How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

i've started to watching, but i stopped, but i really should finish it.

it has an amazing, eerie, weird atmosphere, i loved it, so as the wonderful music.
such a special show.

31-07-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml2 View Post
I loved the music of this show
Yes it's amazing! David Lynch's website actually has a lot of the music on there available to stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniehall View Post
After 3 days I finished! OMG So good!
I finished watching the boxset of season 1 & 2 after not seeing it for many years. I think I had forgotten (or blotted out) just how bad a lot of season 2 was. After the murder is solved there is a real lull where the show completely lost any direction and they have this whole drugs subplot (with the cross-dressing David Duchovny). It only started to find its feet again towards the end by which time it was too late.

Too many new supporting characters too, many of whom are best forgotten. There's actually an interview with Mark Frost on the DVD where he talks about this very point (and it cuts to a shot of Dick Tremayne ). He acknowledges the mistakes and talks briefly about the direction they wanted it to take.

But I don't think David Lynch was one to be restricted by the demands of TV executives. He'd surely lost interest by that point.

27-02-2013
V.I.P.

Just watching it again now, since it's on Netflix - wow. Brings back a lot of memories!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
27-02-2013
backstage pass

I sometimes get David Lynch mixed up with David Cronenberg-- don't know why as their approach and styles are so different...

I remember watching a film called The Reflecting Skin a long long time ago that I always thought was a David Lynch film, and just found out now that it wasn't. Every surreal caper-noir type film that came out in the 90s seemed to be influenced by him, at least for me. I love how he was always able to create such a thick veil of genuine atmosphere in all his works, along with such a strong sense of high style. I have vague memories of seeing Blue Velvet with my Dad, Lost Highway and Wild At Heart with my friends when I was a teenager, and just recently having rewatched Dune, but I've never seen Twin Peaks-- either TV-series or film. Weird. Isn't Lana Del Ray's video for her cover of Blue Velvet a tribute to Twin Peaks?

I'd love to see a new David Lynch film costumed exclusively by Miuccia. These two really would compliment each other so well.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
peaks, twin