How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
I started playing Final Fantasy X again last night. It's a near perfect example of how to make a turn based RPG fighting system work and it's quite fun to play, but the story is a nonsensical plate of crap and Tidus is the most loathsome protagonist ever in the history of gaming.
It is a japanese game after all, and Sakaguchi always tried to make you cry with FF.
If you want an uncharismatic-semi protagonist, I recommend FF XII (a great game that is very underrated, mainly because it was release when the PS3 was about to come. But it's a hell of a game, with incredible graphics (for PS2).
The problem with FF XII, it's the music (tedious), and that the charachters have no soul, they are very unrelatable.
I still haven't finished it, still leveling to Lv. 99 and looking for the damn Zodiac Spear with a bug.
In the meanwhile, Im still playing Madden NFL 2012 for PS2.

06-08-2012
V.I.P.

I finished playing dead island (ps3) a few wks ago. such a fun game. I am playing skyrim at the moment. absolutely love it. I dont want it to end

Another game i absolutely love is Bioshock 1 and 2.. I cant wait for Infinite to come out!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by japoelflaco View Post
It is a japanese game after all, and Sakaguchi always tried to make you cry with FF.
If you want an uncharismatic-semi protagonist, I recommend FF XII (a great game that is very underrated, mainly because it was release when the PS3 was about to come. But it's a hell of a game, with incredible graphics (for PS2).
The problem with FF XII, it's the music (tedious), and that the charachters have no soul, they are very unrelatable.
I still haven't finished it, still leveling to Lv. 99 and looking for the damn Zodiac Spear with a bug.
In the meanwhile, Im still playing Madden NFL 2012 for PS2.
I put about 120 hours in to FFXII when it released. It's an excellent game with an extremely good combat system, a very cool art style and aesthetic, a varied and interesting world, and a massive amount of stuff to do outside of the main story. While the general idea of the main story is very unoriginal, it is engaging and very different from the typical 'kids save the world' J-RPG story that one usually finds in Final Fantasy. I agree with you very much on the music and characters. Final Fantasy's music is one of the best parts of the series; I could remember almost every song from FFX years after the last time I played it; but FFXII has very uninspired and generic sounding music that could be from any game. The characters are... barely characters at all. Vaan, Fran, and Penelo are completely unnecessary; Vaan's purpose would seem to be to have someone from whose point of view the story can be told, but he doesn't need to be there. Ashe is a more logical main character on all accounts. I even read that Basch was originally intended to be the main character, but Square-Enix changed it to Vaan to relate better to the target demographic. At least the game more or less ignores Vaan and focuses on Ashe, like it should. It's not that vital though, because FFXII is more of a story driven game than a character driven game, which is fine with me. Despite it's handful of flaws, FFXII is indeed a magnificent game that is far superior to FFX. It's also better than FFXIII, but don't get me started on the utter travesty and betrayal that is that game.

I'm not getting Madden this year. Evil Arts does absolutely NOTHING to advance the franchise. They're content to sit with their little monopoly and crap out nearly identical games year after year because they'll rake in massive sacks of money whether they improve it or not. I've finally had enough with it.

If anyone needs advice on Skyrim, feel free to ask. I did most of what can be done in the game, plus I own a strategy guide. Here's a tip that really helped me out. The forging skill increases at the same rate no matter whether you're making high level armor that needs lots of parts or iron daggers. So here's what you can do; get a decent amount of money, and go from city to city buying all of the iron ingots and leather strips. Then, forge as many iron daggers as you possibly can. Each one only requires one iron ingot and one leather strip, so they are very easy and cost effective to make. Then, sell the daggers to get money to buy more iron ingots and leather strips. Repeat until you max out your forging skill. You may have to stop to go get more money at some point, but if you have the time, you can probably get this done with little difficulty. It's tedious and it will take several hours, but it makes things much easier. This is also a good time to level up your enchanting skill because you'll have dozens and dozens of daggers on hand to enchant, so stocking up on low level soul gems beforehand might also be a wise idea.

V.I.P.

I give in, I'm gonna reinstall Skyrim and start over. I have most of my mods saved to CD-Rs, so it won't be that bad lol. :p

I think I'll start another Bosmer or maybe an Imperial like I had in Oblivion...

you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndfrag View Post
Have you played Skyim yet? Really good game if you're into RPGs!
I actually haven't played Skyrim yet. I'm not sure if I'd really like it or not though.

I tried to give Fallout: New Vegas another go over the past few weeks, but I always give up before I choose which "side" to be on for the last missions of the game. It's quite out of character for me not to complete a game, because I am addicted to getting those meaningless achievements.

08-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ i thought that i wouldnt like skyrim when i looked at it in the game store, but i was wrong. its a really good game.

I havnt played fallout new vegas even though i have it. is it good? Ive only played the first fall out which i loved.

you soft and only

^ Honestly, it's not bad, but I think I fail at playing RPGs because I never want to make the "wrong" choice, so I just give up. I did like Fallout 3 though.

I do kind of like more sandbox/linear stories. I'm waiting patiently for more news about GTAV.

08-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ hahaa i know what you mean! in skyrim i was so confused as to which side i wanted to join! i even went online to google what was better and couldnt make up my mind! lol

Fall out 3 was good. Have you played Bio Shock at all?

front row

^That's the idea of Skyrim; there is no wrong or right choice. It's not like a game like Mass Effect that has some BS morality system to help determine what choice to make; whether something is right or wrong is completely up to the player.

you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza View Post
Have you played Bio Shock at all?
I have! And I enjoyed them both, even though the 2nd one wasn't the best game ever. It was still enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to Bioshock Infinite!! I just wish it wasn't pushed back though.

The only game that's coming out soon that I'm sort of curious about is Assassin's Creed 3, but I don't know if I'll like the American Revolution as much as I did Renaissance Italy/Turkey. I just like that historical period better. I'm also looking forward to Dead Space 3.

I seriously have the most mainstream taste in video games, I am so not "hardcore"

Anyway, what games are you guys looking forward to?

08-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ I am really looking forward to getting Bioshock infinite too!! here in Australia it comes out maybe beginning of next year

I havnt really looked at any other games. I need to start looking haha

tfs star

Anybody interested in the "new" PS3 Super Slim?
Quote:
Update: The slimmer 250GB PS3 model (in black) will be available in the U.S. on September 25 for $269, bundled with the "Game of the Year" edition of Uncharted 3 and a voucher for $30 worth of content in the free-to-play shooter Dust 514, according to the PlayStation Blog. A non-bundled version of the new 250GB console will be priced at $249 eventually; however, a Sony press release notes that only bundles "will become available at launch timing."

The 500GB model will launch for $299 on October 30. The blog also revealed a special, limited edition Assassin's Creed 3 bundle was in the works, but did not announce price. In a press release, Sony noted that Japan will get the white model and that "other regions and countries will follow."
I want one, I had the original, the one you could heat your pizza off.
But then I sold it to my cousin and was left only with the PS2. I want this one (the 500GB of course), and it's pretty cheap IMO.

Source: joystiq.com

V.I.P.

Everyone anticipating Bioshock Infinite and the new Assassin's Creed might look into Dishonored. It seems promising in that same historical-fiction way.

29-09-2012
Mr. Magic

Resident Evil 6 is released today!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

29-09-2012
V.I.P.

I can't wait for the new GTA, but I'm regretting the fact that I sold my Xbox on eBay because I don't think my pc will be beefy enough to run it good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
games, video