How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2009

^It definitely was memorable (And integral to the plot) Go enjoy it Scott!

16-05-2009
Stitch:the Hand

i love winona ryder and thrilled to see she's back doing some good work again.

i'm planning to see it sometime the coming days when i have a bit of free time so i will let you all know.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

Star Trek into Darkness
Star Trek into Darkness is an upcoming American science fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams, written by Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof and Roberto Orci, and produced by Abrams, Kurtzman, Lindelof, Orci and Bryan Burk. It is the twelfth Star Trek film and serves as the sequel to Star Trek, the 2009 reboot of the Star Trek franchise. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho return to reprise their roles from the previous film. It is set to be released on May 17, 2013

Plot
After being called back home, the crew of the Enterprise find a seemingly unstoppable force which has attacked Starfleet and left the planet in chaos. Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise are tasked with leading the deadly manhunt to capture the party responsible and settle an old score

Title
J. J. Abrams has stated that unlike the original series' Trek films, this film will have no roman numeral following the title Star Trek (to avoid repeating the form used with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan) or any subtitle used with a colon like The Next Generation's film series. On September 7, 2012, bloggers revealed that the film's title was expected to be Star Trek into Darkness. Cast member Simon Pegg also posted this title, and Abrams acknowledged the title during his interview on the talk show Conan

Cast
Chris Pine as Captain James T. Kirk
Zachary Quinto as Spock
Benedict Cumberbatch as the main antagonist.
Karl Urban as Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy
Zoe Saldana as Nyota Uhura
Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov
John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
Simon Pegg as Montgomery "Scotty" Scott
Bruce Greenwood as Admiral Christopher Pike
Noel Clarke, Alice Eve, Peter Weller, Joseph Gatt, Nazneen Contractor, Anjini Taneja Azhar and Nolan North have also been cast, but their roles are unspecified. Heather Langenkamp has also been cast in what she describes as a small role.

blogs.cio.com

V.I.P.

tfs star

OMG it does look kind of different, i mean involving a lot of the earth and not a classic adventure, but it seems i'll like it anyway.

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

This looks great! I can't wait to see it.

07-12-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I don't know if I'm mostly excited because of Cumberbatch, but

V.I.P.

29-05-2013
tfs star

I went to see the movie the other day and I enjoyed it so much. It's such an awesome movie, I love movies when I'm in constant suspense and I don't know what's going to happen, so many twists.

trendsetter

I hated STID. Such a stain on the Trek legacy, and a blatant ripoff of both WOK and SFS. Also, I didn't find it very clever of the writers to structurally rip off Reboot (sometimes scene for scene) in terms of how plot and characterization was set-up. No wonder the movie overall grossed less than Reboot! Nobody wants to see something so vastly unoriginal, uninspired, and that ignores everything that makes Trek special in the first place.

I still love Reboot. It's what finally enabled to to go back and watch the series. (My real dad was a TNG watcher, so I've always been familiar with Trek, but I had issues with my real dad, so I never had a 'entry in' to watch the franchise until JJ came along.) However, this turd is going to the same place in my mind where I keep Spider-Man 3: it doesn't exist.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2013, coming, darkness, into darkness, sequel, star, trek, update