How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-02-2013
scenester

What happened to their aim? Back on the farm, at night, they did one-shots to the heads from moving vehicles on a field and now not even the trained policeman aka Rick seems to be able to hit anything with an automatic 30 round mag assault rifle. They killed of the least annoying charakter (the inmate) but thank god Daryl is back. Andreas las weeks speech was just plain awful. I really don't like what they're doing with the series.

They could have done a really intense and superb show with this plot and its setting, but somehow they find a way to ruin it (for me). I enjoyed the first half of season 1, the ending was awful, season 2 was just unnecessary. It felt like a mix betweent a soap opera and my little farm. no real charakter development, bad acting, bad (stupid) decisions, every episode featured a bit of "where is carl and everyone is to blame but lori". Season 3 had some promising moments but they somehow can't keep up the "higher" bar.

I would be ok with the fact that they don't give a rats *** about the comics if they had good ideas. But that really isn't the case so why not stick with the comic books.

Another thing that bugs me is the bad fake accent.

Hopefully they'll higher some prover writers for the next season. I'll keep watching but it's just no fun most of the time due to their dumb actions, and the overall bad writing.

Sorry for the rant but i had to say that.

18-02-2013
backstage pass

^^^ That showdown was really bad-- like almost unintentionally comedic: The Governor just stands high and mighty without flinching-- and no one hits him. I get that he can't be killed off at this point, but at least have his character take some cover while in a shootout to give some sense of real urgency and mortality; No one hitting Herschel who just lays there...; Carol using the dead body of ____ as a shield is unintentionally hilarious, reminds me of those silly Keenan Ivory Wayan movies. And all it took was a delivery truck to take down those prison gates...?!?!? Although just a bit of Merle made it worthwhile since he looked so endearing trying to be part of the gang. He gets crazy right while Rick's brand of crazy just drags the show down.

I think the actors are very good with the thick Southern Drawl-- particularly ANdrew. I don't hear any giveaway of his British accent coming through.

18-02-2013
Stitch:the Hand

listen,being from the south originally i can honestly attest to you that the accents are pretty genuine for the most part,especially andrew. the brits do seem to do a pretty good job adapting to southern accents for some reason.

yeah i wasn't sure about that gunfight scene myself. it was little baffling to me....especially that part where the governor is just standing there and bullets are flying by his face and he only moves his head out of the way.

19-02-2013
scenester

Oh god, i just read what i wrote the other day. Quite embarrassing. Luckily i can blame my Paulaner Hefe-Weißbier because i'm german.
To keep it on topic, here are some amazing extras from the walking dead.

19-02-2013
backstage pass

Is your accent still with you Scott?

Hopefully the group's dynamic is going to become interesting now that Merle's here. Because, as nice people as Maggie and Glenn seem to be, I just don't care about their drama.

Is Tyrese's group still somewhere in the compound...? I would be very open to a brand new start with Tyrese's group, Merle, Daryl and Michonne... and Andrea. If the show was daring, they would ease into a new group to keep it fresh.

19-02-2013

well i never really had a heavy one on account of my mother and relatives who were from boston....what i did i got rid of in high school though.

i didn't see the other group in the episode this week. hopefully,they play a more intrinsic role in the narrative now with the threat of the governor and his minions.

19-02-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetz View Post
..To keep it on topic, here are some amazing extras from the walking dead.
First one's the best. Looks like she's in a rap video..

I loved the last episode. Especially after the really dull mid-season premiere and the fear that Daryl might take off. Can't wait for the next episode!

And if they ever kill Daryl I'll stop watching the show immediately.

backstage pass

Scott: "got rid off"-- makes it sound like unwanted baggage! So does the southern accent come out when you're angry-- mixed with the Boston one?!?!?

I'm sure Tyrese's group is still around since Tyrese does play an important part -- in the comics... Just really weird that now Michonne is back on the compound, the other black characters seemed to have gone... I know it's not intentional, but still amusing.

20-02-2013
tfs star

hahaha great clip on the extras, i work a lot in shooting for commercials and some movies and i'm telling sometimes it is so hard to make the extras really "act"

and i'm glad daryl's back, not a fans of andrea and the gov. i think andrea is so annoying with her tough act, seriously, i don't even buy that her tough act is to cover her fragility, it's just so predictable.

25-02-2013
backstage pass

I now think Andrea is just the stereotypical dumb blonde in this series. How she is still alive is beyond me.

oh man....even after everything that was revealed to her,by somebody who thought was her friend,she still went back and resisted urge. the girl is so weak and easily manipulated by jerky men.

26-02-2013
backstage pass

IDG how people still want Andrea alive. She's easily my least favorite character in the series. I even like the Governor more than her. Her relationship with Michonne is boring and isn't all that either.

And oh boy at Tyrese's group backing the governor. Killed chances of Tyrese being a long-term character in Rick's group, Y/Y?
Maybe if the Governor pulls a double-cross on Tyrese's group and murders all of them except Tyrese (they all deserve it except Tyrese's wife/girlfriend). At least Tyrese could be a part of Rick's group...

Last edited by Shiru; 26-02-2013 at 12:27 AM.
26-02-2013
backstage pass

Alright well I exagerrated. Michonne and Andrea do have an interesting relationship in that it at least gets Michonne to talk more. Michonne!

About the upcoming episode, Spoiler Alert: Morgan, the guy with his son who helped Rick in the first episode of the first season, will be coming back next episode. I suspect he will join Rick's group instead of Tyrese.

Last edited by Shiru; 26-02-2013 at 12:50 AM.
27-02-2013
V.I.P.

I loved it when Michonne told Andrea that she chose a man over a friend... hoes over bros, girl!
The governor has to kill Andrea at some point, she made her bed.

27-02-2013

certainly two scenarios can come out of this....the governor could use andrea as a pawn to manipulate the group or andrea snaps out of it and stops thinking about herself for a change and realizes carol's advice. given the scenes from next week,rick,carl and merle will return to the town and i can honestly see how andrea's alignment with the governor and her empathy for her original group might be a huge advantage for the governor. especially now that she knows everything.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, walking