How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2011
®

hey guys, is it possible to answer a question / respond to a message in tumblr without publishing it?

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

maybe when you ``ask´´ back?
I mean write to the ask box of the person whos message you wanna answer without showing the post public.
I don´t think so that there is other way...wich sucks.
And I hate those bloggers who answer everything and fill my dash with stupid posts that some anon has posted. Why on earth they have to answer all those?

Another annoying thing is that everyone is doing that REBLOG THIS AND I WILL PROMOTE YOU-posts...

I just use tumblr to collect pictures that I like and pictures that inspire me.
I have followers but I don´t really collect them. I don´t beg people to follow me.
Just don´t understand why people are so obsessed with the number of followers.

Last edited by Jenna-maria; 25-04-2011 at 04:05 AM.
25-04-2011
we could have had it all

^ Well said. I followed a lot of people when I first signed up, but it didn't take long to cut back once my dashboard started being flooded with answers to anonymous questions/insults and promotions for promotions.

25-04-2011
tfs star

IAmLordZen, good question i've wondered that myself but the next best thing is to simply delete the post once you think the inquirer has had sufficient time to view the response.

i only have a handful of people i follow but i have to say editing past posts is major pain in the neck since i end up scrolling thru ten zillion posts not belonging to me; wish there were some way one could strictly view their own posts. for now i just end up unfollowing then re-adding them.

and if i got a dollar for everytime my scans have been reposted on tumblr(and everywhere else)without crediting back to tfs where they came from i'd be a millionaires. and often times there's no way to contact them so you're just left hanging. that totally blows.

it's a numbers world what can i say. just keep on doin what you're doin and the rest will follow.

25-04-2011
we could have had it all

^ If you click on the number of posts on the right hand side of your dashboard (between your URL and number of followers) it should display only your posts

25-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellastica View Post
IAmLordZen, good question i've wondered that myself but the next best thing is to simply delete the post once you think the inquirer has had sufficient time to view the response.

i only have a handful of people i follow but i have to say editing past posts is major pain in the neck since i end up scrolling thru ten zillion posts not belonging to me; wish there were some way one could strictly view their own posts. for now i just end up unfollowing then re-adding them.

and if i got a dollar for everytime my scans have been reposted on tumblr(and everywhere else)without crediting back to tfs where they came from i'd be a millionaires. and often times there's no way to contact them so you're just left hanging. that totally blows.

it's a numbers world what can i say. just keep on doin what you're doin and the rest will follow.

How do you know that those are your scans?
Did you put there some kind of tag?
Because then it should be fine, people find you because of the tag

V.I.P.

http://demoncoeur.tumblr.com/ Mostly fashion/celebrity photography, gifs, inspiration and some personal life blah blah blah's.

26-04-2011
old-fashioned

Decided to make one yesterday... already following some of you.
http://sweet-nuthins.tumblr.com/

windowshopping

http://animpression.tumblr.com/

Have a look.

backstage pass

i was wondering if anyone knows how you can make one of the tumblr blogs take precedence over the other if you have two of them? its just every single time i log on, i am taken to the blog i barely use anymore. I know i can delete it but i feel kind of bad of just deleting the whole thing. i hope some of that made some sense

26-04-2011
tfs star

Jenna-maria, you mean use a watermark? they're ugly and nobody likes em. granted that would curb some of my whining all i'm aiming for is for my/other user's tfs scans to be linked or credited back to where the found it. apparently that's unreasonable/unrealistic.

couturecandystor, thanks for the time/sanity saving tip
!

26-04-2011
V.I.P.

ellastica
you really should put watermarks in the picture you own (even small watermarks, no matter if they look ugly, just put them).
because this is world wide web so if you post pictures here without watermarks prepare that people will use them without crediting. that sucks but it is true.
it would be easier to you to put some watermarks because then other people know those pictures are your pictures/you did upload them.

and there are other places to take pictures, not just tfs.

lately I have not found nice tumblr pages...they all are blogs that are full of hipster pictures and owner is 15 year old girl from australia who likes surfing

PrettySmileyStew ♥

for my newest tumblr, i use everything from noirfacade.
i also posted it in the 'biography' part that i take from there

27-04-2011
front row

here's mine:

tritemusings.tumblr.com

27-04-2011
windowshopping

http://merlomerlojohncage.tumblr.com

Ahahah the name is after the character of Ally McBeal, John Cage. Merlo is the word (translated in italian) he says randomly a lot after breaking up with his girlfriend

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
tumblr