How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

Snow White and the Huntsman Set Pics
I think I see Chris...?

kstewartfans via sleepykrista

Last edited by kokobombon; 28-09-2011 at 01:03 PM.

28-09-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
^I really want your job. Like no joke. You were on the Man of Steel set...with Henry freaking Cavill.

But Kristen actually looks bigger in the costume than she did in the promo pics.
It's somewhat more believable, however, I still can't see her "kicking butt" alongside Thor.
Say that when you have to deal with whining actors day in day out! It's nice to get out the office though! I have my gang doing such great jobs to thank for that!

I think this whole film may well be a re-imagining too far if I'm honest. I'm not wholely convinced by the casting, not just Kristen (I'm really not a fan & I have my oh so many reasons for that but she's not alone here in being miscast) I read the script and and I have to say that I didnt think that was the route they were going to go, I'm slightly disappointed, I'd loved to have seen Felicity Jones tackle this.

On a slightly different note, if Ms Stewarts posture were better, she'd look a lot more comfortable riding the horse (her hands in those pics are driving me mad), I have a huge thing about actors on horses as someone who's ridden all their life, it drives me nuts when it's slightly off! I'm slightly mad, I know!

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

^miscast in what way? cause Felicity Jones looks a lot like Kristen.

28-09-2011
trendsetter

I don't think they look that much a like, Felicity is utterly stunning, the camera just adores her, from every angle, in any light. She actually turned down the Snow White Lily Collins is doing to do Luise Miller at the Donmar. She has this beautiful elfin quality to her, slightly other worldly, even in person, and god knows I've watched her just about everything in the last few years. She has a gorgeous warm quality that comes with an inner stillness, a sense of utter dissolution into a role and a depth that just bores into a camera and on stage she just glows, it's not something you see in many actresses. I think, despite this being a re-imagined fairytale, the qualities she would have brought to the role would have sat better and made for a more interesting character, because in reality it was written as quite flat. I'm not about to give you an assessment of what I think of Kristen's acting because I suspect it would piss off an infinite amount of people. I'm fully aware my opinion on her isn't a particularly popular one either

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 28-09-2011 at 02:49 PM.
28-09-2011
V.I.P.

^oh, don´t worry. most of us who like Kristen think she´s a bad actress LOL
and though I liked Felicity in the few things I´ve seen her in I wasn´t that much impress with her, sure she´s a good actress but the way you describe her is different as how I see her... maybe it´s because I haven´t seen much of her work as opposed to you

28-09-2011
trendsetter

I think perhaps I see performances differently than most people anyway. I came through a directing background to a job that involves judging scripts, roles and actors and what they're capable of so I constantly examine and pull apart performances, I probably watch tv in a very different way to how other people do!
I suggest really following up on Felicity because she's wonderful (I think the UK is producing the best young actors at the moment full stop) but really I suppose you could say that it boils down to her having a warmness on screen that I think fails Kristen.

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

Felicity Jones would have made an awesome Snow White and I agree about her having "warmness" and she's just so charming.
I've only seen one movie of hers, Northanger Abbey, and I still haven't forgotten her. She has such on-screen presence.

I do agree about this film being miscast (in terms of Kristen, Chris Hemsworth, and possibly the guy who's playing the Prince),
however, hopefully the casting directors are seeing something we don't.
They did get some great actors to play the dwarves though, so maybe the script is just really really good?

28-09-2011
trendsetter

I agree, I think they got the dwarves right and I have to say I think Sam Clafin will be a thumbs up too, he's really great young talent. I do remain unconvinced by Chris Hemsworth as things stand.

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
I don't think they look that much a like, Felicity is utterly stunning, the camera just adores her, from every angle, in any light. She actually turned down the Snow White Lily Collins is doing to do Luise Miller at the Donmar. She has this beautiful elfin quality to her, slightly other worldly, even in person, and god knows I've watched her just about everything in the last few years. She has a gorgeous warm quality that comes with an inner stillness, a sense of utter dissolution into a role and a depth that just bores into a camera and on stage she just glows, it's not something you see in many actresses. I think, despite this being a re-imagined fairytale, the qualities she would have brought to the role would have sat better and made for a more interesting character, because in reality it was written as quite flat. I'm not about to give you an assessment of what I think of Kristen's acting because I suspect it would piss off an infinite amount of people. I'm fully aware my opinion on her isn't a particularly popular one either
hm. i am pretty sure i've read Universal's confirmation about Felicity doing test screens for this particular adaptation, and how in the end Kristen was picked instead for the lead role. it was Felicity, Riley K., Bella H. and Alicia V. who auditioned and then Universal went into negotiations with Stewart. i guess none of these girls were what the producers and director had in mind for this role.

i've only seen Felicity in Chalet Girl and..well, that's it. i don't see her talent, but then again i want to see Like Crazy for awhile now and i'll judge her acting after that for sure since CG isn't quality material to begin with. there's been a big buzz around her this year. also, your opinion on Kristen's acting is actually very much one that majority has, general public has a very low opinion on her acting, but (most of) critics and obv peeps from the biz are on the other side of that opinion coin.

V.I.P.

IMO...I think they went with Kristen, because she's more likely to be a "box office draw" when compared to the others. Considering the budget of this film, Universal isn't going to want to risk losing money by hiring unknown actresses like the ones you mentioned.

But then again, maybe Kristen pulled something out of the bag that blew them away?
She's only 21 and even though she hasn't shown much range to date, that doesn't mean she can't improve. And considering this character should be different from anything she's done before...maybe it will force her to change it up.

28-09-2011
trendsetter

Felicity was definitely seen for the other Snow White too, I saw the paperwork, I know the person who sent her! Regarding Kristen, by your comment I'm reading that you're suggesting the critics and 'peeps from the biz' consider her to be some huge talent. As one of those 'peeps' myself, I have to disagree with you. She's having a moment, a moment that comes absolutely from the success of Twilight (a franchise with more hype around it than I can even begin to comprehend), I believe that she will be able to coast on that for a few years but after that, unless she begins to show some range in what she's doing she's going to be typecast into roles that fit her limited ability. If she were one of my clients, I'd be at a dead end with what roles to push her towards if I'm honest, I don't see a scope in her work at all. But then thats just my 2 cents.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 28-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.
28-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
IMO...I think they went with Kristen, because she's more likely to be a "box office draw" when compared to the others. Considering the budget of this film, Universal isn't going to want to risk losing money by hiring unknown actresses like the ones you mentioned.

But then again, maybe Kristen pulled something out of the bag that blew them away?
She's only 21 and even though she hasn't shown much range to date, that doesn't mean she can't improve. And considering this character should be different from anything she's done before...maybe it will force her to change it up.
Kristen, by any measures, isn't exactly a boxoffice draw compared to all other projects she did and sums these earned. Neither of the Twilight trio is (last case in point: Taylor Lautner last weekend). That fact shouldn't be ignored either if they're taking it as an only calculation for this (if they did they're going into way bigger risk considering they're paying her 4-5 times bigger salary than they would for all the girls that auditioned). i think that their boxoffice draw's are Chris H. (due to Thor, i see it as a connection to why he was picked so quickly after all those hard negotiations with Viggo and Hugh and that would explain such a different approach) and Charlize (who will bring out the bigger profile in terms of image and visibility).

this girl's been in industry for over 12-13 years now with a steady or more than steady career working with cast and crew lot of the the other of her age can still only wish/dream working with. either way, each to his own, but i'm thinking it's safe to assume Kristen bought something to this audition others didnt and which, in the end, worked for the crew better than the stuff others bought and i hope she will deliver it and show she's indeed a talented girl (but who knows...).

Quote:
Felicity was definitely seen for the other Snow White too, I saw the paperwork, I know the person who sent her! Regarding Kristen, by your comment I'm reading that you're suggesting the critics and 'peeps from the biz' consider her to be some huge talent. As one of those 'peeps' myself, I have to disagree with you. She's having a moment, a moment that comes absolutely from the success of Twilight (a franchise with more hype around it than I can even begin to comprehend), I believe that she will be able to coast on that for a few years but after that, unless she begins to show some range in what she's doing she's going to be typecast into roles that fit her limited ability. If she were one of my clients, I'd be at a dead end with what roles to push her towards if I'm honest, I don't see a scope in her work at all. But then thats just my 2 cents

oh no, i didn't say she wasn't involved in the other SW movie, it's just that by the way you were referring to her compatibility for this SW movie in your post i thought you were implying that she wasn't even close to this second SW project. by the peeps from the biz and critics i meant in general, not all of them. Roger Ebert, Scott Feinberg etc come to mind as do Foster, Salles etc etc who all stated their minds well before Twilight was even in preproduction. also, IMO, her hype def didn't come only from Twilight as she had a stable career up till then too and got most of the projects she aimed for. the "problem" that showed up is that her movies after Twilight came out are in much bigger spotlight then before and with bigger salary there are bigger expectations and i agree with you on that part - it will only last for so long until she shows some bigger range. there are plenty of those up and coming that can take away the roles she nowadays has brought in without auditions or anything.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 28-09-2011 at 04:48 PM.
28-09-2011
V.I.P.

^yeah, I don´t think she´s a very talented actress but she had an important resumé (in terms of people she´s worked with) way before Twilight came along. I guess people like Sean Penn definitely see something in her

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
I agree, I think they got the dwarves right and I have to say I think Sam Clafin will be a thumbs up too, he's really great young talent. I do remain unconvinced by Chris Hemsworth as things stand.
aren´t you a bit biased? :p

28-09-2011
trendsetter

I do know him, but we don't look after him. He's been around a long time, I first saw him in his LAMDA showcase, and after his performance in Any Human Heart, I think it's undeniable. And I'm biased.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
film, snow, thread, white