How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-03-2013
backstage pass

boring episode. :/

11-03-2013
Stitch:the Hand

actually i thought it was a better episode this week....it was much more concise. i think it set a real tone for what's about to ensue. and really clear in that you could see just how power-hungry and manipulative the governor really has become. never mind the intrinsic role michonne is starting to play. they showed a sneak peek for next week and it seems milton is changing his tune on his loyalty to the governor and might be helping andrea.

11-03-2013
backstage pass

So...

The call to arms has me back in. I want to see blood spilt.

I agree Scott: This episode isn't as lulling and irritating as the last several ones: Nice fast character interaction and development. And apparently written by the team that wrote the few good episodes when Rick's group found the prison, while the last few several episodes were written by people who didn't seem to care for, or know how to tell a decent story. Things make more sense now and characters act with a real sense of urgency, and logic. However, now that the characters and story are back on a more logical direction, what is up with the zombie behaviors???? The ones that taken down by Andrea, Daryl and Martinez are so loud they can hear them coming from behind the silos/water drums-- yet the ones in the prison are so stealth they don't even hear them until they're only a yard away... And the worst has to be the ones wandering outside the prison as Daryl roars up on his motorcycle-- they don't even notice him?!?!?!? Lazy as Hedi's latest collection...

Merle is by far my favorite character. Still not really caring for the rest of Rick's group: I care more about what will happen to Andrea and even Martinez than I do for, say... Maggie.

12-03-2013
V.I.P.

interesting fact about the writers cause I was thinking that the last two episodes were different in tone than the rest of the season, more raw and gritty... from the camera pans to the music to the dialogues.
Even though it wasnt packed with action imo it was very interesting and the tension was well set... is the show coming back next week? or are they going on hiatus? cause I cant wait to see what happens.

12-03-2013
backstage pass

I hope it picks up next episode. Last few episodes have been way too boring.

scenester

I'm not sure (yet) if i liked the last episode. And i hope this won't happen

12-03-2013
backstage pass

^OMG that meme is exactly what I've been thinking about for the past 3 episodes, so technically it's already happened, but I hope it doesn't continue.

i dunno i still feel like it was an interesting episode in that they dug deeper into the psyches and that tension of the central characters. one being a complete and utter sociopath and the other just wanting to survive. sure it didn't have the action but remember we saw so much of that throughout the first half of season 3 in the midst of discovering and settling in at the prison.....so maybe there's a purpose to the quiet.....before the storm is to erupt going into season 4. also,season 2 wasn't exactly action packed. the first episodes on the farm and of course the season ender were but generally it was pretty restrained for most of the season.

as for the writer on the last episode,it was written by robert c. coleman who's never written for the show before so it's given the show a new perspective. i'm actually pretty happy they haven't fallen into that predictable pattern of "kill,kill,kill".....because then i would get sick of that. at least this shows that the series has a bit of depth if anything.

Last edited by Scott; 14-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.
18-03-2013

all i can say is wow....just when you think she's rid herself of him...boom. glad though to see andrea finally culminating into a more important figure on the show rather than the apocalypse nympho she was.

19-03-2013
backstage pass

^^^Good "wow" or WTF "wow"?

Looks like I spoke too soon about decent writing returning. I hated this episode.

Philip hunting down Andrea could have been cool in a "Battle Royale" kind of hide-and-seek survival run, but here it's so terribly contrived it's insulting. The writers don't even want to try.

I've always liked Andrea-- probably the only one that does, despite understanding that she can be annoying, arrogant, mean and a jerk. But unlike Daryl, Herschel or even Rick's son (can't remember his name), she's not a predictable, by-the-books TV-character we've all seen countless times before. And she's not a non-entity like Maggie, her sister, and Glen. So besides Merle (Carol is alright and Sasha and Milton seems as well, although I'm sure poor Milton will be offed next episode), I care what happens to Andrea more than I would for these other characters, but this episode that has her running from the man that knows exactly which building-- of several, she went into; and him coming out alive when pitted against an endless horde of zombies-- in the dark, with only one good eye, with limited ammo which we saw was spent while the horde converges on him; and him knowing exactly where Andrea would end up when she reached the prison... it's beyond contrivance-- it's blatant laziness of the writers, and insulting to the viewers, just to have another filler episode until the season finale.

BTW, the prison is really just that close to Woodbury? Andrea literally ran all night and didn't hear the truck chasing after her...? OK, I'll stop now before the sloppiness of this episode has be ranting nonstop.

Jeez Scott, Andrea's only had sex with 2 men... No one rags on Maggie when she's always having sex when she should be on watch... Andrea breathes, and everyone trashes her.

19-03-2013
backstage pass

^it's because she always picks the hoes before bros. :p

This episode was at least more exciting since I didn't know what was gonna happen next, but the reason I didn't know what was going to happen was because I didn't expect a cop-out. I didn't find it believable at all that Andrea would get caught like that and go quietly. At the very least she would've struggled, Rick would've seen and done something about it. :/

I don't think she should've even got that far to the prison before the invincible, untouchable governor got to her - but the writers need a cheap premise to build suspense. :/

Still the last scene of Andrea in the torture chamber gave me chills. As much as I dislike her, no one deserves to go through what the governor is going to put her through. I can't help but feel a little worried for her even if she's a fictional character.

Last edited by Shiru; 19-03-2013 at 12:51 AM.
19-03-2013
backstage pass

^^^ With bros like Rick and Daryl, who don't really seem to care about her, I'd pick the hoes in a heartbeat...

This episode is just absurd: Andrea takes down 2 walkers charging at her while another has her by the throat from behind. And she ran all night to get to the prison! And Phillip is Iron Man, apparently.

This is just pure speculation, but Andrea will be rescued-- either by Tyrese or Milton. If it's poor Milton, he will be killed rescuing her.

19-03-2013
backstage pass

^I was referring to Dale and Michonne. :p

Michonne I can kind of understand tho since she is the silent type. I just find it so priceless that she was the one to say that to Andrea

backstage pass

^^^ Did Michonne said that to Andrea?

Oh Michonne, she really need to get over Andrea...

I know it's just a TV show and not as serious as a film like The Road, but it bugs me so much seeing Rick's hair perfectly slicked back every single time-- it never even gets a bit out of place, even after a fight with 500 walkers or a shoot-out with Woodbury... And Daryl's forever J-Pop shag (does anyone else see a catfish when they look at Daryl?)... Andrea, however, has the common sense to always tie her hair back when she's ready to brawl.

19-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
^^^ Did Michonne said that to Andrea?

Oh Michonne, she really need to get over Andrea...

I know it's just a TV show and not as serious as a film like The Road, but it bugs me so much seeing Rick's hair perfectly slicked back every single time-- it never even gets a bit out of place, even after a fight with 500 walkers or a shoot-out with Woodbury... And Daryl's forever J-Pop shag (does anyone else see a catfish when they look at Daryl?)... Andrea, however, has the common sense to always tie her hair back when she's ready to brawl.
Something similar This user quoted it, so credit goes to her. I'm too lazy to go find the scene myself. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I loved it when Michonne told Andrea that she chose a man over a friend... hoes over bros, girl!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, walking