How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-06-2012
backstage pass

although i agree about the hating,

it is still not the same team.

even the great Xavi is not playing at the same level.
he has been off.

no villa. torres is MIA on the field.
silva seems too tired from the long EPL season.
no puyol. Pique has had an off season.
slow paced and some bad decisions.
ramos cut off his hair.

iniesta is still class to watch.
iker still has the holy gloves on. saint iker indeed.

the style may be the same, more or less.
but the finishing touch is not there. no one is scoring.

so that is the difference between Euro 2008, the spain that won the world cup in 2010, and the team that will have a tough time beating germany.

the germans are the favorites to win the Eurocup 2012, IMO.

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
^Filipe you wish! Italy will not win against Germany and Germany won't win against Spain!
_
as to the penalty decision to have Ronaldo take the last free kick and Cesc asking to take the last one....:

guardian.co.uk
I don't like Ronaldo but karma for him for supporting Spain
Posted via Mobile Device

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

Off to bed for a quick nap, I hope by the time I turn on my tv , there will be a fierce match
Posted via Mobile Device

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

I have a hard time agreeing with the fact that the spanish game is boring. For me, football games are sometimes comparable to a chess game, it's all about making the right moves. It's a bit like saying films with not a lot of action are boring, without paying attention to the quality of the script and all. I am all for quality, and it seems like Spain's slow and stategic prudence has paid off well. All they miss is a striker such as David Villa to get a high score.
Posted via Mobile Device

28-06-2012
fashion icon

^ Yes! The main objective of the game is to win and if you can put on a good show while doing so that's great, but I don't think many teams care so much if they are entertaining as long as they get the outcome they want. Spain concentrates on maintaining possession of the ball and it's what has worked for them all these years. I'll take a 'boring' team who wins over an exciting team who loses any day.

28-06-2012
fashion insider

Is it just me or was the ref on a yellow-carding spree?!

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post
No worries, either Germany or Italy will win the final...

NO :p

28-06-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanna View Post
To all the spanish haters only remind you that we are world champions and for the time begin in Europe too.
I don' know why Spanish people and media over here think that others "hate" Spain - you only have to read and listen to the radio and watch TV here and you feel like the Spanish football team is a big victim fighting against all odds. Come on, they are world champions and european champions so of course everyone wants to win against them but that is not hating them!

Quote:
With this crisis, spanish people are very pleased by the sport, which brings us at least these happiness! We don't believe in our politicians but much in the quality of our athletes. Next Sunday we can become the first team in history to win two consecutive European Championships and a World Cup.
ohhh well, that's exactly what Rajoy and the other thieves want Spanish people to work like: enjoy the football and as long as Spain win, make them believe it's all that matters and happiness is the greatest when you win in football. Just like Rajoy said to DelBosque: You have to win for the people, for Spain and for us! - à la: Bread and circuses - and it seems to work unfortunately

28-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
^ Yes! The main objective of the game is to win and if you can put on a good show while doing so that's great, but I don't think many teams care so much if they are entertaining as long as they get the outcome they want. Spain concentrates on maintaining possession of the ball and it's what has worked for them all these years. I'll take a 'boring' team who wins over an exciting team who loses any day.
Exactly the opposite for me.

Btw. this is Italy this evening:

And this is Germany:

:p

Good luck!

Last edited by Islandili; 28-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.

28-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
With this crisis, spanish people are very pleased by the sport, which brings us at least these happiness! We don't believe in our politicians but much in the quality of our athletes. Next Sunday we can become the first team in history to win two consecutive European Championships and a World Cup. VAMOS ESPAÑA !!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
ohhh well, that's exactly what Rajoy and the other thieves want Spanish people to work like: enjoy the football and as long as Spain win, make them believe it's all that matters and happiness is the greatest when you win in football. Just like Rajoy said to DelBosque: You have to win for the people, for Spain and for us! - à la: Bread and circuses - and it seems to work unfortunately
I think the Spanish are taking this a little too seriously (but considering everything I don't blame them).
Can someone please explain what is happening here?

Last edited by Islandili; 28-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

he is saying that he had cry before when spain was the underdog,n one of the worse and now that they are on Top ppl just talk to much n pretty much that they deserve where they are. the second part i really dont get it. something to do with Spain-Portugal,Christiano has something to do with it i really dont get it sorry i bit confusing -__-

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

So excited for tonight match!
Pretty sure Germany is gonna win anyway...but well you never know

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

Islandili: Apparently people call him portuguese because he defends Ronaldo. That people are trying to put everyone against each other: Spain against Ronaldo even though he plays in RM, the clubs against each other even though the national team has great players from different clubs, Spain & Portugal against each ther even though they´re neighbouring countries.

Last edited by kokobombon; 28-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.

28-06-2012
fashion icon

He talk about bad people say "you aren't spainish", "you go to portugal" and "you go cristiano",
He crying explain the emotions remembering all of the years spain lost as people laugh and talk the Spain like a "ugly duck" or "fourth world". The honor look this team the football player and when arrive right now (with so effort). The relation with Portugal like a brothers and neighbors.

Last edited by dicky.89; 28-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.

28-06-2012
fashion elite

this Roncero-guy crying is one of the worst hateful and unfair "pseudo-journalist" there is in sports in Spain - terrible person always trying to cause hate and division and problems in Spain especially between Madrid and Barca and now he is pretending to be for brotherly love between Spain and Portugal - I have no words.

anyway: very excited for the match tonight! I hope the German team will give a positive display showing their strength and beating the Italians without troubles

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, euro, uefa