How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2012
V.I.P.

Happy Birthday, Andrej!

02-09-2012
rising star

Andrej and Niki Manray groove. Seemingly they are good friends.

Published on Mar 27, 2012 by Sheila 212

04-09-2012
front row

This is going to sound so ignorant and I want to punch myself for admitting this but when it comes to Andrej's work, I really liked it better when she was a boy who looked like a girl. I dont know how everyone feels here but I know Im not the only one elsewhere.

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

^we talked about it a few pages back, a bunch of us agree with you :/
imo it doesn´t sound ignorant, after all he is a boy who can look like a girl... the more girly he looks the less I like his work. Someone said -I´m paraphrasing- that he looks like an average female model...

04-09-2012
V.I.P.

^^I totally agree. I thought he was way more interesting. Now that he can easily be mistaken for a girl he's not as intriguing as a model.

Last edited by Nepenthes; 04-09-2012 at 01:22 PM.

04-09-2012
front row

Yes. He does look very average as a girl. He is a boy but all of his photog fashion friends (on twitter and instagram and whatnot) refer to him as "She" now and only as "she" and "her".

He doesn't correct them so it leads me to believe this is Andrej's preferred pronoun (which is fine). It's too excessive for me to think that they're only joking as well. If he wants to be called "she" that's perfectly fine in real life, but Im speaking soley on him as a model.

I feel if he were a biological female, however, he wouldn't get any work really.

That's why I feel he may get a lot less work now as the average female model than he did when he was a girly boy. As a girl, he just isn't that special to me.

Last edited by crapefets; 04-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.
04-09-2012
front row

totally agreed. i just hope he gets more work that styles him more androg, but maybe he is, and hes just turning them down :/

05-09-2012
rising star

In my view Andrej always looked like a female model (may be because of his hair) no matter what he worn even strictly men s clothing, exept for his topless appearances. Nevertheless his latter-day striking womanly style is a bit too thick and boring.

05-09-2012
front row

DJscribbles, with all due respect to Andrej, I don't think Andrej is in a place to turn down work. Recently, someone posted a photoshoot (on tumblr) that Andrej did in his boyfriend's basement. When most of your most recent work consists of free photoshoots youre doing for your boyfriend's independent clothing brand? You probably shouldnt turn down any paying gigs. We'll have to see what shows Andrej books. Maybe we'll eat our words.

07-09-2012
front row

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2012...-runway-shows/

So no more Runway for Andrej Pejic. He says so in that article. Not enough pay.

07-09-2012
V.I.P.

^wow! take it easy! he had how many seasons? 2, 3? and he´s not working that much doing ads/editorials... is it clever to stop doing runway? or he doesn´t get cast anymore and that´s just an excuse...? :/

07-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^wow! take it easy! he had how many seasons? 2, 3? and he´s not working that much doing ads/editorials... is it clever to stop doing runway? or he doesn´t get cast anymore and that´s just an excuse...? :/
Yeah..I don't know what to make of that. He jokes a lot but the truth is I haven't seen him on a runway since jpg . I've seen very little recent work so I'm not sure where these big bucks are coming from. If he really is turning down work because of the measly pay then that's not too bright in my opionion

Last edited by crapefets; 07-09-2012 at 07:20 PM.
14-09-2012
front row

Blonde beauty, Andrej Pejic, was noticeably absent from the NYFW runways. Rumor has it, he won't be hitting the catwalk anytime soon because the design houses aren't willing to pay him enough. One show we definitely expect to see him walk in, though, is Jean Paul Gaultier during Paris Fashion Week. Pejic is a long-time muse to Gaultier and is set to star as the face of Gaultier's upcoming fragrance. We'll see if he turns up on the runway in Paris.

Source
http://www.fashion-law.org/2012/09/a...s-runways.html

Because design houses won't pay him enough? Ego! He can't possible be making a lot of money from photoshoots in his boyfriends basement or with the very little editorial work he's done. What a way to kill your career. I hope that's not true.

He was my favorite Girly boy of the last few years...

Last edited by crapefets; 14-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
15-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
At the @Muse_mag party
poplipps

16-09-2012
rising star

Garage Magazine #3 Fall/Winter 2012

3731e6b05c27fd4dd24518a4e8cbf579.jpg

3f8e6ac076da83d2152b3ace8bcb2bce.jpg

garagemag.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »