excited about "Snow White and the Huntsman" because the plot seems more interesting.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.
22-07-2011
trendsetter

I used to be very excited about SWATH but after finally getting my hand on it, it looks like a bad rip off of LOTR. Sorry Charlize, I'll just watch press junkets

Oh and for the other SW well I don't like the dress so this may be a big fat no too

Last edited by dennab216; 22-07-2011 at 10:06 AM.
22-07-2011
V.I.P.

I will try to reserve my judgement until the trailers are released, but I think Snow White should be fun and "fairytale-ish" not like LOTR.

Red Riding Hood tried to get too "epic" with it and that movie was terrible.

23-07-2011
V.I.P.

Universal Pictures´Snow White. I like it, aesthetically it sets itself apart from the other movies doesn´t it?

snowwhiteandthehuntsmanmovie.com

Last edited by kokobombon; 23-07-2011 at 06:59 PM.
23-07-2011
fashion icon

^ I like the promo pics too. Makes the movie look interesting, to say the least. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was a Tim Burton film.

V.I.P.

I think they all look ridiculous.
You can tell it's something they probably hastily threw together to have something to present at Comic-Con.
I'm really hoping that's the case, especially in regards to Charlize's costume (so tacky).

Also, I think the promos are underwhelming after seeing the bright and colorful Lily Collins snow white promo.
And the "warrior" look doesn't really work on Kristen Stewart, I guess I'm just used to seeing her play "damsels."

24-07-2011
fashion insider

They will start shooting SWATH in a couple of days in England, right? I hope we will get better pictures then. It doesn't look too bad though.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.
24-07-2011
trendsetter

Don't like the promo pictures either but love love love Charlize facial expression. She needs more spread. She always bring it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
film, snow, thread, white