How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2011
tfs star

LOVE this show so far! the 1st season has been amazing to this point, and i'm hoping they can keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^I don't mean to be rude or anything but what does being deaf have to do with anything? Being deaf isn't any different then having glasses really. People always assume that it's so different and ruins a person's life, but really it's not so bad. But yeah, she didn't necessarily have the "best" childhood you could say but I think her mom raised her well enough.
i agree, depending on whose perspective one takes, that being deaf doesn't by default, 'ruin' one's life. it's the whole cup half full/half empty attitude type of thing here as well. however, by looking at how bay and daphne were raised, i'd say bay has more rights to being slightly bratty, just because it seems like her parents, although richer, seemed to sort of cage her in in a sense, rather than allowing her to discover herself as a person.

27-11-2011
fashion elite

ABC Fam posted the Winter Premiere Preview! Check it out here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=740565448795

27-11-2011
backstage pass

Thanks for the preview, I like it! I can't wait for Jan 3rd, I think the second part of the 1st season is going to be crazy with al this love triangles!

24-01-2012
fashion insider

I just watched last week's episode and a can't stand Daphne mad/disappointed/angry/sad/name it face. It's always the same and she dose it with moving her nose witch is so distracting. Daphne is so annoying character but the girl who plays her makes her even worse because she is not a good actress.

25-01-2012
backstage pass

^ditto, I love Bay though. I also can't stand her mom and adore Regina.

25-01-2012
fashion elite

I don't hate any of the characters. I seem to be in the minority here, but I think Bay needs to do a lot of growing up. She's always going on and on about missing out on her 'real' life but instead of being thankful for what she did get, she's always complaining about it. I think that's why I love Melody so much. She's not afraid to tell it to her like it is.

27-01-2012
fashion insider

^^I don't think that Melody is fair. Bay is really trying and she is changing. She's not that spoiled brat that she was when the show started and she really want's to get things right in this mess.

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

Switched at Birth - Episode 1.16 - Las Dos Fridas - Promotional Photos

Quote:
Kathryn's mother Bonnie comes for a visit which makes Bay and Daphne question their new roles in the family and where they fit in. While Bonnie can't get over the physical resemblance between Daphne and Kathryn, Daphne still sees herself as a girl from her old neighborhood and struggles with her new identity. Meanwhile, Bay and Regina grow closer as they try to find out what happened to Angelo and their shared love of art. Toby's new girlfriend Simone tries to change him, which Bay warns him about, in an all-new episode of "Switched at Birth," on ABC Family, airing Tuesday, February 7 at 8:00PM ET/PT. (ABC FAMILY/ERIC MCCANDLESS) MEREDITH BAXTER, D.W. MOFFETT

spoilertv

04-09-2012
tfs star

pretty good episode for this week! i like that they finally brought in another boy, i'm getting sick of every single episode being about the bay/emmett/daphne triangle!

by the way, would anyone happen to know who this east indian actor is, who worked in the kitchen with daphne? i feel like i saw him somewhere else, and it's really bugging me to id him!

[my own screencap]

backstage pass

Isn't that the actor, who played Raj in 90210? Google says his name is Manish Dayal.

tfs star

^ YES!!! thank you so much, i was racking my brain and scouring google to figure out who he was, quite the looker imo :p

backstage pass

^^ yeah he is from 90210 diego, there
I love this show, i picked it up today, cause I had a break. It is great and so engaging.

28-12-2012
backstage pass

i cannot believe that Emmet is so stupid to cheat on Bay;o from now on i guess there will be much more drama

17-07-2013
front row

Is anyone still watching?
It got really good. Loved the episode where they showed what could've been if they found out about the switch when the girls were still little.

18-07-2013
backstage pass

Yes, I am, but I am far behind with what is on TV now.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
birth, switched