How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-12-2013
V.I.P.

Love Advent: Day 20

20-12-2013
fashion insider

Ale doesn't have the best voice, does she . . . BUT she still looks so wonderfully cute and playful. Fingers crossed that Katie puts her in a campaign that she's styling. Although I haven't seen her style any campaign in a few seasons, but I'm hoping we see her in DSquared.

22-12-2013
V.I.P.

24-12-2013
fashion insider

Campaigns:
-Avon Far Away Fragrance
-Arkitect shot by Greg Lotus
-Ale by Alessandra shot by James Macari at Joshua Tree

Misc:
-Heidi Klum in the desert (most like Germany's Next Top Model)
-TV appearance with Ana BB

Editorial:
-W Magazine, shot by Mario Sorrenti, styled by Edward Enninful with Rosie HW
-Harper's Bazaar Russia cover + editorial shot in Beverly Hills
-LOVE styled by Panos Yiapanis, dark hair/bleached brows in Miami
-S Moda (cover + editorial) shot by Eric Guillemain in Venice Beach

Unknown:
-Mariano Vivanco shoot in Milan
-Giampaolo Sgura studio shoot in Paris
-Doutzen and Alessandra shoot in NYC

24-12-2013
V.I.P.

thanks God she's beyond cute and sexy.. otherwise

25-12-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a year filled with Love, Health and Happiness Desejando a todos um Feliz Natal e um ano com muito Amor, Saķde e Felicidade

Quote:
Noite Feliz, Noite Feliz ....

instagram.com/alessandraambrosio

25-12-2013
V.I.P.

Alessandra Ambrosio and her fiance Jamie Mazur were seen arriving at Soul Cycle in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Alessandra spread some holiday cheer by tweeting this sexy Santa snap

dailymail.co.uk

28-12-2013
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

28-12-2013
fashion insider

I've just been thinking about this and I have a feeling the thing she shot with Doutzen was a campaign, given that Richard claimed it was "rather good" and Ale used #topsecret to describe it. I think Cavalli is the only really big campaign left so I'm hopeful it's for that. Plus I think she would suit the collection perfectly.

Also I just found this interview with Carine from September with Fashionista:

Who’s your new favorite model?

My new favorite girls are the ones from Victoria’s Secret. I loved Gisele before and now I love Alessandra Ambrosio, and Miranda Kerr. I like them a little bit more curvy. Maybe they are not as easy for clothes, but I love them. And it’s my favorite fashion show of the year. Can you imagine?

http://fashionista.com/2013/09/carin...-normal-woman/

I hope she'll be featured in an upcoming Harper's Bazaar story soon!

30-12-2013
V.I.P.

Vintage ads
Roccobarocco 1999 campaign

Photographer: Jacques Olivar
Models: Alessandra Ambrosio, Natalia Vodianova, Massimilano Neri

instagram.com/maxkukai

Eva Riccobono Mariacarla Boscono Freja Beha Erichsen Jessica Stam Erin Wasson Alek Wek Liya Kebede Joan Smalls Yasmin Warsame Constance J. Jaquelyn J. Hanne Gaby Julia Stegner Lily Donaldson Kate Moss

31-12-2013
fashion elite

I do hope she dips into High Fashion a bit more in the upcoming year. In 2010 she really set her print in the modeling world by taking over the HF world by storm and keeping her commercial contracts. She is upon the ultimate commercial models of all time and at the end of the day the money a campaign offers is what drives this industry and what all models strive for, she knows how to pick her money jobs and doesn't need to do high fashion to make a living. Though it would be nice to see her with the extra exposure. Here is to a great 2014 for Alessandra in modeling, on top of being a great mom, business woman and public persona.

31-12-2013
V.I.P.

I can't wait for Holiday pics of her

31-12-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
I do hope she dips into High Fashion a bit more in the upcoming year. In 2010 she really set her print in the modeling world by taking over the HF world by storm and keeping her commercial contracts. She is upon the ultimate commercial models of all time and at the end of the day the money a campaign offers is what drives this industry and what all models strive for, she knows how to pick her money jobs and doesn't need to do high fashion to make a living. Though it would be nice to see her with the extra exposure. Here is to a great 2014 for Alessandra in modeling, on top of being a great mom, business woman and public persona.
I completely agree with you. I've been thinking about her career trajectory and I'm so proud of Ale. I think she said it best in an interview with ModTV when she was shooting the XOXO campaign, and she said that she's never wanted to have everything in her career at the same time, she's always seen it as a gradual climb to the top.

I think she was so smart to jump on VS as early as she did and make a name for herself (how many Brazilian girls from her era are still around and successful? Isabeli, Adriana, and her), even if it meant that she was practically exclusive to the brand for several years. I always believed in her and I couldn't understand how she had never been on a Vogue cover until 2006, and her FIRST Brazilian Vogue didn't come until 2010. I remember how underrated and misused she was during the days of GQ covers/Marie Claire editorials/catalog work. And then BOOM, she did her thing at Fashion Rocks in Rio and Katie Grand saw her potential, and she slayed every piece of high fashion work she touched. And she was so happy to finally be able to work with Mert and Marcus, walk in shows like Marc Jacobs, etc. I think in 2010 she proved that she is an in-demand model that carefully chooses her projects and that if she wants a HF career then she can succeed as well.

I thought it was premature that models.com put her on the Industry Icons list because her work isn't as prolific in HF, but honestly, she is going to be working for a LONG time. And you are right, she is one of the most successful commercial models of all times (lingerie, technology, pads haha). I think that while her kids are young she has chosen her commercial contracts, but I think she is ready to return to HF like in 2010. And I believe the HF clients know that her face SELLS.

I don't think Ale will ever be a Meisel favorite or walk McQueen, but there are a TON of clients that suit her perfectly (Versace, Cavalli, DSquared2, Alexander Wang, Balmain, etc.)and I want her to have a career like Laetitia Casta. I think her desire to start shooting more editorial has to do with the fact that with the launch of her clothing line she knows that she has to put her face out there in different markets (especially if her clothing line is to be internationally distributed). She is a business, and I am so hopeful for 2014. Here's to more covers (*cough Vogue *cough*), campaigns, and runways (fingers crossed for couture)!! Happy New Year!

05-01-2014
V.I.P.

Sunday morning ... First job of the year !!!! Hello 2014 !!! Here we go !! Domingo de manh„ , primeiro trabalho do ano !!! OlŠ 2014 !! Aquui vamos nůs ... Uhuhuhuh

instagram/alessandraambrosio

05-01-2014
fashion insider

It was for Vogue Brazil, but I get the feeling that it wasn't an editorial because Fernanda Motta, Tatiana, and that Gisele girl were also involved . . .

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, 2014, alessandra, ambrosio, august, september