How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-09-2007
VSFS 2009!

J'Adore FW 2007 HQs

A&C

03-09-2007
meow, meow.

^ Hauntingly beautiful

04-09-2007
there is no fear

omg tga,major karma!!!

05-09-2007
there is no fear

If nothing changed,Ali will be in BCBG show today

05-09-2007
fashion icon

the shows are starting! i'm so exciteddd!!!

05-09-2007
V.I.P.

^ you aren't the only one!

05-09-2007
backstage pass

I know everyone has been SO wonderful in saying nice things about Ali so when I say this I'm not referring to you guys... but if you have been wondering why Ali is not active on this thread or rather any thread it is because of the harsh comments she has read about her in other threads... like "which models look you just dont get" and others... but I know they really hurt her and I'm sure didnt help with her sef esteem... its so hard being a model with the constant rejection (just models in general) that it is the last thing you need is people critisizing (cant spell the world lol) or posting issues on weight, or basically saying that she shouldnt be modeling. I'm not just referring to Ali but others like Georgia... and I'm sure other models that have taken a peak... I asked her why she hasnt been so active... and she mentioned that she doesnt think its healthy for her to look any more. So becareful when saying comments about comments that may hurt the person... because you never know who may be reading them... and I'm sure if it were you up there and saw comments like those referring to you... you would be just as hurt and contribute to more insecurities... its tough being a model... with the constant regections as i mentioned before... you want to come home and feel safe from all of that... but only find your not. So again, this may not be referring to you because I have not seen ONE word of dislike of Ali only praise and wonderful words!! Just... in the future if you arent fond of a model... be careful about what you say... as will I... becuase it could really hurt the person :-(

I wish everyone on TFS could here this... especially on the weight threads and "which models you dont like/get the look of" you know? because I always read harsh comments on the threads of models... like catherine mcneils and georgia frosts... and some others... and I always feel bad. I just wish they would understand and pay attention... whether they like them or not... they are still human beings and have the same emotions and insecurties as the rest of us? It just saddens me sometimes and makes my heart go out to them.

On a good note... I CANT WAIT to see Ali in the shows! She mentioned she got quite a couple although she didnt think it wise to tell me even though i'm a friend of hers and have been for a while... i wouldnt post them... but you know its best to just be sure, careful, and the suprise is always the best!! hehe. GO ALI!!! We are all rooting for you! (even if you arent reading this haha)

Last edited by Tierney; 05-09-2007 at 12:02 PM.

05-09-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierney View Post
I know everyone has been SO wonderful in saying nice things about Ali so when I say this I'm not referring to you guys... but if you have been wondering why Ali is not active on this thread or rather any thread it is because of the harsh comments she has read about her in other threads... like "which models look you just dont get" and others... but I know they really hurt her and I'm sure didnt help with her sef esteem... its so hard being a model with the constant rejection (just models in general) that it is the last thing you need is people critisizing (cant spell the world lol) or posting issues on weight, or basically saying that she shouldnt be modeling. I'm not just referring to Ali but others like Georgia... and I'm sure other models that have taken a peak... I asked her why she hasnt been so active... and she mentioned that she doesnt think its healthy for her to look any more. So becareful when saying comments about comments that may hurt the person... because you never know who may be reading them... and I'm sure if it were you up there and saw comments like those referring to you... you would be just as hurt and contribute to more insecurities... its tough being a model... with the constant regections as i mentioned before... you want to come home and feel safe from all of that... but only find your not. So again, this may not be referring to you because I have not seen ONE word of dislike of Ali only praise and wonderful words!! Just... in the future if you arent fond of a model... be careful about what you say... as will I... becuase it could really hurt the person :-(
No offense, but part of being a model is being able to handle constructive critisism and realise that not everyone is going to love you. I'm not saying we should all sit here and bash the models we don't like, but we should def. be able to speak our minds in a respectful way, and if unfortunetaly what we think is that a model isn't fabulous, then either they can choose not to read it (like Ali is doing) or just ignore it. You can't sit here and ask us not to be open with how we feel about the models, it's not our problem if they're too insecure or easily offended or whatever.

05-09-2007
V.I.P.

Well, Ali is wonderful and should know that we all like and support her.

How about a guessing game?...Which adorable model just did the BCBG show?

05-09-2007
backstage pass

Ali!!!!!!!!!!!

05-09-2007
V.I.P.

Ding Ding Ding

05-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iximisspiggyixi View Post
No offense, but part of being a model is being able to handle constructive critisism and realise that not everyone is going to love you. I'm not saying we should all sit here and bash the models we don't like, but we should def. be able to speak our minds in a respectful way, and if unfortunetaly what we think is that a model isn't fabulous, then either they can choose not to read it (like Ali is doing) or just ignore it. You can't sit here and ask us not to be open with how we feel about the models, it's not our problem if they're too insecure or easily offended or whatever.
Many comments made on SC are obviously rude to be rude
I can totally understand Ali deos'nt want to read that because it's really unecessary, it hurts for NOTHING
especially in the "model whose appeal you 'll never get" thread

"we should def. be able to speak our minds in a respectful way" you're totally right, that's just a pity some people don't understand something like that...

Last edited by mariemaud; 05-09-2007 at 12:11 PM.

05-09-2007
trendsetter

BCBG SS08

She was one of the few models that actually looked good.

catwalking

05-09-2007
backstage pass

i would stay on forever hahaha but i have to get ready for class... grrrr i need to take a shower, blow dry my hair, straighten my hair, pick out an outfit, put on makeup... usually i start getting ready by 11:00 and takes me till like 1:00 haha how sad is that! but TFS was calling my name and sucked me in lol. it does that to us all the time! haha adictive adictive! do you know when the pictures will be posted? i'm hoping by the time i get back around 4 or 5... they will be posted!!!

05-09-2007
backstage pass

hahaha great timing!!! SHE LOOKS GORGEOUSSSS and so much older! she does remind me a bit of Natalia in that photo.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2009, ali, michael, october, september