How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2011
backstage pass

the best player in the world, in the best team in the history of the game.
Man U had very little chance.
i think they played very well in the first 15-20 minutes of the game
but then Xavi and iniesta took control of the ball/game
and was Barça's game from then on.

what really irked me leading up to the game
was all this media attention on Chicarito
especially in the Hispanic Media FSC en español, and ESPND,
and your local spanish news.
even to the point of comparing him to Messi. O_o
just no comparison. maybe compare him to Pedrito
or Bojan, or Jeffren. but to Messi. WTF are they on.

would be great for Messi to win the World Cup,
but he has already done so much. AFA is not Barça, we know this.
but they have the potential to get close.
we will see this summer what they can do.

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien View Post
AFA is not Barça, we know this.
Messi is a great player when he´s playing with the best, with the best coach. Take that away from him and he´s only a really good player, imo.
That´s what bothers me about the constant comparison with Maradona... when Diego played in Napoli, it was a weak team among giants and yet he took them all the way to glory. Barcelona would be great without Messi, they have like half of players from the -world champions- national team.

30-05-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Messi is a great player when he´s playing with the best, with the best coach. Take that away from him and he´s only a really good player, imo.
That´s what bothers me about the constant comparison with Maradona... when Diego played in Napoli, it was a weak team among giants and yet he took them all the way to glory. Barcelona would be great without Messi, they have like half of players from the -world champions- national team.
Agreed a 100%, Maradonna the only player that could make a looser team into a winning team just by playing in it.

^^ About Chicharito, it´s not his fault, I don´t think any mexican player can live up to the hype that the mexican media creates around him (remeber that Televisa and Tv Azteca used him as a advertising tool every time he plays with his national team), they did the same with Gio Dos Santos (comparing him with Ronaldinho, and look where is he now), with Nery Castillo, Vela, Barrera, a...Guardado, etc. I think Hernandez was scared about the atmosphere of the game, and Man U, played scared overall.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I soooo agree with you!!!!!!! Maradona is waaaaay above Messi - until Messi can make a so-so team the best I´ll stick to my opinion

backstage pass

i think we have to take into account that Messi's career is not close to being over yet. he is what, 23.
yet at such a young age has won so much.

Diego was a phenom as a player,
but he peaked and became a god of fútbol at Napoli,
and won all the accolades he is now know for in his late 20s

unfortunately for Diego,
his talent in fútbol has not followed him in the managerial role.
WTF was he thinking with that line up against Germany.

how can you take someone like Messi and make him not work.
Diego did. Messi was but a shadow of himself, not only him, but the other players as well. Look at what Pep has done with Mascherano. WOW.
he is a beast now. who is to blame there. Maradona for not being able to arrange his squad properly, or Messi, for playing the way his coach asked him to.

I think with the up and coming players and a new coach, Argentina will be much stronger this time around. I'm looking at Ever Banega and Javier Pastore to play that dagger ball to Messi, to control the midfield, to run the plays. Argentina 2014 World Cup champs, in BRAZIL, how sick would that be.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
champions, league, uefa