How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-11-2007
V.I.P.

corbis

03-11-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Fashion At The Park: Backstage at Anne Klein, Newbie gets starstruck

Friday, 6:45 pm

I was feeling very Anna Wintour/VIP-like walking backstage when I spotted 2005 F!D/Kim Dawson Model Search winner Ali Michael and turned back into a stuttering fashion fan. I chatted with the top model (and rumored Teen Vogue cover girl, fingers crossed!), who is back in town to finish high school. (I also loved her scarf neck top from Rag and Bone and her Fiorentini and Baker wrap boots.)

She's coming off an amazing year, with opening the uber-important Lanvin show, walking in dozens more, including Chanel, and pages in W, New York Times Magazine, and, of course, the cover of F!D luxe.
dallasnews.com

03-11-2007
there is no fear

Yep her style rocks,and that Teen vogue cover rumor better be true!!!And Ali,your mom sure looks like a lot of people,uh?

03-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteshoes215 View Post
i want the link too!
as do I!

03-11-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Model Chat

Earlier this week, Eva noted one of her favorite models was Ali Michael, the 16-year-old Texan taking catwalks by storm. We noticed from the comments—and all the clicks at Fashionista—that you love her too, so I snagged her backstage at Anna Sui for an interview.

SO ALI, HOW'S YOUR SECOND FASHION WEEK? Definitely easier than the first! I remember last year, I was so nervous before every single show. Now I only get stressed out when I see some of the heels, but everything this time around is much, much easier, and I know some of the models and the makeup artists now, so it feels like you get to see your friends again. My mom is coming with me to all the shows, and that's really nice, too.
HOW DID YOU GET DISCOVERED? I was scouted by a modeling agency in Texas, where I'm from, and it really snowballed. It was like, "And now you're going to New York!" I was definitely scared, but I would never say no because it was such a great opportunity.
HAVE YOU ALWAYS KNOWN YOU COULD MODEL? Oh, absolutely not. I mean, I'm really tall, but I was never one of those girls, you know? I used to get teased about my huge eyebrows all the time when I was younger.
AND NOW YOU BOOK JOBS BECAUSE OF THEM! I know, but that's not something you understand when you're in middle school. You're just like, "Ah, leave me alone!" So no, I never grew up thinking I was going to be a model, but I really, really love doing it, and I definitely want to be part of the fashion industry for the rest of my life; I love it. I'd love to work at Teen Vogue someday, actually, or maybe as a stylist or creative director? Something behind-the-scenes. I feel so lucky that I get to see everything that goes on before a fashion show and a photo shoot; I'm learning so much that I'll use for the rest of my life.
WHAT ABOUT SCHOOL? School is hard right now. Texas has really strict laws about actually being present in class, you can't just do your work on the road and hand it in. So I did summer school last year so that I could finish two grades at once.
SMARTYPANTS. Well, I booked a job in London, so I didn't get to finish! But yes, I'm almost done with high school now. For my last year, we're probably going to home school me so that I can keep modeling.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS—DO THEY UNDERSTAND YOUR JOB? Not really. It's hard going back home sometimes, because the people you grew up with see you in magazines, and sometimes they have preconceptions about what you're like or what you do. But my real friends from home will always understand me.
YOU KNOW, THAT HAPPENS IN HIGH SCHOOL WHETHER YOU'RE A MODEL OR NOT. Yeah, I've definitely heard that. Or maybe I've read it in Teen Vogue...

September 14, 2007
teenvogue.com

03-11-2007
trendsetter

Thanks for the interview, castingcrowns!

03-11-2007
fashion elite

!!! ali is SO cute!
love love this girl.

03-11-2007
front row

didn't know that i've ever said i wanted to be a stylist or that i think i'm really tall..

Last edited by alimi; 03-11-2007 at 12:48 PM.

03-11-2007
backstage pass

^haha, interview people are stupid..

03-11-2007
oh! darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimi View Post
didn't know that i've ever said i wanted to be a stylist or that i think i'm really tall..
Journalists will do anything to bulk up or spice up an interview...

but I really think they didn't have to.

Ali, you're amazing as it! Everyone else is just... jealous

03-11-2007
V.I.P.

Ali you have FLAWLESS skin And amazing eyebrows! *jealous*

03-11-2007
backstage pass

Alright Everyone!! Ali's Facebook Group is up and ready!! So those of you who have facebook join the group... and those of you who don't join facebook anyways... its awesome and addicting! There is even a facebook thread here... for those TFS'ers that have facebook.

http://twu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13319090191

03-11-2007
trendsetter

i never knew you were a tFSer =D congrats on the success!

03-11-2007
V.I.P.

I joined! And added you Tierney!

03-11-2007
V.I.P.

Thanks for the article and she looks adorable there!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2009, ali, michael, october, september