How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2012
Stitch:the Hand

that's true but as we've all seen since she appeared,andrea has never been that sort of loyalist no matter how much anybody has done for her. she always has her own agenda and might i say quite inconsiderate of those who have helped her. remember the way she treated dale?

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

^yeah, that´s another reason why I don´t like her...
imo the show doesn´t have one all around strong female character, maybe Maggie...? she´s loyal, brave and caring.

06-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
My problem with that scene is -beside the silly staring and Michonne staying silent- is that Andrea pointed a gun at her, protecting the governor... Michonne helped her and didn´t leave her behind when she was sick, Andrea could have given her the benefit of the doubt and trust that she was kicking his a$$/about to kill him for a reason.
Why would Andrea just trust that Michonne had a "good" reason to kill her man????? He's only treated her kindly, so why would she not defend him when she sees her ex-friend about to slice him in half? Andrea does not know how evil and messed up this man is; she doesn't see what us viewers see, and the fact that Michonne never reveals anything to Andrea-- not of her suspicion that the man murdered the Coast Guards, that he sent a team to murder Michonne. That's extremely sloppy, poor writing and character development for Michonne.

heelsonfire: I think the fact that it's revealed to us viewers that there's a huge gapping hole in the rear of the prison may be foreshadowing of things to come-- for better or for worse. Rick and his team obviously haven't discovered it yet, and that exposed threat is for us to know and anticipate. That is good writing, whereas the Michonne never revealing very important information other characters so that they may discover it for themselves is poor and extremely sloppy writing.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

^for what´s been hinted and actually shown, Michonne has been nothing but kind to Andrea and the governor has already revealed to her his not so "kind" side (the "zombie fights" are quite twisted). Is Michonne her ex-friend just because she chose to leave? like I said, Andrea is such a cliche... a woman choosing a man she hardly knows only because she´s sleeping with him, that sorta thing...

06-12-2012
backstage pass

I get a very different vibe from Michonne towards Andrea. A more creepy, possessive/obsessive vibe. Michonne's plan to find some place-- an island oasis somewhere for the two of them-- it's all a bit too possessive and hinting at a relationship that's more intimate for Michonne, to me anyways. Michonne comes off as the scorned lover.

As for Andrea's less than loyal behavior towards Michonne: If I were around such a sourpuss, despite her loyalty, I'd be put off as well. Michonne wants it her way, but never explains why; Why should Andrea leave with her, just because she's not feeling Woodbury? If she had revealed to Andrea that she highly suspects the Governor had murdered the Coast Guards becasue she saw bulletholes and fresh bloodstains, that would be nice for a start... She only insists Andrea has to trust her.

And in Andrea's defense, she's been ill and on the run for almost a year, in the company of only Michonne. She comes into what must seem like a paradise, with people, food and warmth. That's a way of life she thought was gone, and Michonne insists they leave it and continue running-- doesn't really tell her why. I don't think Andrea's an awful person to want to stay-- she doesn't know how messed up the place and its people are, and glowering silent ninja tells her absolutely nothing. I'd stay too.

06-12-2012
V.I.P.

^yes, in Andrea´s defense I don´t hold it against her that she wanted to stay.

11-12-2012
Fashion Designer

The thing with Andrea, I think, is that she's always tring to fit in and doesn't really see the big picture. Like when she was trying to be one of the boys and she paired with Shane, then she was with Michonne and now she's with the Governor...I don't condemn she wanted to stay, but she changes teams very easily.

12-02-2013
backstage pass

Is anyone still in? I'm losing interest fast...

The only intense moment was Merle taunting Michonne about her feelings towards Andrea... And for once, I'm feeling for this woman; she's vulnerable, scared, lonely and desperate to belong. Hopefully there will be more of this Michonne because I like this side of her. And hopefully Merle will still be around because he's a rush.

The only funny moment was what the Governor did to that man that was bitten-- and I don't think it was meant to be funny...?

Everything and everyone else were a bore.

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

After like two months of hiatus it was a very slow episode...

13-02-2013

maybe there's a reason why they used this episode as the mid-season premiere to gear is all up for what's to come in the next 7. i didn't think it was a bore though. i thought the episode was one of enlightenment. as you mentioned phuel,michonne is finally looking more vulnerable,perhaps even weak. andrea possibly realising now that her devotion and loyalty to the governor may have not been the best choice seeing what he did to her friends and to the people of that town. and of course the ghost of lori suddenly haunting rick at the end.....

Last edited by Scott; 13-02-2013 at 09:35 AM.
13-02-2013
backstage pass

Oh yay, you guys are still watching.

I started to watch this show Season 3 when the gang was finding their way to the prison; it was a good combination of clever action and smart dialogue-- which was great for a zombie-apocalypse genre series. Too bad the momentum has halted.

I'm not to keen on the waxing philosophy or enlightenment bit; this is a zombie apocalypse-- not the Tree of Life. Maybe I'm just tired of Rick's psychotic-breakdowns and his passive wallpaper family. I'd rather see Daryl, Merle and now Michonne dominate the show at this point. And Woodbury needs to burn to the ground; those citizens are the most bi-polar and looniest bunch; by day, they're pampered and throwing temper-tandrums and can't band together to take zombies down, by night, they're bloodlusting for death matches with the living.

On a more positive note, Sasha and Tyrese look like they're the ones that will keep me around; Please don't kill them off-- nor Michonne-- now that she's allowed to be a little more human. Please let the show have room for more than one token black character at a time.

13-02-2013

but that is part of what the show is about too that human element of surviving a world like this. trust and distrust in the unknown humans is part of the nucleus. the hallucinations are little off-course i will agree,but remember rick is very much the protagonist of this whole narrative so of course they're going go deeper with his character. maybe it's meant to pave the way for something else?

btw,i wanted to add about andrea....after my feelings about her earlier,i feel like her role is about to change and for the positive.

14-02-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The scene between Daryl and Rick wasn't nearly as fraught with emotion as I felt like it should be...

backstage pass

I don't like Rick. He was at least bearable while Shane was around so I could keep hating on Shane, but now... and the whole psychotic breakdown storyline seems really forced to me where Rick is concerned. I don't see how they won't impeach him as leader now that he's so obviously unstable. I hope Daryl comes back and takes over - now that would be the day.

I used to like Andrea before her sister died, but ever since then I've never liked her. She's so flighty and random as a character. Sometimes she goes off on her own ideals and then the next she's following someone else like a lamb to slaughter. She's really one-dimensional and cliche at times (always wanting to shoot like one of the men, wanting romance, falling for tall, dark, and dangerous men, cheesy, idealistic speeches, etc.). And then she's really selfish like others have said too (mostly with Dale even though Dale was trying a little too hard to protect her all the time). She didn't really pan out as a cohesive (or even a feminist) character, so I guess basically she's just poorly written and developed. I still don't like her though, and I wouldn't be sad to see her gone.

backstage pass

Scott: Yeah-- I get the human element and all, and it's a series of episodes so the momentum can't always be intense as it is in a film, but if we must put up with some downtime, I'd rather see things more along the lines of The Road-- maybe not that down, but similar. I'm bored with their topics... Maybe if the core group was more interesting to me; I don't hate any of them, just indifferent towards them. Rick is insufferable and I also get that he's desperately possessive. In a way, he's much like the Governor: that guy had a zombie-daughter that haunts him and makes him crazy-- Rick's got his dead wife's ghost haunting him and making him crazy; Governor and Rick both surround themselves with followers and enablers... They're both just different sides of the same coin.

A for Rick's breakdowns leading to somewhere? I don't know, that would be nice-- but I can't help but think that these tidal wave of emotional chaos come off more as a ploy for Emmy-baiting by the writers rather than move the story along. To me anyways.

The latest episode was a total bore. Rick's wandering after the ghost of his dead wife just drags, made funnier that his group just let's him wonder off the safety of the compound to follow her. And the rest of the group... I don't really care. Is Merle and Michonne worth it to suffer the rest of them...?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, walking