How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

i better not say anything. disgusting, disgusting.

also, i'm hearin interesting calls were also given in the other game (against ireland).

croatia can be proud of their game. heads high.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 18-06-2012 at 03:44 PM.

18-06-2012
tfs star

Great game by Italy, but they fade at the second half, if it wasn't because Ireland is so poor and the subs.
The comments of Sara Carbonero.

18-06-2012
fashion icon

^ What did she say?? I'm glad Spain won today!!

18-06-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
^ What did she say?? I'm glad Spain won today!!
In the last game against Ireland, she in her attempt to give signs of life, because let's be honest she really can't give much insight or thoughtful comments on footbal, she said: "The pitch is wet, you can tell by the mood in the seats". She quickly became a TT.

Because she does the post game interviews, she always talks to the spanish scorer, in the first game when Cesc scored she said something like this: "Congratulations for the goal and the trust of Del Bosque, nobody saw that coming". The face of Cesc. And although she was right, it wasn't the best way to put it out. Specially since Del Bosque then changed for the next game and started Torres.

I can't translate the jokes from twitter because they lost their original meaning.

19-06-2012
backstage pass

Everything in yesterdays game was regular EXCEPT (!)

forum.hr

No way for Casillas to defend this. A clear penalty and 1:1 would take Croatia to the quarterfinals.

19-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birkin View Post
all they have to do is put some pressure on Iniesta like italians did and everything will be easier
I guess we took this advice seriously.

neogaf.com

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

^^ indeed.
it's just like the neth, if we had that penalty against denmark then it would be all different. but it's not. Even 5 referees can't see that there must be a penalty given. Bu croatia also. Sad, but it comes from humans, if there were electronics like they have at hockey games, it would be less.

19-06-2012
tfs star

Yeah sure, Blatter and Platini, the 5th and 6th ref don't miss a thing.

Source: @jasondevos

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

i'm suffering with the Ukrainians, so many bad calls from the ref(s), it's frustrating

19-06-2012
fashion insider

I can't believe they didn't notice that the ball crossed the line!!! The ref and officials were useless in the England V Ukraine game.
Posted via Mobile Device

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

that ref is apparently the best of the bunch and is considered for the final game. go UEFA!
am i wrong or there still hasn't been a penalty called on this euro? i've read that the refs were given advice to have those as little as possible, seems they took it literally.

19-06-2012
backstage pass

^ There was a PK in the first game. The Polish GK tripped a Greek striker and, being the last man back, he was ejected for it. The new GK had to come on and face an immediate PK. The kick was poorly struck so he saved it.

Ukraine got some bad calls (the one over the goal line being one) but the beginning of that play was offside (another missed call ) so it's good in the end that the goal didn't count. But it's still incredible that the ref placed just feet from the goal line for the express purpose of making the goal line calls missed the call entirely.

I'm happy for England but Ukraine played their heart out and deserved better.

That Ibrahimovic goal from the other match was INSANE.

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

thanks, H! i totally missed/forgot that penalty in the first game.

Ibrahimović's goal goes hand in hand or should i say leg in leg with Balotelli's last night.

19-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
I can't believe they didn't notice that the ball crossed the line!!! The ref and officials were useless in the England V Ukraine game.
Posted via Mobile Device
Although i'm an England fan it sucks when an obvious goal isn't given I feel sorry for the Ukrainians .

I'm still pissed that Lampard's goal vs Germany in the World Cup wasn't given even though it was miles over the line . Goal line technology needs to be used ASAP to prevent unnecessary heartache.

England played crappy tonight but as usual Gerrard was immense his reaction when the final whistle blew was priceless - so passionate, a true leader!

tumblr.com/tribunselsevda & amistoso

Last edited by funkystar; 19-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.

20-06-2012
fashion elite

I hate the Fifa and Uefa! Now I understand why the referees never seem to act in favour fairly for the little ones in this tournament - I do love football but unfortunately I seem to see the economic greed and interest more and more in this tournament - Germany and Spain are most probably the biggest "fan markets" in numbers and interest in this EM and strangely smaller ones like Denmark or Croatia were not given penalities. Now I do not want to start to see conspiracy theories starting but it might be simply the "economy"...

Platini hopes for Germany-Spain final at Euro 2012

Quote:
"I would like the final to be between Germany and Spain," Platini told reporters at a press conference in Warsaw.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/...l-at-euro-2012

Let's hope the next games will be fair and the referees will do their jobs without thinking about what Platini wants

Last edited by jomarlushka; 20-06-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, euro, uefa