How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

^they're really really amazing, love how they're fighting, many teams would just give up after 2 goals from the other team

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

even to a complete football amateur observer like me ...what in the world is Ned doing? they seem completely and utterly lost with some serious issues between them.

Germany is routinely winning this with full right.

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

^i'm not completely convinced by the German team yet...they still need to improve vastly to go far in the tournament

so glad we won tonight, though

13-06-2012
V.I.P.

I want to congratulate the Germans.
Unlike a couple day's ago when we deserved to win, today we were beaten by the better team and we deserved to lose.
It was sad from the Dutch side.
The problem with the Neths are that they have to much ego and the problem is Van Marwijk himself. The tactics is just wrong (COME BACK HIDDINK!!!!), also the defence, we have some potential good defenders in a few years but they are now to young and to unexperienced.

However, the Germans were better today and did a amazing job around the tactics. To many Dutch didn't got their own niveau, only in the 70th minute, we saw the class of a player like van Persie. It was to little and to late.
Congrats Germany, you deserved to win. Now please win from Denmark, then we still have a shot.

Sorry, but i was glad Portugal won today. I have respect for the Danish but they are just not that good as the Germans, Portugal and yes also the Neths. It also was better for the Neths cause otherwise we were already out. Now we have a little chance..

Last edited by Forrest; 13-06-2012 at 03:48 PM.

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

Whats up with Netherlands, I remember theyre a great team and all, guess its just a bad luck too, it surely plays a role no matter how good you are.

Not happy about Poland being SO aggressive and disrespectful towards other fans. Pity. Ukraine does a better job of being a hosting country.

Denmark was amazing, love them.

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
^i'm not completely convinced by the German team yet...they still need to improve vastly to go far in the tournament

so glad we won tonight, though
tbh, i'm convinced Germany's playing just enough to win, nothing more or less saving their strength for the future matches. they're def one of the favourites.

can anyone tell me why Robben got out of the field the way he did? i found it so disrespectful. it seemed like there's something seriously lacking between the players themselves, like they're pissed at each other or something? such a shame for a great team.

anyhow, onto today...please please let the miracle happen and croatia wins against italy today!

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

^Robben did that to save time. So he quickly made space for Kuijt and we could continue the game. if he had to go to the other field, seconds would pass by and not in our favor.
So for Holland it was a good thing he did!!

But you're at one point right, there are to many ego's and they all think that they should play. They are not really pissed at each other, but offened if they are out of the selection. It's really sad. Cause if you look at Germany who got for every position 3 great players but only one can play, they accept that and play as a team.

Holland got some of the best players in the world (van Persie (topscorer Premier League), Robben, Huntelaar (topscorer Bundesliga) Sneijder), but not the best team. Last WC we operate as a team, now as individuals.
And JuliaX you're also right, we haven't had any good luck!

Germany will be the world champion.

14-06-2012
backstage pass

I love my Italian neighbours , but today they're going down!!! :p

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

wow! that was close. italy was great in the first half, they played the second half securing the result and it came back like a bumerang!

good for croatia! :yay:

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

Yes agreed. Italy was great the first half, but the second Croatia played way better then first half
It's not good for my poule though, i had 1-0 Italy. But Croatia deserved a point at least baised on the second half.

Spain already 1-0.

14-06-2012
V.I.P.

Italy has surprised me. The results aren't that great, but their playing looks great. Pirlo is such a key player, love him.

I have a feeling we will see more goals than only this one in ESP-IRL...

14-06-2012
tfs star

If Cassano is off, Italy is off.
There's no other player that has the magic that he does. Sure Pirlo scored, but FantAntonio created at least 3 clear chances for a goal, and neither Ballotelli or Marchisio scored.
Prandelli messed up with the subs, and Emanuele Giaccherini still doesn't convince me.

14-06-2012
backstage pass

I love these Irish people, they cheer even in the toughest times!

14-06-2012
backstage pass

forum.hr

14-06-2012
fashion icon

So happy Fernando Torres scored!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, euro, uefa