How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-11-2012
Stitch:the Hand

^no daryl did end up finding carol on last night's episode...toward the end....she was stuck in that closet that was being held shut by a dead(if that's not an oxymoron!)walker. not sure why she didn't actually make her voice heard when they did that corridor sweep earlier,since she was making some noises with the door,but alas,they found her.

20-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelscatchfire View Post
Oh and the phone call..that cannot be Lori, I'm thinking it came from the compound..unless there is another group out there.
I think the phone call was in Rick´s head, his way of coping with Lori´s death and the fact that the world´s gone to sh!t. It´s the first time that he´s shown symptoms of breaking down, I think... more or less everyone else has gone a little mental at some point

21-11-2012
V.I.P.

^ yea after thinking about it, I think your right. I hope he doesn't go to far off the deep end, Rick keeps everyone together.

21-11-2012
V.I.P.

^I think the moment he hold the baby he got a grip on himself

21-11-2012
V.I.P.

^ thanks, I must have missed that part. Maybe I shouldn't work out while watching the show..

21-11-2012
backstage pass

This season is getting really good! I'm glad Daryl found Carol, I was wondering why they just brushed over her 'death' like that without seeing the actual body.

Rick's storyline is really interesting, I hope he pulls himself together & gets stronger. Carl is so strong, it's pretty crazy how calm he is about it all, but I guess he's already seen/been through so much.

Andrea annoys me so much.

V.I.P.

I guess Andrea annoys everybody! I cringe even when she walks

27-11-2012
backstage pass

Glenn is becoming a full-on action hero in this episode: Bound to a chair and still able to throw down! That was very entertaining. But that's about it; the story is getting tiresome and has definitely lost the momentum since episode 3, for me.

Michonne still annoys with her perma-scowling, bravado and sense of entitlement. Why do our heroes trust her unquestionably, when she doesn't even want to talk. And for all they know, is responsible for Glenn and Maggie's capture, and could be leading them into a trap? I suppose for the convenience of moving the plot along briskly, they just have to trust her... Whatever, she's still a cartoon-character. If they wanted a well-rounded, amazing and complex female character that can also fight, they should take note from 28 Days Later's Selena. And those Walking Dead were truly ferocious, creepy and mean-- unlike the shuffling ones here. I guess I'm just quickly so over this show.

Andrea's never quite annoyed me the way she has apparently annoyed many fans. She was a lawyer, so I can understand her arrogance and attitude at times, but she's also a fighter, and can take care of herself. She's more real to me than Michonne, who comes across more smug with her "I never asked for any help".

But, I love how some of the denizens of Woodbury are so utterly clueless and oblivious to the apocalypse just outside their very loose gate. They're strolling around, planting flowers and standing around in small groups chatting. Shouldn't they be busy doing more important things, like tend to any vulnerable openings, gaps; growing edible food instead of flowers; sharpening their survival skills, etc?

28-11-2012

i dunno to me it's not so much andrea's attitude necessarily it's her whole plotline....it's just so friggin tedious to me. seems to me she's there more to support these stronger characters and stronger stories. it happened when on the farm,it happened when she was with michonne and now it's happening again with this,how michonne put it,jim jones wannabe. maybe it will change with the dynamics about to occur in the mid-season finale and premier next year,as the group discovers this apocalyptic mayberry? but even glenn's character has become a little more interesting as the seasons rolled onward....before the farm i found him to be totally useless.

29-11-2012
V.I.P.

my problem with Andrea is that she' s a cliche of society' s negative connotations of a woman owning her own sexuality. she comes of as "slutty" though I' m sure that' s not the writers' intention...

30-11-2012
backstage pass

I haven't seen Season 1, and started with Season 3. Then went back and watched Season 2. Andrea was angry and very emotional from my first impression. She was also arrogant, a jerk, but also playful and passionate. And she wasn't helpless and wanted to learn how to protect and arm herself. And she was sexual; I don't think she's "slutty"-- she's not hitting on every guy, she only had sex with 2 men so far. I'd be going at it more than that, since you just don't know if you'll live to see another day. Good for her for still having a libido in a zombie apocalypse. She's real to me. I'd rather hang out with her than with... Michonne, whom the show is setting up to be Daryl Version 2.0: Misfit, loner but lethal fighter who will open up to our heroes in time and be a loyal BFF to the group. Seems redundant, and a complete movie/TV cliche.

03-12-2012
backstage pass

So...

That was a mildly interesting semi-season finale. Glenn is unstoppable!

Seeing as how the show seems to kill off one black character just as another one is introduced (Oscar being replaced by the leader of the new group); Please, please please kill off Michonne now that there is another black woman-- who seems so much. much more interesting already than Michonne the moody glowering cartoon ninja. She is unbearable. The fan community seems to let her antics slide because she's a stealth ninja with superpowers, while they crucify Andrea just for breathing the wrong way. The bias is incredible. Why did Michonne not reveal anything to Andrea when they were silently staring each other done for an hour? She couldn't let Andrea know that the Governor tried to murder her? That Maggie and Glenn are here? Not even a quick "Look at what your psycho boyfriend is into-- zombie heads and zombie daughter chained up!" Nothing? And couldn't she tell that the girl was a zombie? Don't they smell of rotting flesh? I don't even mind that tiny Michonne was able to fight bare-hands with the towering Governor, but her character is so weak and poorly written she's insufferable.

Fans of the show seem to really love Michonne, for whatever reason, so defend her inconsistencies, selfishness, contrivances and overall lack of consideration for others. Unfortunately, that also means she won't be killed off anytime soon, if at all. Whenever she's onscreen, I just imagine it's a fantasy-comic sequence, makes her a bit more tolerable. Still want her gone though.

The Woodbury citizens are a bunch of schizo maniacs: By day, they're mild-mannered and having picnics looking like a Sears ad, but when night falls, they're turned into a pitchfork and torch wielding, fist-pumping, trailer-trash mob thirsting for zombie-fights and human blood, as shown in the very last scene. My God, these people need to be mowed over with a zombie stampede asap.

I can't help but see that Prada campaign he was in whenever I see Daryl-- he still has the same hair...

05-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ yes! that was such a missed opportunity with Michonne and Andrea, she could have told her anything! They seemed to be staring forever, she could have made an effort..

I guess I'm not the only one who realized their pattern..
Although the newcomers may be interesting. And how did Rick miss the giant hole in the prison..where the new group came through?

I do remember Norman's modeling days when I watch the show too!

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 05-12-2012 at 10:00 PM.
06-12-2012

i get the impression that the creators and writers on the show are trying to let andrea discover aspects about this creep and this world this guy has built,on her own and i think that's probably why michonne didn't divulge everything. i actually feel like now despite some disdain,they're trying to build andrea's character more and maybe she starts to become more of a central player in this remaining season and what's to come next season. i mean she is the connection between the group,especially with darryl being captured now,and this dictator. i mean she's already been shown the heads and the walker daughter....it all seems like its starting to fall into place.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

My problem with that scene is -beside the silly staring and Michonne staying silent- is that Andrea pointed a gun at her, protecting the governor... Michonne helped her and didn´t leave her behind when she was sick, Andrea could have given her the benefit of the doubt and trust that she was kicking his a$$/about to kill him for a reason.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, walking