How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2011
V.I.P.

The last movie did make less at the box office than the second one and it was released during the Summer...which is when movies technically do better.
With a, excuse me, lackluster series like Twilight, it's not going to hold fan interest for too long. There are new series constantly coming out that are similar and also better.

Right now, I think The Hunger Games is stealing Twilight's thunder. I'm a fan of that series and I've noticed that a lot of twilight fans seem to have jumped on the bandwagon and are now all about Peeta vs. Gale as opposed to Jacob vs. Edward.

22-03-2011
V.I.P.

I think you're right. It feels as if the Twilight hype is quitly losing their momentum. However, I've never read The Hunger Games. Any good or overrated?

22-03-2011
V.I.P.

they're pretty good, very bloody and violent. it's basically about kids having to kill each other. they're obviousl geared towards young readers, but the love-triangle is only a little part of the books and the main character can actually kick some *ss...although she can get quite whiny as well.
nice, quick reads

22-03-2011
V.I.P.

^"kids having to kill each other", like in Battle Royale?

*edit* nevermind, read the plot in wikipedia
sounds interesting, very much like japanese comic books and animation.

I think that fans will go to the cinema, regardless of the lack of promotion so far. They might not see it more that once but they´ll see it.
I believe Twilight was such a huge hit because of that, fans went 2 or 3 times (probably more) to the theatres. I went to see it the day following the premiere and there were girls who already seen it the day before.

Last edited by kokobombon; 22-03-2011 at 12:36 PM.
22-03-2011
V.I.P.

many say it's a little too close to BR...i haven't read the book(comic?) and only watched the beginning of the movie (or is that only a movie?), but yeah, the premise is pretty similar.
USA is only 13 (well 12 remaining) districts and a capitol and the capitol has these games once a year where a boy and a girl from each district have to go into an arena and only one can survive. his/hers district will get some extra food for a year until the next games and it's an event like big brother with cameras following the "tributes" everywhere.

even if you've watched/read BR i'd give the books a try, i read the first one in one day, couldn't put it down

22-03-2011
V.I.P.

Oh fans will definitely go see it. They're going to want to see Bella and Edward "get down."
So, the last two films will definitely make some money and may even break some more records.

As for The Hunger Games (why doesn't it have a thread?! It needs one asap), it's a great series. I wouldn't say it's geared towards kids at all. It's definitely more for young adults and older. I wouldn't let anyone under the age of 13 read those books. It took me awhile to get into them, because the writing is not the best (not as bad as twilight, but still sucky), but once you reach a certain point...you can't put them down. I read all three in about a week. I'm not familiar with Battle Royale, but there are strong connections with Lord of the Flies. The author was inspired by American Idol and the world's obsession with reality television.

22-03-2011
V.I.P.

^i only meant the geared toward kids part that the writing is very childish. and all of her inner thoughts are written out, which readers who are a little older already know from her actions...i sometimes wanted to fast forward. but the content isn't for kids at all, i agree

23-03-2011
fashion icon

IA. They better churn out the last two movies before the hype for Hunger Games starts. I wonder if Jennifer Lawrence and Alex Pettyfer (I'm still crossing my fingers for Hunter Parrish though) will be the next Stewart and Pattinson.

V.I.P.

The problem with Twilight is that it's over exposed. It's Summit's own fault really.

01-04-2011
fashion icon

So you guys, about these leaked videos eh? Pretty hot shiz.

tfs star

Hot thrusting action indeed

01-04-2011
fashion icon

Who in Summit is in charge of making sure things like this don't leak?

Cause this is simultaneously amazing and disastrous I love it.

V.I.P.

Really, good marketing. Sexing everybody up. Good move.

01-04-2011
fashion icon

I'm not above thinking that Summit leaked this themselves.
I mean, weren't we just talking about how publicity for the movie was going through a dry spell? And then all of a sudden, this sh!t explodes and everyone's all over it.
I'm reading comments from haters saying they might actually watch the movie just for the sexytiems.

tfs star

^ Personally I don't think they leaked it because it's too much. One of the pics have Stephanie Meyer's name on it so people believe that someone hacked into her computer because like how scripts are watermarked so are the dailies from films. And they are done digital now. Anyways the sh!t has hit the roof and people are really excited now.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, movies, saga, twilight