How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-05-2005
V.I.P.

everyone's suggested the most fantastic things so I'll just say: if you get a chance, just start walking around - Paris is a fantastic city to 'get lost in' if that makes any sense whenever I'm there I spend a lot of time just wandering around (as a tip have a map with you in case you actually do get lost )

23-05-2005
windowshopping

In this month's Lucky there's a shopping guide for Paris. Looks like there are some good spots.

And Rue de Buci in the St. Germaine dist. is great for having a drink and people watching.

23-05-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

smoke and gesture ( whilst wearing a fab scarf) - t least thats my experience whilst living in auteuil

02-07-2005
taz
MUSE

Paris Hotels, where to stay??
where to stay in paris, in which area?
& what is ur fav. hotel?
& any good or bad memories with paris hotels?

02-07-2005
backstage pass

I love Ritz in Paris, but prices are hilarious sometimes. Actually, depends on room or suite. But this hotel is GREAT! They've got coco chanel suite, lol. Four seasons are pretty good there, too. I'm sure there's lots of other good CHEAPER hotels, but I'm staying in these when I'm in Paris. Check it out

02-07-2005
backstage pass

OH ! How could I forget. They have view from rooms on Place Vendome

02-07-2005
backstage pass

What price range are we talking about?

I've never actually stayed there, but depending on who you talk to some people claim that the Georges V in Paris is the best hotel in the world.

02-07-2005
taz
MUSE

all of my friends are recommending in staying in the Champs-Elysees, but i prefer the louver & marias arae.
what do u think about living in the Champs-Elysées area?

02-07-2005
taz
MUSE

the milluniume opera was nice, but it is quite street at night

03-07-2005
V.I.P.

When I was there we stayed at the Marriott Renaissance in La Defense, which was a business area, very safe, very quiet. We stayed there but didnt like being so far from Paris (we could see Paris but it was about a mile to the Champs-Elysées) so we just went on the internet and found the Ibis which was close to the Eiffel Tower, we had a room that overlooked the house that was in the end of SATC (Im pretty sure it was the same house). It was in a very nice area with a lovely restaurant across the street. I think the Ibis wasn't as luxurious as the Renaissance (not nearly) but it was so close to everything that it was worth it. The Ibis' breakfast was incredibly good, the croissants were light as air.

When I was in the nice part of Paris where all the designer boutiques are (no clue the name) there was this hotel across from Chanel (not the Cambon location) with flowerboxes that were overflowing with the most beautiful flowers Ive ever seen, it was a gorgeous hotel and was very close to the Champs-Elysées. So maybe that would be up your alley.

03-07-2005
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
When I was in the nice part of Paris where all the designer boutiques are (no clue the name) there was this hotel across from Chanel (not the Cambon location) with flowerboxes that were overflowing with the most beautiful flowers Ive ever seen, it was a gorgeous hotel and was very close to the Champs-Elysées. So maybe that would be up your alley.
is it the Faborgue St. Honore street??? or Av. Montaigne? there are miliions of hotels there... but which one to choose???

Le Defense... i would never stay there, it is too far from the parisian life.

i thought about the best western hotels chain, they have 3 hotels close to the arc de tromph, they are clean, safe, reasonable price & u won't miss anything there

03-07-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
all of my friends are recommending in staying in the Champs-Elysees, but i prefer the louver & marias arae.
what do u think about living in the Champs-Elysées area?
oh no, not Champs Elysees
its a very popular area for middle eastern people but its a bit boring no?
i seldom live in hotels in Paris so i can't really recomment anyone special (apart the Hotel Chopin near the Bourse)

regarding areas, my fave is by far Le Montmartre

Republique is also cool near Oberkampf or near Canal Saint Martin
Rue Saint Honore has some cool hotels and its very convenient for window shopping/Louvre and so close to the yummy Angeline patiserie

03-07-2005
trendsetter

I went with my class a few weeks ago, we stayed in Clichy. It sucked, it wasn't a very nice part of the town, the people that worked at the hotel warned us about going out at night. So atleast I can tell you not stay there :p

03-07-2005
etre soi-meme

depents on where one stays at Clichy..
at night its much less 'dangerous' than you'd think , actually Boulevard de Clichy is quite fun in a kitchy way (see Moulin Rouge)

03-07-2005
trendsetter

^yeah that's true. We were a bit far from the blvd cause it took a while to get there so I guess we were more 'north'. And we were hungry one night so we went to the Mc Dondalds and met all kinds of people. Paris was still great though and Lena I have to ask since you seem to know, was it on that Boulevar de Clichy that all the sexshops and stuff were located?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
guide, paris, travel