The Walking Dead - Page 18 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
19-10-2013
Stitch:the Hand

well the first episode was entitled "what's making everyone sick?" and the next episode is entitled "infected" so you can sort of see the culminating aspects,from rick finding the pig dead to the dying boy,of the premiere and where the story is heading this season.

19-10-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I´m very happy that Michael Cudlitz is going to be part of the show
I was just coming in here to say this... I'm so happy to see that he's a part of the cast this season. He was outstanding in Southland.

backstage pass

Quote:
^if it´s something from the comic books then please don´t spoil but the kid didn´t die from an accident, he was sick with something that made his eyes bleed. What you´re saying is that the zombie virus can kill them from within?
and the pig dying, is it related to the kid´s death?

I´m very happy that Michael Cudlitz is going to be part of the show
well i havent read the comics, so these are only assumptions . but i thought his eyes were bleeding bc he has already died and turned in a zombie. i mean he was sick with flu- thats what i have thought, he had a high temperature and he fell down and died, and then turned into a zombie. thats what I thought. about the pig i do not know.

19-10-2013
V.I.P.

^ahhh, I thought that maybe you knew something that us tv watchers didn´t know

I don´t think he had just the flu, he was fine during the morning with Carl. Could be a mutation of a flu virus but regular flu virus don´t kill you in a day, do they?

Could someone please explain me this...? if they´re already infected with the virus, why a zombie bite also turns them into zombies even when it´s not life threatening?
Am I being too much of nerd by thinking about this?

19-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
if they´re already infected with the virus, why a zombie bite also turns them into zombies even when it´s not life threatening?
Haha, good question... Now that I think of it, it doesn't really make sense to me either

19-10-2013
fashion insider

^^^ The "zombie" virus is dormant in all the survivals, so all are infected, and is activated in death-- and that includes bitten by the "dead". I tend to think of the living as being full of diesel, and death, or a bite from a zombie-- who is dead, as the match that ignites the fuel that turns them into the living dead.

I think it's somewhat interesting that the new threat is a mutating virus; whether it's in the livestock, water, or a mutated airborne strain. Still not too drawn in so far. I may have been the only one that liked Andrea, and miss her dynamic in the story. And Merle as well.

The action sets are already quite sloppy in this season opener: Hated how disoriented these so-called veterans became when the zombies started dropping one by one from the roof. Instead of closing ranks, and quickly getting out, they scattered and seemed to have ran into the hotspots of raining zombies... Glenn seemed to be the only sensical one in full SWAT gear-- which saved his life in this incident. And it bugged me to no end to see the zombie-killers at the gate casually spearing away with not even a rag wound around their face area. What if a drop of blood got in their mouth? Or it doesn't work that way? It has to be an actual bite from a "living" dead? If that's the case, then it's just silly and too videogame-esque with dumb "rules".

19-10-2013
V.I.P.

^Thanks for your explanation.
Though I guess the creators/producers don´t have more "scientific" answers. Before we knew that the virus was dormant I thought only a bite was necessary and that the virus took a while to spread and infect the victim -remember Andrea´s sister in S1- and that was why Hershel didn´t turn when they amputated his leg.

19-10-2013
Stitch:the Hand

no they have shown before when humans perish,they come back as walkers. it's in them already. like when carl was faced with the dilemma of killing his mother after she gave birth.

phuel,i think that scene probably played out that way for the sake of tv. because it was such a different sequence(on top of a roof,that is)than what we're used to,they had to play it out for the sake of the action/drama. on the blood topic,maybe because they've already got the virus in them the walker blood doesn't affect them the way a bite or a death would.

19-10-2013
don't look down

In terms of where the infection storyline might go, there were all sorts of things in that episode. People licking their fingers before shaking someone's hand... pigs and deer dying, yet people continuing to eat them... a woman who'd been living in the woods, who looked like a walker, yet her tent didn't seem that filthy for it all to be dirt...

trendsetter

As everyone has already mentioned, all of the survivors contain the zombie virus because it is airborne. So if you die of natural causes (like Lori) you would still reanimate (unless your brain is destroyed). And all zombie bites are life-threatening. You don't die from blood loss, you die from infection (and then reanimate). Hershel would have become infected if the zombie "bacteria" had time to enter his bloodstream, and that's why Rick hacked his leg off so quickly, so the infection didn't have time to spread. I would assume that any contact with the zombie bacteria would spread the infection (remember at the farm when that fat zombie infected the well water?) so I also wonder why the fence killers don't wear something to protect their faces. Idk if all of that made sense, but maybe it cleared up some things?

19-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
no they have shown before when humans perish,they come back as walkers. it's in them already. like when carl was faced with the dilemma of killing his mother after she gave birth.
They shown the latent virus plot when they were still on the farm. Carl killing Lori and Hershel getting his leg cut happened on the prison, after they already knew about it. Anyway, I was thinking if poor Hershel went through that pointlessly

21-10-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
phuel,i think that scene probably played out that way for the sake of tv. because it was such a different sequence(on top of a roof,that is)than what we're used to,they had to play it out for the sake of the action/drama. on the blood topic,maybe because they've already got the virus in them the walker blood doesn't affect them the way a bite or a death would.
Oh yeah, I understand the show wants to explore new action sets to keep viewers excited, as they should. I just don't think these characters would be so dazed and confused just because it's coming from above instead of to the right. I mean, the zombies were dropping from a concentrated area of the ceiling that was weakened, rather than all over the ceiling, in the center of the store-- not at random places. So, I don't get the confusion-- particularly with Daryl jumping onto a mount just to be surrounded by zombies. Why not just close rank and move away from the hotspot? It's a big, wide area, after all. Sloppy action set to me.

Sometimes, when a show becomes so huge-- which this one has, the writers tend to feel they can get away with more laziness, sloppiness and just being less thoughtful, because-- they can. I'm just a casual viewer, but there are many hardcore fans who analyze every scene and never miss a single post-show discussion and follow all that is "The Walking Dead" religiously and live for the show. So why wouldn't the writers work a bit harder to polish things up to give the best that they can to their fans? Highest rated show is enough reason for them to slip in quality-control.

And it happened again in this episode: The horde of amassing zombies at the weakening fence were ignored until the fence was about to collapse. Why were there no one patrolling the perimeter? It's always our handful of heroes that fight the zombies, what about the other people there? These action sets are just not exciting anymore when they're so dumbly executed.

I've never seen Season 1, so that's what I'm going to do now. Season 2 was really good until they got to the farmhouse, and everything bored me to a dulling numbness. I don't remember anything there-- except for the scene of Shane showering...

You know, it's pretty amazing that there aren't really any clearly beautiful people on this show; I guess Rick could be considered handsome, and I know Daryl is unbelievably popular-- but he look like a catfish w/K-Pop hair to me, and the whole loner redneck bada*s with a heart of gold is so overplayed to me I find his character very forgettable. On the other hand, the regular-looking people is exactly why so many can relate to this show, I suppose-- particularly with Michonne, who is actually decent-looking in real life, but she's (made up to be?) not attractive at all, to put it politely, in the show.

Carol's the only interesting character left to me. and Sasha has potential, but I think she's expendable at this point. Without Andrea and Merle, even Shane and Dale-- and Milton and Axel was interesting as well, what a tepid bunch they are.

22-10-2013
V.I.P.

^you forgot the scene with Michonne when she was "overpowered" by two zombies... she´s a master with the katana yet she never draws it out LOL

imo Daryl´s appearance changed at some point to accommodate the fangirls, on S1 he looked just dirty, not runway dirty

22-10-2013
fashion insider

^^^

Yeah, that Michonne-threesome was pathetically contrived and so out of character it just didn't make sense. And the manners in which zombie-Patrick was able to clamp down and chomp away the windpipes of his victim, rendering him voiceless and instantly dead is quite a leap. Even lions can't break the windpipes of their prey with a single bite, and the writers want to sucker us into believing that the zombies have suddenly developed powerful, razor-sharp Raptor/ Pitbull jaws and teeth? The show's action pieces are becoming more and more lazy and contrived.

On a more critically-positive note, I finally watched Season 1, and it's so very good and leagues ahead of all the other seasons. JUst awesome. Daryl was so unhinged, explosive and full of life-- with a much nicer hairstyle, unlike what he's become now... I've always liked Carol, and seeing her meek nature in Season 1 makes me like her even more. She's the only character that remains interesting and evolved with complexity. I liked Dale so much; he was lively, dedicated, compassionate, hopeful, geeky, annoying, and relatable-- only to be replaced with Yoda-Hershel-- what a letdown.

The finale with the kind woman deciding to remain with the Dr was so sad-- made even sadder when Dale begged and finally stayed with Andrea when she decided to remain. Dale was willing to die alongside Andrea-- for her, yet no one pleaded with the other woman, let alone would give up their life with her. It was as if she made the right decision in this case-- and that made it so sad for me because she had no one to live for. The looks on both hers and the Dr's face at the end really got to me. That's powerful storytelling; which has not surfaced again for this show. Even the thug-caretakers were really endearing in all its sweetness.

28-10-2013
backstage pass

How did you like the new ep ?? did aanyone get the feeling that wwhen rick was looking at the door where Karen and David were dragged sb was looking? maybe that was just my impression;o

and how stupid of this lady , cant remember her name, she's with grey hair, to do such a thing... how will she escape with what she did..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, walking