How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2014
backstage pass

Let's hope next season will be way better than this one.

03-04-2014
V.I.P.

^ I thought this season was pretty good! A major improvement on season 3 where I almost gave up on the show, glad I didn't.

Scott, that's good to hear about next season. I'm looking forward to the darker tone.

04-04-2014
backstage pass

Both these last 2 seasons have been weak, I just didn't bother to mention them both.

V.I.P.

Weak? This season has been one of the best due the personal histories and the dramatic episodes. Is not all about killing zombies for an hour TBH.

04-04-2014
trendsetter

I really like that the zombies have become kind of a secondary plot line. The real story now is how they're all surviving in this new, savage world without food, water, etc and people have all become relatively nutz.
I personally think this season was amazing.

┃tFS book challenge 2014┃currently reading ▶ The Park Service (Park Service Trilogy #1) by Ryan Winfield
04-04-2014
backstage pass

I actually rather liked the Zombie fever epidemic plot-line, all 5 episodes of it, but the Governor's episodes in this season were terrible (except the fighting episode, "Too Far Gone," for the action) and the split-off groups were terrible except for Carol's group in "The Grove" (which is also by far my favorite episode of this season).
7 good episodes out of 16 total episodes (I found the others incredibly boring - not even character development and relationships could keep my attention; or in the case of the finale, very disappointing) in a season does not make for a good season IMO.
The third season is, ofc, worse tho IMO.

Last edited by Shiru; 04-04-2014 at 11:50 PM.
06-04-2014
Stitch:the Hand

psychologically and emotionally this season has been by far the best in that respect than all the other seasons. each episode really took us all deep into each character's psyche individually and i loved getting to know certain characters who we didn't know that much about prior....namely michonne and her thick-skinned warrior aura. she finally showed some vulnerability this season and i got to see the human side of her. rick and carl going through all their ebbs and flows as father and son and seeing carl growing and trying to become his own person.

07-04-2014
V.I.P.

^ that's why I view this season as the best by far. I really liked getting to know Michone and the budding relationship between Beth and Daryl. Also the Grove had to be the best episode ever. It was so good and very emotional. I like that Carol does what needs to be done, its how to survive in that chaos.

Just thinking here....but what if Terminus has Beth? Maybe they saw her running from the funeral home, alone and vulnerable and assumed she was traveling alone so they took her. Its easier to convince someone to join your party when they are alone, there is no other group to side with.

This is a theory someone told me which I think it a little out there...but if Terminus has Beth they may be using her to reproduce

07-04-2014
V.I.P.

^This is one of the best seasons for me too, like I said, is not all about killing zombies, after all this is labeled as "Drama" not "Action"
I'd love some episodes before all this happened, too get to know them better.

07-04-2014
V.I.P.

For me this past season was imbalanced. I did love getting to know more about each character's personal struggle and past. At the same time, the personal stories of each character almost completely took over and there was very little to no plot development. There was a point in almost every episode after which I was extremely bored and annoyed. That said, the finale did leave me wanting more. I just hope the next season lives up to the expectations the finale has set.

07-04-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
I'd love some episodes before all this happened, too get to know them better.
I would LOVE if they did just one episode where we can see each of the main characters living life before all of this. That would be so interesting to compare their personalities and how we have come to know them, to who they used to be.

┃tFS book challenge 2014┃currently reading ▶ The Park Service (Park Service Trilogy #1) by Ryan Winfield
08-04-2014
V.I.P.

imo they didnt balance character development with some action. the episodes when they tell their background stories were incredible dull...

09-04-2014
backstage pass

The imbalance was bordering on season 2 bad...

V.I.P.

^ I don't think I will ever watch season 2 again. I admit there was some bad episodes. I did overall love this season

15-04-2014
backstage pass

LOL season 2 was my favorite actually along with season 4.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, walking