How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

i deleted my personal tumblr and decided to start a different one.. i wasnt happy with the last one..
theres only a few posts because i have to leave in a few minutes for work. but i shall post a lot more tonight/tomorrow.

http://iwannabeyourobsession.tumblr.com/

29-04-2011
tfs star

I want to get an opinion from all you fellow tumblr users. Do you guys use tumblr for images? Have do you feel about a tumblr which text, like an actual blog? I have both, but don't want to maintain both at once and I am using tumblr way more.

30-04-2011
backstage pass

@Ives927, I naturally drawn towards image only, however I would also read text if it was of interest to me.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine View Post
http://demoncoeur.tumblr.com/ Mostly fashion/celebrity photography, gifs, inspiration and some personal life blah blah blah's.
I your tumblr!! The only thing I would recommend is an ''archive'' button so I could view all your posts together, whenever I want to look for a particular pic, unlike now when I have to go through the pages!

30-04-2011
®

so i just found out you can actually make two or more blogs per account, haha, i've been meaning to make a more personal one but i guess two blogs won't be that easy to maintain lol.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
ellastica
you really should put watermarks in the picture you own (even small watermarks, no matter if they look ugly, just put them).
because this is world wide web so if you post pictures here without watermarks prepare that people will use them without crediting. that sucks but it is true.
it would be easier to you to put some watermarks because then other people know those pictures are your pictures/you did upload them.

lately I have not found nice tumblr pages...they all are blogs that are full of hipster pictures and owner is 15 year old girl from australia who likes surfing
There ain't nothing wrong with being from Australia..:p But with regards to watermarking/credit. You really only own the picture if you took it/made it. Otherwise credit really should go to the original photographer/artist.
i.e if i scanned in a fashion ad and uploaded it, the credit would go to the photographer and or the magazine or fashion house it came from.

01-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lily Jo

There ain't nothing wrong with being from Australia..:p But with regards to watermarking/credit. You really only own the picture if you took it/made it. Otherwise credit really should go to the original photographer/artist.
i.e if i scanned in a fashion ad and uploaded it, the credit would go to the photographer and or the magazine or fashion house it came from.

I did not say there is something wrong being from Australia.

It just seem like every blog I see the owner is from Australia.
I know those credit things, world wide web is just so huuuuuuuuge place that original sources (in many cases) get lost.
For example, I rarely see in fashionphotograph that credit goes to photographer it is usually no credit or something like google or some blog that clearly do not own the picture (because the blogger is not high fashion photographer) but there is no credit put.
That is just the way it is.
It sucks.
So, that is why watermarks are great, you allways see the original source!
If some stupid people do not remove the watermark...

This is why I just very rarely put my pictures on internet.

Eh, my writing suck at the moment.
I am sorry if this text do not make any sense...

fashion insider

i think crediting the photog/zine/fashion whatever is a given and normally happens without a second thought if that info is given. however, not crediting the scanner is common and does a disservice to those who put the time, effort and money into doing so. this sentiment comes from experience and frustrations from using a pricey scanner with luke warm results.

for me scanning most of my mag pages involves:
-locating a given ed/ad etc (which in itself can be time consuming),
-tearing out the pages from old magazines, which i'd rather not but it makes for a fuller, cleaner image.
-scanning/cropping/editing colors tones etc using image editor programs (my scanner washes out details in skin tones/light images while also turning skin too orange). some of my favorite images i haven't bothered scanning for this reason.
-uploading and finding preferred image host with desired features( for me image size limit is important).
-transferring the uploaded images onto given forum and drum roll...
-giving proper credits which can be tricky esp with orphan pages from older vintage magazines...but we make it happen

there's a lot to be said and appreciated for the preservation of fashion images via scanners, the machines and the people. The Fashion Spot would not be nearly as interesting, dimensional, eclectic not to mention personal without magazines scans from much hearted magazine collections. in short crediting the scanner is not mandatory but much obliged .

02-05-2011
trendsetter

Yeah i guess you're right.I just try to credit every one i could possibly think of you know?

02-05-2011
we could have had it all

Crediting is usually hard, because 99% of the time, when you find a photo, the person who posted it is not the original source, and a) they don't provide the original source, or b) they don't know the original source, as they came across the photo in the same manner.

03-05-2011
V.I.P.

^
YES, that is what I mean but could not find word for it. English is not my mother language.

PrettySmileyStew ♥

changed my personal tumblr around a lot, name included.

http://peaceloveandprettythings.tumblr.com/

03-05-2011
trendsetter

I deleted the other 3 I had and now this is the only one I have.

http://angldior.tumblr.com/

03-05-2011
tfs star

so i've had my tumblr for over a year now and had just recently reopened it. like every blogger, i'm still trying to find an angle with my blog that sets it apart from other style/fashion blogs, but have yet to find/create something. right now i'm still experimenting with my writing style and format/themes, so it's a little rudimentary. please feel free to follow me (and i will to you) and your critique would be so greatly appreciated!

http://shoesandvirtues.tumblr.com/

backstage pass

^^I enjoyed reading your commentary on the Met Gala...following

Tags
tumblr