How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2010
User Friendly

Allegra Summerfield
Unique beauty with IMG, featured on MDC

Quote:
Her name is Allegra and she is a new American beauty docked at IMG, hitting the New Faces circuit in NYC for the first time. She looks like no other girl on the market right this minute and carries with her a spirit of gentle elegance that renders her rare beauty even more precious.

source: models.com

03-09-2010
An die Freude.

Quote:
ALLEGRA SUMMERFIELD AT IMG: A RELEVANT BEAUTY
I met Allegra last night at an IMG New Faces brief where the girls were given a kind of impromptu seminar on how to navigate the high stress maze that is a model's first fashion week. It was lovely seeing luminaries like KCD's Nian Fish and a casting director like Ashley Brokaw as well as therapists and nutritionists being so kind and clear with the girls as to what to expect on their casting rounds. It was a good evening with a good energy and I struck up a conversation with Allegra after an agent introduced her. Earlier I had been snooping around the development board (because my true love in this industry is development boards ) and I had been struck by the sharp beauty Allegra displayed on her comp card. Allegra and I talked about New York and its openess to different ideas of beauty, the drama of bad hairdressers who had damaged her hair resulting in the brilliant decision to just crop it all...her sweet gratitude about being included among "all these beautiful girls" . A girl with gorgeous features and a shaved head is a fantastic proposition because there is so much you can do with the visual. High 70's chic, 90's androgyne, a TankGirl redux...an imaginative stylist, editor , photographer or designer could really carry on with this feeling. But even better than the look is Ms Summerfield's personality. Her ambiance was very delicate, open and affecting. I kinda just ended up adoring her...innocence and newness. Girls like this are what make me want to keep doing my job.

theimagist.com

04-09-2010
the mysteries

lovely.

tfs star

^New favorite...she's VERY special indeed. Love her vibe.

V.I.P.

It might be stupid to contrast her to Sinead O'Connor simply because of the shaved head so I won't make that connection but rather on that equal amount of emotion sent through their faces. Even if you watch "Nothing Compares to You" without sound, you get the storyline.

It's one thing for the eyes to photograph pretty and appealing but it's a whole different story to engage the viewer through the eyes. That and her chiseled features embody a sort of elegance that is refreshing and intriguing and mastering how to use all those elements together make not only for a powerful look but a powerful girl.

05-09-2010
tfs star

^You just summed up her appeal perfectly @ax80. Kudos.

front row

to be honest i did not understand it when i saw her mdc polaroids
but i just looked at her entire book at img
and she is exquisite

06-09-2010
User Friendly

These two shots are quite an eye catcher..

source: IMG

06-09-2010
tfs star

Soulful and stunning...what a combo. Will she be walking this season or is IMG still just building the buzz?

User Friendly

She has no showcard, but I think she is probably going to be doing the castings no? I don't see why an agency would build up a girl's buzz 1 season in advance..

06-09-2010
tfs star

^Very true, just reread the post above which stated she will be doing NY castings..just not sure how IMG handles their development board in terms of fashion week. An exclusive for a blue-chip show would be a lovely introduction (CK/Marc/Prada/Balenciaga/Givenchy). Hope she's got a powerful strut to match her image)? Fingers crossed for Allegra.

Last edited by zoom; 06-09-2010 at 03:27 AM.
06-09-2010

She's definitely doing castings - just saw her over the weekend

06-09-2010
front row

I really dislike those polas, but the nudes are STUNNING. It will be interesting to see her at NYFW.

front row

^ i agree, like 100%
the polaroids are borderline bad actually
i hate what she's wearing too

07-09-2010
V.I.P.

I agree that her polas not do her any justice - but, me oh my those are some impressive tests

Tags
allegra, summerfield