How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

THOM BROWNE FALL 2012 Paris Backstage

vman

08-02-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Serbian model Andrej Pejic strikes a pose on a rooftop ahead of New York Fashion Week - and braves a bandage bikini.

He's starred in advertising campaigns for push-up bras, modelled haute couture wedding gowns down the catwalk and graced the covers of countless style magazines, so striking a pose in a bandage swimsuit is all in a day's work for Andrej Pejic.

The 20 year-old took model to a rooftop in New York City with photographer Sebastien Micke today, showcasing the itsy-bitsiest two-piece we've seen in a long time.

At first glance, the Serbian-born male could just be any other androgynous female, thin-limbed and flat-chested. But his trademark moles on the right-hand side of his face betray him as the male model who's been stealing top assignments from the under the nose of his female counterparts.

Having joked in the past that he would consider a sex change for a Victoria's Secret contract - the American lingerie giant picks the sexiest most beautiful women in the world as brand ambassadors - Pejic has no plans to change the sexuality he was born with.

Represented by Storm Models - the same agency as Kate Moss - Pejic was catapulted into modelling high-end women's fashion by none other than Carine Roitfeld, the revolutionary former editor of Vogue Paris.

"Put him in Fendi!'" is what Pejic recalls Roitfeld saying unexpectedly on the shoot she was styling for the magazine. "My agency did ask me if I was comfortable with it, but I've been dressing in skirts since I was very little, so for me it was, 'Of course.'"

Since getting his big break, Pejic has been hired by a slew of luxury fashion houses. French designer Jean Paul Gaultier asked the blonde to walk in his catwalk shows and star in his spring/summer 2012 ad campaign, whilst Marc by Marc Jacobs also cast him in their summer adverts.
telegraph.co.uk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andrej-pejic-ap-1_2132408a.jpg (274.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg andrej-embed_2132418a.jpg (194.3 KB, 27 views)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

Domenico + Savio SS12 Collection

mensmodelstalk

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

mensmodelstalk

09-02-2012
tfs star

Cute with Karlie

Fierce with Nicolas

and GREAT in that blue bikini

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

New York F/W 12: DNA

models

13-02-2012
V.I.P.

V.I.P.

Numero TOKYO March 2012
androgynous fairy-tale

mensmodelstalk

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

madame FIGARO japaon March 2012

mensmodelstalk

18-02-2012
V.I.P.

^^ ooh la la !

V.I.P.

London F/W 12: Storm

models

20-02-2012
rising star

Quote:
Andrej Pejic leaves them for dead in cozzies for men and women

THERE are no boundaries - gender or otherwise - for Broady boy turned international model Andrej Pejic.

The androgynous head-turner was back home yesterday to model the latest swimwear collection for avant garde Australian designer Nathan Paul.

The only difference? Pejic yesterday modelled both mens and womenswear for Paul’s Spring/Summer 2012/2013 collection.

“It is out there, thought provoking and sexual and very virgin-like too,” Pejic said of the Aussie cozzies.

The model, who missed NYFW last week to shoot a campaign in Paris as the face of a major fragrance, has modelled everything from Jean Paul Gaultier’s bridal range to women’s lingerie.

Pejic said morphing into his feminine side was not too hard.

“I am comfortable to do a lot of things,” he said at the Day of the Dead-themed shoot at Richmond restaurant Mexicali Rose.

“I think it is definitely more intimidating and revealing. I have to bring out the sort of sexy side, but it is a lot of fun.

“You have to come to a place where you just let go and I have come to that place already.

“There are no gender boundaries and no other boundaries of any sort. We don’t like that.”

Pejic’s Chadwick Models agent Joseph Tenni said the Serbian Australian was a superstar.

“He got more covers last year than any other Australian model, by far, and any other male model in the world,” Tenni said.

“I think he can achieve a lot more in the Australian market.”

Designer Paul said he felt Pejic was the right look for his brand and loved his edgy style. “I didn’t do it for controversy.”
heraldsun.com.au

20-02-2012
rising star

Quote:
He’s Got the Look

The boy from Broady Andrej Pejic knows it’s all just marketing but is happy to be used to promote tolerance along the way.

IT HAS been two crazy, momentous years since Bosnian-born Broadmeadows teen Andrej Pejic left his mother and set off to try his luck as a fashion model. Now he’s all of 20, and a bona fide global sensation.

Pejic is fashion’s most famous ”femiman”, its girly boy, an intriguing, at times enraging, controversy on two long, lovely legs.

Yesterday, the snake-hipped beauty with the ratty mass of pale girly curls, interrupted a rare visit home to pose in the grungy cool of Richmond’s Mexicali Rose restaurant for local swimsuit brand Nathan Paul.

”I’ve grown up a lot in these two years,” he confided. ”I’ve become more independent. I’ve expanded my horizons.” Between shots of boardshorts for boys and maillots cut high over the hip and skimpy for girls (he nonchalantly swapped from one to another and back again), he talked about his strange and fabulous life.

”I think I’m a reflection of a cultural phenomenon,” he said carefully. ”It’s marketing, but there’s a plus: people use me to send a message of tolerance and to explore different types of beauty and self-expression.”

Pejic’s beautiful face is a confusing ingredient in campaigns by some of fashion’s most powerful global brands: Marc Jacobs, Raf Simons, Vogue magazines, even a global perfume campaign he shot recently for a launch in August.

His infamous appearance as a bride in a sheer, rippling goddess gown for Jean Paul Gaultier in Paris last year whipped up controversy.

But the Boy from Broady confused the masses even more cruelly when he appeared ”topless” on the cover of New York’s Dossier magazine. Stockists in the US demanded the magazine be sold in an opaque plastic sleeve, making Pejic possibly the first man in history to have his nipples censored.

”I wasn’t complaining, that got me a lot of press,” he says. ”But, an artistic image, even of a woman’s body, I don’t think should be censored.”

His mum, Jadranka, a former lawyer, now relief teacher, sits quietly nearby. She sees him so little these days, it’s enough just to be close while he’s working: ”I miss my baby,” she says.

Her insights into the remarkable young man now twisting and pouting for a photographer, his flat creamy belly exposed in a knotted Nathan Paul T-shirt and tight swim briefs, are refreshingly simple. ”Andrej was such a good kid, what every parent wants: quiet, a good student, homework on time …”

The Pejics migrated to Australia from a Bosnian Serb refugee camp when Andrej was eight, and his brother Igor, 10. While he learned English and acclimatised to life at Broadmeadows West primary, his mother remembers Andrej was shy and kept his predilection for dolls and girly things to himself.

”I did try to be more boyish,” he remembers. ”I tried to play sport, talk less.” There was little or no bullying at school. ”I was happy. I was in a loving home, allowed to do all the girly things I wanted.”

His mother remembers a kind of epiphany when her son shifted from Broadmeadows to University High School. There his feminine side was not only tolerated but celebrated.

”All of a sudden, Andrej exploded!” Mrs Pejic hoots at the memory. ”Andrej wanted pink hair, Andrej wanted makeup, Andrej wanted to go out …” Pejic remembers it, too: ”I said ‘f—- it’, and started expressing the way I felt. I got more friends if anything, became more popular. I think people are more attracted to you when you’re confident, more yourself. You shine more and people want to touch the light.”

Pejic says his loneliness and homesickness is subsiding. ”In this industry it’s easy to meet people,” he says. ”Now I have a lot of friends: models, make-up artists, designers.”

Fashion is also notorious for sycophants and fakes. He has ways of weeding these out of his peer group. ”There are a lot of inflated egos,” he laughs. ”But, if you become like that then that’s the sort of people you attract. I’m still very approachable. I want to have all kinds of people in my life, not just the cool fashion crowd.”
smh.com.au

21-02-2012
V.I.P.

Andrej is today in the german TV-Show (Das perfekte Model) with KK - he had a shooting with KK-girls - he looks perfect in that show and very prof

22-02-2012
backstage pass

Here is a link to a site with a vid of KK and Andrej talking backstage about the shoot at "Das perfekte Model":

http://www.vox.de/medien/sendungen/d...der-maske.html

(no worries - the vid is in English, you only gotta see some short German commercial first off )

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
andrej, andreja, pejic