How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?r...productIncludes

i found this...i don't know...?

05-11-2004
Proponent of Plaid

You won't regret getting that camera, Softie. It's the newest model of the same series that mine is from, and I can tell you, my little A70 completely kicks ***.

It is $300 you won't regret spending. And a good charger (the best IMO) is the Rayovac 15 minute charger, and those are around $25-30, plus another $12 for a set of extra batteries. The charger and batteries will be the best accessory you will ever buy to go with the camera.

flaunt the imperfection..

thanks...i really take your recommendation seriously as i respect your opinion...
do you recommend i order one of the accessory packages advertised below the camera on that site...or should i get them seperately...

sorry...but i'm very ignorant about these things and am really relying on the opinions of those i respect...

thanks for your help...

06-11-2004
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonchic@Sep 2 2004, 11:34 AM
my mom's is the new nikon here's a picture of it it's the one on the left
[snapback]353653[/snapback]
that's the one i have....

EdK
trendsetter

Digital Cameras
Im looking to get one, what should I look for, and what are the best ones?

13-01-2005
blue

well, depends on what you want to do with your camera..
will you be taking it everywhere to take snap shots?, or do you want a semi prof/professional camera for serious photography? (DSLR?)

think about what features are important to you.. small size? design? optical/digital zoom?

also check out www.dpreview.com

13-01-2005
Adorable illusion

I got a canon ixus i..its quite good and quite sleek looking as well. Its enough for me to take decnt pitures and to record small video clips.

13-01-2005
EdK
trendsetter

nothing professional, just take it out take pictures with friends, take pictures when i go on trips, and also a small size and nice deisgn would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
well, depends on what you want to do with your camera..
will you be taking it everywhere to take snap shots?, or do you want a semi prof/professional camera for serious photography? (DSLR?)

think about what features are important to you.. small size? design? optical/digital zoom?

also check out www.dpreview.com

13-01-2005
V.I.P.

I have a Canon S400 (the current version is S410) - it's totally fine for taking simple pictures. It's around $350-400 ($300 if you can get a deal). If you don't mind shelling out another $100, you could go for the next level, S500. BTW, there is already a thread on digicams. We made it when Softie was looking for one.

13-01-2005
Rebaptising my badness

Try http://www.imaging-resource.com/ - this is the best site for tips on digicams. I just bought a Canon Powershot A85, it's quite simple to use and has some interesting features.

Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
BTW, there is already a thread on digicams. We made it when Softie was looking for one.
I started that one actually: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...6&page=1&pp=25

front row

canon digicameras are nice. look for cameras that provide higher mega pixels. 5 megapixels are fine for normal shots. also look for a camera that has clear lens. it's all with the lens. other brands that are also good: sony and olympus. if u want to invest on a good cam, like if ure planning to pursue a career on photography, it is best to buy a digital SLR. nikon cameras have good DSLR.

13-01-2005
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemova
I move for a merge...

Rebaptising my badness

Ditto.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessylicious
canon digicameras are nice. look for cameras that provide higher mega pixels. 5 megapixels are fine for normal shots. also look for a camera that has clear lens. it's all with the lens. other brands that are also good: sony and olympus. if u want to invest on a good cam, like if ure planning to pursue a career on photography, it is best to buy a digital SLR. nikon cameras have good DSLR.
I got a Nikon digital SLR as an anniversary gift last year and I adore it! I think it's impossible to take bad pictures with it! (Okay, not really... but it really is great!).

Personally, I think Nikon and Canon make the best cameras. They have lots of options from which to choose and I'm sure you'll find something that'll suit your needs from either company. From the sound of it, a camera in the 4-megapixel range should do fine. I think you can get a really good one for just a couple of hundred dollars.

I used a Sony camera for three years before I got my Nikon D70, and I would recommend staying away from the brand. Yes, they make very aesthetically-pleasing cameras, but I also find that they are over-priced, and because they use their own brand of external memory (the Sony Memory Stick), it won't be compatible with any other brand of camera should you decide to upgrade. It's something to consider anyway.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cam, digi