How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-10-2011
front row

i knew it . but , the question is..what would you have done in his place?

31-10-2011
V.I.P.

^I would not have done what he did. I wouldn't have the heart, but at the same time I can see why he did it.
If Shane hadn't done that, then three people would have died instead of just one.

31-10-2011
front row

^ i completely agree with you, that's why i'm not able to judge him.

01-11-2011
V.I.P.

Well i certainly am able to judge him, what kind of person does that!!! And to leave him like that? Why not kill him straight away? What a psycho, no excuse for what he did!!! Poor Otis, seemed really like a cool guy who felt sorry about what happened with Carl. Shane is a backstabber of the worst kind, but THIS, i didn't see coming! Probably why i like the show so much, its not as predictable..

I do also seem to be developing a huge dislike for Lori, i dont know why even, or if its the actress, and how she plays her, she just gets on my nerve everytime she is on the screen!

01-11-2011
front row

^ oh yes, that so easy to say comfortably sat in your chair and watching the tv, but you have to be there, and feel the fear, no fear... panic, and know that certainly you are going to die if you don't do it. It was an extreme situation and he reacted with an extreme measure.it was that, or die and let the boy die too, so i say that i can understand what he did.

Anyway i think the scriptwriters made a little mistake, because moments before he asked Otis to leave him behind and go, and later he does that? a little confusing.

And answering your questions he didn't kill him directly because the zombis are not atracted by the dead, as we saw when the guy who cut himself in the arm hid under the body of a corpse not to be found by the zombis.

01-11-2011
fashion elite

I can sort of understand why Shane did what he did.....BUT.......

1. it's possible they both could have gotten killed and Carl would have died without the supplies.

2. He was getting revenge on him for shooting Carl (although it was an accident)

3. He thought that he would slow him down, although I think both could have gotten back with the supplies imo.

Either way what he did was just awful, and to me makes the character unreedemable no matter what

I am waiting for Merle's return, is it possible that he has Sophia???

Last edited by MorganJade; 01-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.
01-11-2011
V.I.P.

@Birkin: I don't think that was a mistake in the script. I think that was Shane's way of sacrificing himself, so he wouldn't have to kill Otis. Once he realized there was no way Otis would leave him, Shane only had one other option.

I think it's hinted a few times leading up to that moment that Otis is obviously not in the best shape when it comes to running, so even if he and Shane had both ran for it...they still probably would not have made it.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birkin View Post
^ oh yes, that so easy to say comfortably sat in your chair and watching the tv, but you have to be there, and feel the fear, no fear... panic, and know that certainly you are going to die if you don't do it. It was an extreme situation and he reacted with an extreme measure.it was that, or die and let the boy die too, so i say that i can understand what he did.

Anyway i think the scriptwriters made a little mistake, because moments before he asked Otis to leave him behind and go, and later he does that? a little confusing.

And answering your questions he didn't kill him directly because the zombis are not atracted by the dead, as we saw when the guy who cut himself in the arm hid under the body of a corpse not to be found by the zombis.
I assure you there is no way i would kill Otis, ever, but the point you made about zombies not wanting the dead, it slipped my mind.

I do feel like that woman in the house might be on to Shane eventually, probably noticing bruises.etc, because she seems like a firecracker.

I hope that little girl is alive though, the chances are slim.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 02-11-2011 at 03:43 AM.
02-11-2011
V.I.P.

I feel like the only thing saving the show for being a boring soapy drama is the zombie action... I´m tired of this search for the girl and all the drama in the house, makes me hate some characters like Lori... is she pregnant btw? they never addressed what that guy at CDC said to her, right?

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

^I don't even really remember last seasons finale. But it would be amazing if she was pregnant. lol. And it would have to be Shane's baby. The show has always been quite slow moving, but I love that about it. If it was non-stop zombies...it would get old fast.

And I've never liked Lori. She's a b*tch. In fact, I'm not sure I like any of the female characters on the show. The mother of the missing girl just seems so weak. The blonde is annoying. I understand she's upset about losing her sister, but still. I do like the new girl though, the one who rode the horse. She's interesting.

02-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I assure you there is no way i would kill Otis, ever, but the point you made about zombies not wanting the dead, it slipped my mind.

I do feel like that woman in the house might be on to Shane eventually, probably noticing bruises.etc, because she seems like a firecracker.

I hope that little girl is alive though, the chances are slim.
I actually feel that Sophia is alive, and maybe Merle figures into this, because we all know that he will show up eventually.

I am getting annoyed with Sophia's mom though, all she does is cry and whine. Why not be out there searching as much as possible. I know I would not be sitting in the trailer while my child was out there missing.

09-11-2011
fashion elite

Did anyone watch this week's epi??

wow, Lori pregnant...I kinda had a feeling something would happen as a result of her affair with Shane, I don't think it's possible to pretend it was Rick's baby, since he was missing before for quite a while. This will definitely make things interesting.

Omg, Glen and that girl, but good for them..although I thought that a walker would stumble upon them in that pharmacy

I can't believe this Sophia storyline is still dragging on.....

10-11-2011
front row

^...and bite their arses , lol, that would be good . i found this episode a little slow, as if they included the zombie in the water just because one zombie at least must be shown per episode. And the tough guy, don't remember his name, bringing flowers to Sophia's mother ? i surely didn't expect that.

Btw, it is curious how the producers gladly show the head of a zombie being crushed to a bloody pulp or a zombie being eviscerated with every detail but are afraid of showing a little of skin, just a thought...

10-11-2011
backstage pass

Spoiler - Having read the comics yes Lori is pregnant and it's a baby girl. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birkin View Post
Btw, it is curious how the producers gladly show the head of a zombie being crushed to a bloody pulp or a zombie being eviscerated with every detail but are afraid of showing a little of skin, just a thought...
It's how television is - violence and gore is ok, but nudity is not. Youtube will keep videos up of people getting shot or killed (I saw a video of a protestor getting shot in the head and his brain falling out) but breasts? gasp! Video removed!

12-11-2011
V.I.P.

Is it me or those farmers are weird? or maybe it´s just tense build up but I feel they´re up to something bad...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dead, walking