How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-11-2013
V.I.P.

Her casual style is really great!

22-11-2013
V.I.P.

Soooo....

the photoshoot we saw earlier of KK, Ale, Miranda, Alek, Helena and Isabeli for Pirelli was apparently actually just a special pre-shoot. They really ARE going with the 1986 re-release instead. Can't believe it!!

Here's more info, via Refinery:

"We reported back in August that the 2013 Pirelli calendar was underway, with a teaser shot by Patrick Demarchelier and Peter Lindbergh featuring models Miranda Kerr, Alek Wek, Helena Christensen, Alessandra Ambrosio, Isabeli Fontana, and Karolina Kurkova in Risky Business uniforms. However, those photos seemed to be used just for an ancillary shoot, and the real 2013 calendar, which is the 50th anniversary issue, will instead be a 27-year-old photo shoot.

Shot by Helmut Newton, the calendar was never released in 1986 because there were two competing shoots — a British production involving Bert Stern and an Italian one with Newton. However, Newton had "to step down due to personal problems [involving] urgent family business." And, in the end, Stern's version was the released issue that year. Newton's has since remained unseen in the archives, until this year when it was reconstructed for distribution. Models Susie Bick, Antonia Dell'atte, and Betty Prado pose in Monte Carlo's Grand Prix among Pirelli tires — the brand's first foray into conspicuous product placement.

Why the last-minute bait and switch with calendars? Especially considering the huge caliber of both models and photographers? Pirelli states that the Lindbergh and Demarchelier portraits were a special shoot "to celebrate the anniversary" (British Vogue reported that the shoot acted as a preview to the actual calendar). For a giant company like Pirelli to rerelease an unheard-of issue for such an important anniversary without the sort of priming and teasing beforehand...well, it all sounds as fishy as Newton's last-minute "urgent family business." We've reached out to Pirelli for a comment, and they responded, "The Lindbergh / Demarcheiler photos released earlier this year was a special tribute shoot organized as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations for The Cal. This was a separate initiative to the release of the 2014 Calendar that has just been announced, being the unpublished 1986 Helmut Newton calendar. [We] decided to unveil this edition in this landmark year given Newton's iconic stamp on the fashion/photography worlds — and another cool coincidence is that the 1986 edition is actually usable as a Calendar in terms of dates lining up (for instance if the 1st September was a Sunday in 1986 it will be the same in 2014)." We'll give them that — it's a cool coincidence indeed! Click through for five teaser shots from the actual calendar."

22-11-2013
V.I.P.

alessandraambrosio Instagram

22-11-2013
fashion insider

Disappointing, but at least the pictures got published . . .

22-11-2013
fashion elite

24-11-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio and her husband Jamie Mazur took their cute children Anja and Noah out for a fun family lunch in Venice, California on Saturday
source: dailymail.co.uk

24-11-2013
V.I.P.

INC International Concepts

macys.com

24-11-2013
fashion insider

Alessandra shot the cover for The Edit (Net-a-Porter magazine) with Miguel Reveriego

24-11-2013
fashion insider

26-11-2013
V.I.P.

to ALL my fans @alesbeijos

instagram/alessandraambrosio

26-11-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio wears a $4,000 Chanel purse as she takes her daughter Anja for a spin around the block in LA on Sunday.

26-11-2013
fashion insider

Alessandra just had a studio shot with Giampaolo Sgura in Paris.

27-11-2013
V.I.P.

alessandraambrosio: End of a great shoot ... Con il mio amore @giampaolosgura #fashion #Paris #lovemyjob #cool

instagram/alessandraambrosio

28-11-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio looked chic and stylish in her all-black ensemble as she trekked home to LA from Paris in time to spend Thanksgiving with her family on Wednesday.

29-11-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio stepped out with her lookalike sister Aline and daughter Anja on Thursday in Brentwood .

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 2014, alessandra, ambrosio, august, september