How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2007
backstage pass

Maison du Chocolat for the best hot chocolate ever!!!!

22-07-2007
mmmmmm...fashion....

^ the perfect chocolate shop!! ( i had a standing weekly order within the first month of the london store opening...)

23-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8 View Post
^ for cakes and sweets try pierre herme - pastries so beautiful you regret eating them!

I agree.

Pierre Hermé is so much better than Ladurée. Once you've tasted PH pastries & macarons you never want to go back to Ladurée.
I think everyone coming to Paris should try his pâtisserie.

backstage pass

Help!
Does anyone have hotel and/or restaurant suggestions? Relatively cheap suggestions, haha.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcedeleche View Post
Does anyone have hotel and/or restaurant suggestions? Relatively cheap suggestions, haha.
There are a lot of boutique inexpensive hotels in Paris. I suggest going to tripadvisor and looking for one in one of the central arrondissements! I'm on the lookout for that perfect boutique hotel so I've been to a different one each time I go to Paris.

04-12-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab212 View Post
In this month's Lucky there's a shopping guide for Paris. Looks like there are some good spots.

And Rue de Buci in the St. Germaine dist. is great for having a drink and people watching.
I love St. Germain! It's so chic and I love walking around and checking out all the stores. Even though it's touristy, I had a cafe creme at Les Deux Magots the last time I was there and it was perfect!

13-12-2007
backstage pass

Thank you! I think we've decided to stay in the Latin Quarter. Although it's not 'hip' anymore, I want to stay there for the history.

backstage pass

Help! Paris Trip Planning.
Hi everyone,

Me and two of my friends are planning to go to Paris in about 4 weeks.
I am responsible for all the arrangements because I'm the only who has finished all my exams.

But I've run into some problems. Mostly in choosing which hotel to choose from. As I am not at all familiar with Paris apart from how it is divided into sections.

Would you guys be so kind to help me come up with a few suggestions?

Below is my plan:
- We are taking the Eurostar from London St Pancras to Paris Gare du Nord.
- Places that we are planning to visit: the Louvre, Champs Elysee, possibly the Eiffel Tower, Rue de Rivoli.
- We would also like to be around an area that has some nice pubs for the night.

Preferably the hotel is near most of the above attractions. and of course the Gare du Nord

Budget is around £100 per night.

Thanks in advance!

(I didn't know where exactly to start this thread, so if it is in the wrong section, please help me move it )

Last edited by TeeKay; 11-06-2008 at 09:32 PM.
28-06-2008
windowshopping

Allez Les Bleus!
Paris! It's so much fun to read everyone's comments
www.virginandthecity.blogspot.com

28-06-2008
kabhi alvida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Hi everyone,

I am responsible for all the arrangements because I'm the only who has finished all my exams.

But I've run into some problems. Mostly in choosing which hotel to choose from. As I am not at all familiar with Paris apart from how it is divided into sections.

Below is my plan:
- Places that we are planning to visit: the Louvre, Champs Elysee, possibly the Eiffel Tower, Rue de Rivoli.
- We would also like to be around an area that has some nice pubs for the night.

Preferably the hotel is near most of the above attractions. and of course the Gare du Nord

Thanks in advance!

(I didn't know where exactly to start this thread, so if it is in the wrong section, please help me move it )
We just booked the Hotel Du Roy for 3 nights, and we paid £320 each for the hotel, which is apparently in a good location, and the Eurostar return trip.

Aby
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Hi everyone,

Below is my plan:

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend the Hotel Britannique. http://www.hotel-britannique.fr/index.html

It's located on Avenue Victoria, near the Chatelet, direct from Gare du Nord by subway, next to the rue de Rivoli and all the main sites you want to see are a few subway/ bus stations away.

02-07-2008
backstage pass

French martini?
I wasn't sure where to put this question, but a few years ago I was in France, and I ordered, or asked for rather, a Martini and got the same drink at most places. They were wonderful, and I did a little research and found that the drinks a pretty much just Martini liquer straight. Does anyone have any idea about that because I'd love to make them for my friends!

Thank you!

V.I.P.

^ It's funny because a few years ago I was in California and I asked for a Martini and I never understood was it is they gave me.

Martini is actually a brand. When you ask for a Martini you usually get a Martini Bianco (Martini blanc).
You'll find all the explanations you need (and see George Clooney ) here:
http://www.martini.com/

Hope that helps.

Btw, Martini is one of my favorite drinks.

backstage pass

So helpful, thank you! I agree, I prefer the 'European' version to ours.

windowshopping

Anyone from Paris?? Important
Hi!

Im a girl from Sweden who is (what it seems likw for the moment) going to paris in the end of october. The thing is that.. im going alone. And I have never been in paris before! Im wondering if there is another girl on here ,that are going to paris in the sametime as me, or someone who lives there, that want to hang out from the 20th- 27th? or just like, some of those days?

Would be SO happy if someone replied!
And oh, is it safe to go to Paris alone?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
guide, paris, travel