How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2005
taz
MUSE

Hôtel du Petit Moulin is the hotel redesigned by LACROIX

http://www.paris-hotel-petitmoulin.com/

& sorry i was mistaken about the location

05-07-2005
taz
MUSE

does anyone know the area of LACROIX's hotel?

05-07-2005
paint it black

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
does anyone know the area of LACROIX's hotel?
Near Bastille, Republique, Les Halles - 3rd

05-07-2005
taz
MUSE

thanks marrit i meant the lifestyle ,the spirit there?

06-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
thanks nr9dream, what about the surrounding? are there a pakery, shops,....?
how is the life style there????
Hi Taz,
The direct area of the Hotel consists of mostly Japanese restaurants…There are 2 great places I would rec. one Japanese ‘gourmet’ & one with Soufflés as specialty—basically everything on the menu is a soufflé :p Delicious!…I’m bad with remembering names but if you are interested I can ask my friend…

-There is a boulangerie & monoprix supermarket right near the hotel if you want to picnic.

-Close by is place Vendome with the Ritz & hotel Costes…or you could stop to have drinks at fancy hotel Meurice Also the dept stores are at walking distance.

-A really nice longer walk with baby is to cross the Tuileries and then along & across the Seine towards Saint Germain where you will also have a larger choice in Restaurants…

I love to stay in this area- it’s a little ‘bourgeois’ of course but so nice & comfortable with a baby.

06-07-2005
taz
MUSE

thanks alot nr9dream i'll go for this hotel for the 1st week & for the second one i'll move to try the champe elysse upon my friends advice.
i'll be happier if there is a 'crepe kiosk' around the hotel or a bakery love french pastry

it is nice to enter from the jewled Palais Royal metro entrance, i guess my baby will like it, as i do.

thanks again nr9dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr9dream
Hi Taz,
The direct area of the Hotel consists of mostly Japanese restaurants…There are 2 great places I would rec. one Japanese ‘gourmet’ & one with Soufflés as specialty—basically everything on the menu is a soufflé :p Delicious!…I’m bad with remembering names but if you are interested I can ask my friend…

-There is a boulangerie & monoprix supermarket right near the hotel if you want to picnic.

-Close by is place Vendome with the Ritz & hotel Costes…or you could stop to have drinks at fancy hotel Meurice Also the dept stores are at walking distance.

-A really nice longer walk with baby is to cross the Tuileries and then along & across the Seine towards Saint Germain where you will also have a larger choice in Restaurants…

I love to stay in this area- it’s a little ‘bourgeois’ of course but so nice & comfortable with a baby.

Last edited by taz; 06-07-2005 at 08:15 AM.
07-07-2005
taz
MUSE

are there anything special happening during sept? the room's rates are doubled from 2nd sept to the 5th?

Last edited by taz; 07-07-2005 at 09:30 AM.
07-07-2005
paint it black

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
are there anything special happening during sept? the room's rates are doubled from 2nd sept to the 5th?
I'd guess the fashion shows

07-07-2005
paint it black

Sorry. I checked tfs Event Calender and it says't the fashion week is in the beginning of October.

07-07-2005
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarit
Sorry. I checked tfs Event Calender and it says't the fashion week is in the beginning of October.
yes, i checked that too maarit, i thought it was the ready to wear but it is too far.
it is not only one hotel, it almost all the hotels around paris in these days???

07-07-2005
front row

We rented a fully furnished and lately renovated apartment for one week. Imo much better than a small hotel room and there couldn't have been more friendlier landlady. She had organized champagne, orange juice etc. to the fridge for free.
The aparment was gorgeous with the original creaking wooden floors and fireplace, facing towards a small park.

Last edited by Drowned; 07-07-2005 at 02:12 PM.
07-07-2005
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowned
We rented a fully furnished and lately renovated apartment for one week. Imo much better than a small hotel room and there couldn't have been more friendlier landlady. She had organized champagne, orange juice etc. to the fridge for free.
The aparment was gorgeous with the original creaking wooden floors and fireplace, facing towards a small park.
wow this is cool for my big family trip,in which are is it? is there a web page ? & how much it was Drowned?

16-07-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz
of course, its the Salons du pret-a-porter, the Maison&object Salon, high time for trade fairs in Paris, you need to book very early cause its high season taz..

actaully Le Pigalle/Montmartre is much more chic and 'vrais Paris' than you may remember taz, i absolutely adore this area

19-07-2005
backstage pass

Going to Paris--need hotel's!
Ok, I will be stopping through Paris after traveling for work for a few days in October.
I need some idea's for hotel's. It will be me and up to 2 coworker's of mine sharing a room. I want something that is affordable (maybe something less than $300 per night). Also, if it could be around all the main attractions and shopping that would be great too. Obviously we would like to stay somewhere nice but we would all rather save as much money for shopping if possible. :p

19-07-2005
backstage pass

Ok, so I am checking out some hotels... .Best Western has so many. I am looking through them and don't know which one to choose. we want to be near the Eiffel Tower, the Arc, and Champs Elysees. What would be the best one of those to choose?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
guide, paris, travel