How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

i'm loving these promos actually. i think CHarlize's dress looks awesome, K looks like a little boy and is beyond cute, don't care for the guys, esp Hemsworth atm. i like they made minimalistic promos, i don't see anything cheap/quickly made looking tbh. aesthetically speaking, this is far superior to Lilly Collins one for my taste.

24-07-2011
trendsetter

I saw a little of the panel, I was actually just down there to see Sam, who I know. I have read the script a while ago and the promo pics are exactly what I expected them to look like, it is the polar opposite of what the Lily Collins version will look like but has the potentially to go horrible off course if they don;t keep a tight rein on it. Met Charlize who was lovely but, and this is the second time I've met Kristen, what a rude girl. She was last time but I put that down to Bafta nerves, but seemingly not.

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

^rude in what way? can you elaborate?

24-07-2011
trendsetter

^^I'll PM you, this isn't the place to talk about it really.

24-07-2011
front row

will the mirror dare to say that Charlize is not the most beautiful in the realm?

24-07-2011
V.I.P.

^I think it will focus more on "beauty" as a whole, meaning inside and out.
Kristen's Snow White will probably be more pure and generous when compared to the queen's maliciousness.

I am quite excited to see just how they how adapt the same story in two completely different ways though.
But I'm still having a hard time visualizing K-Stew riding a horse and fighting with a sword.

25-07-2011
V.I.P.

is it just me or K's SW looks like Joan of Arc tiny bit?

Stitch:the Hand

am i the only one who thinks charlize's costume is vaguely similar to gareth pugh with the geometric pailettes?

25-07-2011
V.I.P.

i can see what you mean there, yeah, there is..knew it reminded me of "something". good eye.

V.I.P.

Yeah, you´re right Scott
and so are you Daj with that JoA reference

I´m more excited for this SW than Lily´s...

27-07-2011
trendsetter

I am getting more and more baffled about this whole LOTR rip off . The Tree of Gondor is actually on the shield.. It's alright to get "inspire" by the story and add (a lot) of LOTR element in it and vibe but that's stretching things a bit too far IMO...

27-07-2011
V.I.P.

ETA: ^ lol I just noticed the tree of gondor after you pointed it out. I take it the Prince will be a bad guy? cause he's seriously creepy in his promo pic.

I feel like they are taking a page from Alice in Wonderland remake. Making the female lead a warrior princess like character. I kind of like it. It's great to see the damsel in distress being able to defend and take care of herself but hopefully they wont go overboard with it. I'm not a fan of Kristen in general and don't feel like she can act, her whole schtick is getting old.
Has anyone seen Lily in anything? do you think she can do the part well? I must say I haven't heard of her before.

Last edited by McClaire; 27-07-2011 at 03:06 PM.
27-07-2011
trendsetter

And it's not only the visual.. I didn't read the modified script but the one I read, it's baffling how they stole stuff from LOTR. Not cool IMO.. Plus at first SW wasn't really a warrior. It's the Huntsman who taught her everything but at the end she "chose" the Prince. The ending is pretty lame btw.. The prince handle her an apple or whatever, then she starts to remembers all those memories/time together, they kiss and there is a round of applause... Let's hope Kristen will look more into it than in any of her past make out session and it'll look closer to Adventureland than Twi saga.

I have never seen Lily in anything, she played in Priest, The Blind side (I don't remember seeing her) and has Abduction coming out.

27-07-2011
V.I.P.

Considering how fast they probably threw those promo images together in order to have something to present, it may actually be the tree of Gondor.
Maybe they had the spare prop lying around and used it...at least I hope that's the case.

That shield seems too big for her, so hopefully the real prop will be more original.

I've never seen Lily act before, but she sure is getting a lot of roles, so clearly she's impressing someone.

As for Kristen, I like that her Snow White will be a fighter (I love my strong female characters), I'm just having issues imagining her actually doing the fighting. I can't see it.
It just doesn't fit, which is a good thing because she's finally playing a different type of role.
But she's definitely going to have to bring her acting game to be convincing.

27-07-2011
trendsetter

I don't understand people who says she is playing a different role. A different role for her would be a brain dead girlie girl or someone very funny, light, caring.. She always plays emo people, "dark". This SW is no different than her previous roles, Lily Collins SW would have been a bigger challenge for her. In SWATH, she'll still have to navigate through the same set of emotions..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
film, snow, thread, white