How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-05-2010
Just keep running...

That outfit she's wearing in the last shots isn't very flattering, you'd think for cards they'd make an effort with her! But what a shock. Her face though looks just as fabulous as ever, and with the current hype surrounding plus girls hopefully she'll help pull them onto high fashion catwalks!

14-05-2010
you set the scene

^That would be interesting to see... the unique thing about this is that Alyona already has high fashion success and she knows what's expected at that level. She has a much better change of being active in high fashion than the typical plus girl, and even a better chance than Crystal I'd say.

14-05-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestmagique View Post
^That would be interesting to see... the unique thing about this is that Alyona already has high fashion success and she knows what's expected at that level. She has a much better change of being active in high fashion than the typical plus girl, and even a better chance than Crystal I'd say.

It's actually not that unique anymore to go fr. straight model to plus-sized.
Amy Lemons was a Vogue cover girl and Edita was a successful straight model.

Like others have said Alyona is not really plus-sized. I think a size 10 is caught in that kind of awkward range -- not quite plus sized but not straight sized.

16-05-2010
front row

I do hope that Alyona's move will go some way towards changing the perception that a 'plus size' division in a model agency is some kind of fashion purgatory. It'll be interesting to see what kind of work she gets, given that her experience so far has mostly been known to be at the high-fashion/editorial end of things.

That said, the second set of Polaroids has her in a seriously unflattering outfit, but she looks great in the bikini shots. If it wasn't for the full-body shots and the info that she switched over to plus-size, I would not have known.

16-05-2010
V.I.P.

Guys, I had to remove a couple of comments for weight talk, I know it's hard in this particular moment of Alyona's career but please take explicit commentary on her body to the assigned area in Rumor Has It.
-----

Drusilla, I totally echo your sentiments on this, my first reaction was a bit of a heartbreak, thinking the decision to place her in that 'plus-size' division would only translate as a huge limit to her career. As days go by and I warm up to such a sudden change, I can say I'm more than intrigued on how this will be digested... even if it might be yet another fickle trend from the industry, plus-size models seem to be gaining more territory every season and I think Alyona's versatility and looks are the best ambassadors to prove how clothes and diverse styling can look equally amazing in a girl that doesn't necessarily meet some established measurements and who's as stunning and unique as someone who does. So, in that aspect, I'm very happy and even proud for her, for taking such a brave and smart direction in her career and 'risking' it by being herself while not quitting the game and not being afraid of making a statement about a woman's body in an industry that seems mostly led by men with some interesting ideas about how we should look. I've been a fan of Alyona since her first testshoots, she always struck me as a quiet, smart girl who can tell the difference between what's important and what really isn't.. I'm glad she's proved to be all that.

I do have a few complaints however!, and they would be the unflattering 'woke up at 2 pm' atmosphere in the pictures, the lighting and of course, the reason I unsubscribed to this last year: that horrible blonde and plain jane haircut. I think she's look amazing with a darker shade or at least the brown-ish tone she had during her first seasons (shown below).. this current blonde is eating up all her features and skin tone and makes her look so washed out.

[style.com]

V.I.P.

High quality photos from her editorial in Numero, Sonate.

philpoynter

fashion elite

I guess Mega Models didn't hear the news. Alyona has a showcard for Berlin with her old proportions.

15-06-2010
tfs star

^
Here's the showcard for Berling Spring 2011 (Mega Models):

models.com

V.I.P.

wanna see her on the catwalk again! Even in Berlin!!!!

17-06-2010
V.I.P.

I don't think she's going to walk. Actually I'm sure.

tfs star

Playing Fashion - №6 July-August 2010

facebook

25-06-2010
Tobias Funke

Wow.. . That's such a pretty cover, she has such a nice smile.

NeverNude
25-06-2010
you set the scene

^She really does. Beautiful features.

25-06-2010
V.I.P.

^^ Such a cute smile! I hope that at least she will appear in Berlin

25-06-2010
I love you too

Do you know guys that she is dating a man behind Max Mara? In the new Russian Bazaar there is a story about their apartment in NY

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alyona, osmanova