How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

Anyone else see Baptiste Giabiconi rocking the Edward Cullen look at the Chanel A/W '11 show?

08-03-2011
trendsetter

haha yeah ^ the huge sunglasses kinda ruined it for me though..

fashion icon

Dude, he looks like those Edward dolls.

nowfashion | forbiddenplanet

backstage pass

^

09-03-2011
tfs star

He does look like the doll

13-03-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

16-03-2011
V.I.P.

Baptiste is fiercer though. Werk it girl.

16-03-2011
V.I.P.

what? still no new stills? is anyone heading any marketing anymore on this or they spent all their money on a platform for Canada shot to hide it all (cus nobody knows what the 4th one is about DUH!)?

PrettySmileyStew ♥

well its not out til november, so there probably wont be any stills realeased until the second part is completed.

btw, when is that finished ?
it seems like they are doing everything but filming, ie rob doing leno & mtv and soon promo for WFE..

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

they're filming throughout the end of april (explains Rob doing all this promo, finishing this, then going onto Cosmopolis in like a week or something like that).

there should be a trailer out in like 3 months for the first one if we go by the previous ones...but by now we should've gotten at least one or two more stills- up until now we got the bed one and a picture of a sand (if i'm not mistaken). not much and in my opinion weird considering how Summit did the promotion in the past for these movies - aggressively.

V.I.P.

i think it's pretty obvious that they've changed the whole promotion
they probably want people to take the last two movies seriously, they have a great team of people and aren't as cheap as in the past. they probably realized that there was too much twilight in the press and when there's too much of something, people get sick and bored of it. so i bet they're trying to get people interested by waiting. we don't even get as many fan pictures from set and candids (no idea if that's only due to better security or declining interest by fans)
i'm just not sure if that's the right way for these movies. their fan base isn't the most loyal, little girls change their mind constantly.
i didn't expct IAN4 to be such a big flop, i thought that (and Alex Pettyfer) to turn into a fan-stealer. but even without that, from what i've seen (granted, i don't visit any fanpages) the interest in twilight on the net and in the press is constantly declining, so i feel like the "getting people interested by very little presence" isn't working here and they should always give the fans little bits every now and then.

PrettySmileyStew ♥

I didnt even know what IAN4 was until i saw a preview for it.
to be honest, i still dont know what its about or what it is

21-03-2011
V.I.P.

in short it's twilight with Aliens instead of vampires...

PrettySmileyStew ♥

oh.. maybe thats why it flopped
i hate alien movies

21-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
i think it's pretty obvious that they've changed the whole promotion
they probably want people to take the last two movies seriously, they have a great team of people and aren't as cheap as in the past. they probably realized that there was too much twilight in the press and when there's too much of something, people get sick and bored of it. so i bet they're trying to get people interested by waiting. we don't even get as many fan pictures from set and candids (no idea if that's only due to better security or declining interest by fans)
i'm just not sure if that's the right way for these movies. their fan base isn't the most loyal, little girls change their mind constantly.
i didn't expct IAN4 to be such a big flop, i thought that (and Alex Pettyfer) to turn into a fan-stealer. but even without that, from what i've seen (granted, i don't visit any fanpages) the interest in twilight on the net and in the press is constantly declining, so i feel like the "getting people interested by very little presence" isn't working here and they should always give the fans little bits every now and then.
i totally agree. i think they're def making a big mistake with this non-promotion - if anything they should've done it with the Eclipse (which was full on with promotion even without Rob participating), but not with the fourth part which even got the fanbase split on it (not to mention almost a whole year and half between the last one and the first part of BD). as you said, it's a teen movie, girls who were 14 at the time the first one came out will be 17/18/19 when the BD comes out (both parts) - girls/boys change their taste a lot in that period and Twilight isn't a classic movie/book that holds on and can attract whole spectre of ppl different ages as time passes - its a book that will be soon enough taken away its spot by another teen novel with enough cliches.

on the other hand this def works nicely for Rob (and Kristen a bit less) to get their own projects and the whole Edward/Bella persona put aside a bit.

btw, the whole secret set thing was "explained" in one of Rob's interviews lately - they have some kind of a stage in the middle of nowhere in Canada where they're apparently on a lock down and Summit hired lot more bodyguards for this one (and NOLA set situation was explained in Vogue article - confidentality agreements). tho, i doubt this would stop the Hards from getting into the set which apparently isn't happening so yeah..could be that the fan number is declining..

Last edited by dajrekshn; 21-03-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, movies, saga, twilight