How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2010
fashion elite

An article from 2007. She was discovered through a Sugar Magazine modelling competition.

Quote:
A FORRES teenager currently studying at Aberdeen City Music School, has won through to the final of a modelling competition being run by a teen magazine.

advertising

Former Moray Steiner School pupil, Amber Anderson (14), who plays violin and piano, is featured in a photoshoot in the March issue of the "Sugar" teen magazine along with the five other finalists who qualified.

She is now hoping that readers will vote for her ahead of the other finalists to be the winner of the 2007 Sugar Magazine Rimmel London Model Competition, an annual event which scours the UK to find the teen face of "Sugar" magazine.

Amber and the other girls were chosen from almost 11,000 entries, by a panel of judges from the magazine and ICM Models, which represents a number of top supermodels.

Her dad Nick, who lives in Forres, said that she was keen to pursue a career in the performance arts industry and was trying to take it all in her stride.

"She is finding the whole thing very exciting," he said. "Especially the possibility of a modelling career."

He told the "Forres Gazette" that Amber had gone on the train to a roadshow event being held in the Braehead Shopping Centre in Glasgow last October to enter the competition after being dared by a friend, and made quite an impression.

"While she was waiting in the queue she was approached by a talent scout who saw her," he said. "She did the competition and ended up as a finalist. She went down to London in November for the photoshoot."

Annabel Brog, who is magazine editor, said Amber caught the eye of the judges because of her striking natural good looks.

"So many of the girls who entered the competition in Glasgow were stunning and the overall standard was exceptional this year," she said. "But forced to select just six, we felt that Amber has that spark that could lead to a career in modelling and had the look that best represents the Sugar reader."

Ellis, Director of ICM Models said Amber had a beautiful smile, a fresh and natural face, a lovely personality and was driven to succeed.

Amber Anderson -hoping to become the face of 'Sugar' magazine.

Amber said that she had thoroughly enjoyed the competition so far.

"The Sugar shoot was amazing," she said. "The other girls were such a laugh and the make-up artist taught me how to do smoky eyes. I'd love it if Sugar readers voted for me. I'd love to model professionally and it would mean so much to me to win this competition."

Amber has wanted to be a model for years but didn't think she had what it takes, until a friend persuaded her to enter the competition. If she doesn't make it as a model she wants to be a classical pianist or actress and says Erin O'Connor and Claudia Schiffer are her most admired models.

Amber is the only Scottish finalist in the competition and is hoping to win against the other finalists: Lisa Sabel (14) from Manchester, Francesca Thomas (15) from Sheffield, Leah Rose (14) from Basingstoke, Sian Morgan (14) from Merseyside and Emily McLeish (14) from Leicester.

Sugar readers will now vote for their favourite from the six girls and whoever wins will have a starring role in a Sugar beauty story and the chance of a modelling contract with top agency "ICM Models" which represent supermodels such as Claudia Schiffer, Lizzy Jagger, Erin O'Connor, Elizabeth Hurley and Helena Christensen.

Readers can vote for their favourite finalist on the website: http://www.sugarmagazine.co.uk/modelcomp. The competition closes at midnight on Tuesday, February 20 when votes will be counted and the winner will be announced.

Sugar is published by Hachette Filipacchi UK and sells 200,187 copies a month and is read by nearly 800,000 teenagers.
forres-gazette.co.uk

11-10-2010
V.I.P.

Was flipping through the ginormity that is VI Sept 2010 and noticed a familiar face!

Vogue Italia Beauty, September 2010
ph: Sølve Sundsbø

*managementartists.com

V.I.P.

tessmanagement

12-10-2010
V.I.P.

Christopher Kane (O) S/S 2011 London - fmag

22-10-2010
V.I.P.

Love her look
Her Italian Vogue shot is gorgeous, reminds of Rasa, same kind of vibe

She's with OUI Management in Paris

22-10-2010
starving hysterical naked

^ Amazing polaroids, from their Facebook page :

23-10-2010
V.I.P.

I'm adoring this girl from what I've seen so far! These last two shots are just super lovely.

V.I.P.

^^ Those polas are beautiful, she has really nice bone structure. Can't wait to see more from her!

26-10-2010
backstage pass

sleepy face and gorgeous.

26-10-2010
windowshopping

Indie Magazine - Burn It Down And Start Again
INDIE MAGAZINE - BURN IT DOWN AND START AGAIN
Photography by Arfan Naeem
Styling Paul Joyce

http://arfannaeem.com/

Last edited by AS TEARS GO BY; 26-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.
26-10-2010
the power of will

I saw these polaroids and I've been searching for her name since than She has a look of a doll with a doll face, but in fact it looks like she's hiding something naughty (the look is completed with her pose in the first polaroid ). I haven't even realised this is all the same girl, who I've seen at Kane and in VI!

Stop wherever you find yourself.
26-10-2010
lost in thought

I feel like she has the ability to transform herself. I also couldn't believe she's the same girl from the VI ed who did Christopher Kane as well. Must be her artistic skills. Such an interesting girl.

Her biggest feature must be her gaze. It can go from sultry, to sleepy, to intensive... you name it. She knows how to channelize it.

Looking forward to her. I hope she does more because so far, her printwork has been very interesting.

26-10-2010
V.I.P.

Maybe she's good at channelling moods and that sort of thing because she's also an actress:
"Oh-so-talented Amber is not only an up and coming model, but also an actress and accomplished classical musician. A girl you definitely need to think of as the consummate triple threat, Amber has already been featured in Italian Vogue (photographed by Solve Sundsbo) and opened the Christopher Kane show in London this past fashion week. She currently has a film out called Lotus Eaters, and next year will star alongside Natalie Portman in Your Highness. Consider this your Amber alert!"

models.com - half of the 'Daily Duo' on Oct 26

V.I.P.

Only two of the images accompanying these words haven't been posted:

models.com

V.I.P.

There's not much info around on the Lotus Eaters film. Here's the imdb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734580/

There's more info about Your Highness (also starring Zooey Deschanel and James Franco ):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1240982/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amber, anderson