How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-12-2012
fashion elite

Not many people know about the film Love and Other Disasters (2006).
It stars Brittany Murphy, and she just lives in London and works in the fashion industry and dates hot guys! You can't go wrong!

Here's the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lc6C4juTVg

Last edited by mint condish; 31-12-2012 at 02:30 PM.

31-12-2012
fashion elite

I'm sorry that I have several posts in a row but there's no way out of it. As I keep researching Fashion in Film I keep coming up with more answers, and TFS only allows 10 minutes to edit your last post.

Late 1990's
You could try Cruel Intentions (1999) or a personal favourite of mine, Picture Perfect (1997) starring Jennifer Aniston. A great movie.

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

I know there are more, but I have to get ready to go out for new year's eve and now I have too many inspirations! :p

ANNIE HALL (MANY ALLEN CHARACTERS HAVE GREAT WARDROBES, VICKY CHRISTINA BARCELONA, MATCH POINT, PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM, ETC...)
REAR WINDOW (& MOST HITCHCOCK BLONDES – VERTIGO, BIRDS, ETC)
CRACKS – EVA GREEN IS BREATH-TAKING
LOST IN TRANSLATION (& REALLY ALL OF SOFIA’S FILMS)
I AM LOVE
ROSEMARY’S BABY
SHOPGIRL
AMELIE
OUT OF AFRICA
FAR FROM HEAVEN
FIGHT CLUB – ESP HELENA
SABRINA
THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY
GOSFORD PARK
THE LAST SEDUCTION
THE CONFORMIST
THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS (AND MOST ANDERSON FILMS)
THE BREAKFAST CLUB
VALLEY GIRL
HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONARE – ESP. LAUREN BACALL

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
01-01-2013
Stitch:the Hand

you know another film with great costumes was beetlejuice. or more specifically winona ryder's character 'lydia'. that black petticoat she wore underneath her school uniform....her big floppy hat with the lace veil.....that monochrome red dress....stuff of dreams. catherine o'hara's character also had some really interesting looks. remember that head-piece she wore made from a leather glove?

01-01-2013
V.I.P.

True, and I should add Tim Burton to my list for costumes/movie wardrobes. He's had some stunners: Johnny Depp's first outfit as Edward Scissorhands is amazing, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, etc.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
06-01-2013
trendsetter

^ Loved all those esp. Ed Wood.

^^ I know Beetlejuice actually used Japanese designs but I wonder if Fight Club did as well, or at least with Helena?

tumblr_m4nthgxtm01qbataco1_500.jpg
codeineandcoffins tumblr

I'm a sucker for Allen & Hitchcock characters too... and the French new wave
Malle (Ascenseur pour l'échafaud, Les Amants), Chabrol (Merci pour le chocolat, Madame Bovary, The Unfaithful Wife, Les Biches), Godard (Breathless, Alphaville, Vivre Sa Vie)... & Buńuel's French period (Belle de Jour, Tristana, Diary of a Chambermaid)...
+
Network (1976)
Days of Being Wild (1990)
Gattaca (1997)
Sliding Doors (1998)
The Painted Veil (2006)
Meek's Cutoff (2010)
The Awakening (2011)

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

Okay, so I just rewatched 9 1/2 Weeks; it's a truly dumb movie in so many ways (plot? hello?) but I honestly wanted to watch it to revisit the style - the interiors of places, and the clothing, the wardrobes, are quite beautiful. I love the big sweaters and coats Kim Basinger's character wears; and the sophisticated suits and dresses, too. She really looks great from start to finish imo. And Mickey Rourke - wow he what an incredibly good looking man he was back then, just stunning and almost delicately beautiful. Again, his wardrobe is awesome throughout. Bad film but very stylish, with great great clothes, imo.

09-02-2013
fashion elite

^ I'm a huge Kim Basinger fan.
That reminds me of Batman (1989) and My Stepmother is an Alien (1988). She is absolutely stunning in both of those films and I love her wardrobe in both! Not kidding!

09-02-2013
trendsetter

I really like wardrobes in Woody Allen's recent films. In the past, the clothes were often terrific, but I think they stood out too much and looked a bit costume-y. Whereas in, say, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, it captures the whole linen/easy "look" and makes it look completely natural. Scarlett in the white and yellow button-down shirt and short shorts, Javier's artfully paint-spattered tee, etc. And then in Midnight in Paris, I loved how Owen Wilson's fairly casual clothes looked somehow appropriate for the 2010s AND the 1920s. I love more exuberant costumes in movies, but I also really enjoy thoughtfully dressed characters whose outfits don't scream "look at me!"

windowshopping

Audrey Hepburn: Givenchy's Graceful Muse

Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn - a match made in heaven. Givenchy intuitively understood Audrey's petite frame - the perfect foil it would seem for the sophisticated and ladylike look of the late 1950s and early 1960s - tiny waist, full skirt - often with underlay and a simply cut bodice, often collarless to show Audrey's swanlike neck.

In turn, Audrey's iconic movies served as the perfect environment for the ultimate catwalk - raising Givenchy's profile. And perhaps due to the timeless design of both the couture and the movies both are still much admired decades later.

Givenchy and Hepburn - classic, refined, urbane style.

The video background music is Goofin' at the Coffee House by Henry Mancini and the movie images are from Sabrina (1954), Funny Face (1957), Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961), Charade (1963) and Paris When it Sizzles (1964).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favorite, movie, wardrobes