How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-04-2013
fashion insider

That showcard came with an interesting article about how surprised people were to see Alessandra's card for Sydney Fashion Week. Do you guys think there are any clients who will actually pay for her to show up? The article mentions that she's had at least one enquiry from Australian clients.

Fingers crossed that she shows up and lands a Vogue Australian cover while she's at it.

02-04-2013
V.I.P.

^I wish she's show up in Australia! i would love to see her!

02-04-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsnoop2 View Post
That showcard came with an interesting article about how surprised people were to see Alessandra's card for Sydney Fashion Week. Do you guys think there are any clients who will actually pay for her to show up? The article mentions that she's had at least one enquiry from Australian clients.

Fingers crossed that she shows up and lands a Vogue Australian cover while she's at it.
Could you post the article?

02-04-2013
fashion insider

Unfortunately, frockwriter doesn't allow one to copy and paste the text. But here's the link:
http://www.frockwriter.com/2013/03/s...anagement.html

02-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Unfortunately, frockwriter doesn't allow one to copy and paste the text. But here's the link:
http://www.frockwriter.com/2013/03/s...anagement.html
That is strange. I was able to copy & paste the article just fine

Showcards: Priscilla's Model Management (women) - MBFWA SS 13/14
Could Victoria’s Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio really be a serious contender for the runways of next month’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia? Frockwriter was somewhat taken aback to spot the Brazilian bombshell at the head of the Priscilla's Model Management women’s show pack for the event. As we mentioned yesterday, the Oz modelling game has shifted into a new gear courtesy of last year’s arrival of IMG Models - which included some of its own big names, ie Gemma Ward and Miranda Kerr, in its show pack

So are all these big names just schtick-swinging, now that the world's biggest model agency is in town? Which Australian designers have the disposable funds to fork out for a big ticket model like Ambrosio?

“If Alex Perry turned around tomorrow and paid the rate, she [Ambrosio] would come out - we would not waste our time and our client’s time otherwise” Priscilla Leighton Clark told frockwriter, adding that her agency has imported more than one big name for various Australian fashion events over the years, from Naomi Campbell to Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer and Elaine Irwin.

And Leighton Clark reports she has had more than one enquiry about Ambrosio and the other big international names on Priscillas’ MBFWA show list, including Ondria Hardin, Lara Mullen and Caroline Brasch Nielsen.

At least one of those names is in fact likely to be coming down we hear. That’s not counting big local names Julia Nobis and Ruby Jean Wilson, both of whom will definitely be at the event according to Priscillas.

Noted Leighton Clark, “People are fascinated by the whole process and they fantasise: ‘Wouldn’t it be great?’ The market has changed, but I think clients really want these girls. When you do spend the money on a top girl, you really get the return”.

“Obviously IMG Models upped the ante in terms of the competition” concedes Doll Wright, a respected Australian agent who has just returned from five years in New York, working for the Elite and Ford agencies. Wright is now back at Priscillas, albeit in an independent capacity. As such, she brings some key international experience to the industry.

In her New York agency stints, Wright launched the international careers of Nobis, Wilson, Harden and various other international girls such as Hannah Holman and Kate King. Moving forward based in Sydney, Wright is the personal mother agent of Holman and Hardin and has been seconded by Priscilla's to oversee development and global placements (securing international representation for models).

For the moment, Wright has her eye on a bunch of new Priscillas faces who will be new to MBFWA this year:

Annabelle Bailey, 16, Sydney
Breanna Green, 16, Newcastle NSW
Claudia Mueller, 18, Newcastle NSW
Elly Blumentals, 17, Sydney
Gabby Dover, 18, Berry NSW
Gabrielle Sullivan, 18, Perth
Lauren Feenstra, 16, Terrigal NSW
McCall Manuel, 16, Queenscliff NSW
Remy Lloyd,16, Avalon NSW

source: frockwriter.com

Last edited by @~PinkCouture~@; 02-04-2013 at 10:01 PM.

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio shopping at Isabel Marant in West Hollywood (April 2) - Celebrity-gossip.net

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

Almoço em família (at Ago)

twitter.com/AngelAlessandra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg proxy.jpg (50.8 KB, 12 views)

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio 2013-04-02 - does some shopping in Los Angeles - Celebrity-paradise.com

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

celebrity-paradise.com

03-04-2013
scenester

Guys, is truth that Alessandra already shot for Vogue Italia years ago, but the shoot was not used? I was searching for old photos at Bellazon and I think I saw this information.

03-04-2013
fashion insider

Yes, she shot for Italian and L'uomo Vogue with Michel Comte at the Monaco Grand Prix in 2006 and the shots were never published. Some candids did make it out.

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

VSX

VS

victoriassecret

04-04-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Yes, she shot for Italian and L'uomo Vogue with Michel Comte at the Monaco Grand Prix in 2006 and the shots were never published. Some candids did make it out.
WTF, Alessandra at the Monaco Grand Prix would have been amazing, was this part of the shoot?

flickr.com/vericaverica

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio drops off her adorable pup Lola at the veterinarian in Santa Monica and goes shopping afterwards on Montana Avenue in Los Angeles - zimbio.com

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

KIO Network Mexico

kionetworks.com/es
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pop1_slide.jpg (109.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pop3_slide.jpg (67.8 KB, 1 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, alessandra, ambrosio, january, september