How to Join
05-06-2016
V.I.P.

utterly HUGE achievement by Novak Djokovic today
he holds ALL four slams at once.

to put that in perspective, a tweet:

Quote:
Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel 5h5 hours ago
The last time a man held all 4 Slams: Nixon was prez, the Beatles were together & the US had just landed on the moon

also cool win on the ladies side by gabrine
in mixed dubs by paes and hingis
in male dubs by the lopez bros

etc...

the FO was cursed with horrible weather
but it had very interesting and historical outcomes none the less.

tennis rules

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
06-06-2016
浪人

There never seemed to be a full house (except during the final) when I was watching matches on tv.... Was it b/c of the flooding?

07-06-2016
fashion insider

I didn't really like Roland Garros this year. Not so many memorable matches. I think the weather really did ruin it. The conditions were awful to play in. One day they put matches on court when it was already raining. The schedules got messed up.

And all the corporate boxes lower down around Phillippe Chatrier Court were always empty at the start and when the weather wasn't so good.

Anyway it was a stunning achievement by Nole. I think this was the first slam final I remember in which most of the crowd seemed to be on his side. Helps not playing Federer or Nadal. He looks like he'd be on course to overtake Roger's slam record.

12-06-2016
V.I.P.

not sure he'll overtake fed chaky... maybe too soon to tell.

especially as news today says lendl is back with muzza, so that rivalry might heat up.

i know what you mean; i found roland garros difficult this year. i missed the first week because i was on holidays but even the second week alone was tough to sit through with the bad conditions, interrupted matches, and so on. that's why i was glad that at least some of the wins were special.

i guess it's been raining a lot in stuggart this week too. : /

luckly wimbledon has a roof!

Quote:
castorpollux: There never seemed to be a full house (except during the final) when I was watching matches on tv.... Was it b/c of the flooding?
- think so, yes. a lot of people didn't want to sit in the cold and wait for matches that may or may not happen.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 12-06-2016 at 03:52 PM.
23-06-2016
tfs star

Murray is my guy. #GoAndy

24-06-2016
V.I.P.

Now that Serena has seemingly and thankfully lost her invincibility, WTA has become more fun. Unfortunately, Novak is still ruing ATP.

fashion insider

I'm just so glad they're back on grass. Much prefer to clay.

Shame the weather has impacted so much over the last couple of months. At least Wimbledon has a roof.

03-07-2016
浪人

Novak lost! I was gonna attend the US Open if he were trying to win a calendar slam.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, tennis, thread