How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2012
trendsetter

^I'm positive it is her as well, did they have 2 separate presentations?

27-01-2012
trendsetter

It's been confirmed she was part of the Givenchy two day presentation!
AND
She was at the Christophe Josse HC show!

parisgirlcouture

27-01-2012
trendsetter

Christophe Josse HC S/S 2012 Paris:

theempressofdress

27-01-2012
trendsetter

SOURCE: stuff.co.nz

Quote:
She has barely six months of modelling under her belt, but Kiwi Anmari Botha is already making waves in the international fashion world.

Discovered by Red Eleven general manager Peter Langford-Read at the age of 12, Botha didn't actually start working as a model until last year.

"She looked like a new born giraffe on roller skates" says Red Eleven director Amanda Betts of the 12-year old Botha.

"[Peter] spotted her horse riding. She was painfully shy, but he really believed in her."

One of her first jobs was at last year's New Zealand Fashion Week, where she was picked out by top Kiwi stylists Karen Inderbitzen-Waller and Dan Ahwa. They later used Botha in several fashion photo shoots.

Botha has only been in Paris two weeks, but has already been booked for the haute couture shows, including Giambattista Valli, Christophe Josse, and the prestigious two-day Givenchy presentation.

Supported by Red Eleven and international manager Michael Hooker of MHI, Botha is now represented by IMG Worldwide and is expected to begin "the circuit".

That will see her travel to Paris, Milan, New York and London following each city's fashion week.

If she does well, a small stint in modelling could set Botha up for life. "She has the potential to earn a huge amount of money over there. The sky is the limit" says Betts.

"It's so overwhelming and exciting to see a girl you've worked so hard on for years do so well. It's so great because she's a girl we've started right from scratch. We've built her from pretty much zero to this in seven months. It's phenomenal" says Betts.

Betts admits that she and her team feel like a mother hen with Botha.

"She goes overseas and lands this straight off the bat, straight after finishing school. All the hard work, coaching and tears have paid off. And believe me, there have been tears. But it's worth it, she is realising her dream."

At 5'11", Botha's height is helping her snag her couture jobs. Haute couture designs are very intricate and elaborate, styles that often only the most imposing models can pull off.

Botha joins other New Zealand models Caitlin Lomax, Lili Sumner, Zoe Dunstan, Sakura, Ella Drake, and Emma Chantaloup on the international circuit.

27-01-2012
trendsetter

Just realised she closed the show!

fashionising

Last edited by nzkiwiboy; 27-01-2012 at 12:59 AM.
27-01-2012
trendsetter

nowfashion

28-01-2012
trendsetter

Giambattista Valli Haute Couture S/S 2012 Video:

She appears at 2:39.

31-01-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Anmari Botha is one of my favorite local models to work with - I've worked on a few different projects with her over the past year since she started modeling (including one of her first). Not only is she a gorgeous, statuesque blonde but she always gives 110%. Naturally both these attributes (amongst many) have sent her in Paris, where she's popped up in the recent couture presentations. It is amazing to see her doing so well so soon, and the young Miss Botha was kind enough to take the time to answer a few questions about her her trip is going - and tell us what those Givenchy nose rings really felt like to wear.

How is Paris going? Paris is great! I'm really enjoying it. When I first arrived I was terribly scared and homesick because I knew no one here and felt very lonely but each day got better as I made new friends and began exploring the city.
What are some of the most exciting things you have worked on while you've been there?
I haven't been here that long and most of the days I've been running around trying to get to castings. But I suppose the wedding dress I wore from Christophe Josse was pretty exciting. I swear I've never had so many cameras pointed at me. The dress was beautiful and there was a lot of commotion about it. I loved the adrenaline rush just before going on the runway.
Tell us all about Givenchy? Especially those nose rings! (Anmari did the couture presentation)
Givenchy. was. amazing. I did a two day presentation in a hotel where the new collection was displayed. There were 2 girls walking around and the rest of the outfits where hanging in separate rooms. The dress I wore was absolutely spectacular! It is made from crocodile scales (12 crocodiles went into making it!) I felt slightly sadistic wearing a family of crocodiles haha. But the craftsmanship is truly amazing! The nose rings were interesting. they are more comfortable than they look to be honest.. just eating with them was a slight problem.

Is France a culture shock after being in New Zealand (and South Africa this summer)?
France is beautiful but VERY different to my southern hemisphere homes. I find it harder to communicate with the locals (besides the language barrier) they are generally not the friendliest bunch but they've grown on me and you just learn to laugh at them.
Have you bumped into anyone particularly interesting or memorable over there?
Bumped into anyone interesting?? um just casually Cameron Diaz at Givenchy. no biggie Also my friend Caitlin Lomax was sent over from NY to do the Chanel show so i was sooo happy to have a familiar face to hang with.
What differences have you noticed about the industry in Paris and the industry here in New Zealand?
Over here its a lot more fast paced. You can't complain or refuse ANYTHING or you won't get anywhere. If you want to get anywhere in the fashion industry you have to be determined and really want it! I pretty face will get you no where. But i suppose its the same in NZ just taken a bit to the next level.

You haven't been modeling that long, I remember working with you on a shoot a year ago when you were just starting out. How have you found this whirlwind first year?
I've only been modeling for about a year and a half now. Just leapt into it really. 2012 is going to be amazing. I've been stressed out of my mind already but I've learnt to handle it. I can't really tell what will happen in the next couple of months but I'm off to a good start! so fingers crossed.
What are some moments that stand out the most?
Moments that stand out? I would say meeting new and interesting people while I'm at shows or going to castings. I've made a few good friends and hope to make more.
Are there any more surprising things you have learnt?
Yes. When you ask for a coffee here don't expect to get milk with it. Here coffee you drink black and with a lump of sugar. Also if there is no light at a pedestrian crossing you have to wait until the cars have passed. Pedestrians don't have right of way here.
How long are you in Paris for? And where to next?
I'm not sure how long I will be staying for. perhaps 2 or 3 months, maybe more, i can't say. All depends on how well I do. Milan is a possibility but not 100%. We will see what the future holds when then time comes.

SOURCE: rag-pony.com

PS: If anyone could find photos of her at Givenchy, it'd be gladly appreciated!

31-01-2012
V.I.P.

Givenchy Haute Couture S/S 2012 Paris

kasiabobula.blogspot.com

tmagazine.blogs.nytimes

31-01-2012
trendsetter

^Thank you so much!

12-02-2012
fashion elite

Will she be doing NYFW? I know she didn't get a showcard but i'm sure she'll walk at least some few shows. I mean she's amazing!
Edit : Oops i realised she hasn't signed with any NY agency but only the Europe agencies. Maybe she will make a debut there i guess?

Last edited by matsuchan92; 12-02-2012 at 08:02 AM.
15-02-2012
trendsetter

^She's still in Paris so hopefully she'll walk in the Paris shows.

New test shoot by Remi Kozdra and Kasia Baczulis:

facebook-Red11 Models & Talent

Last edited by nzkiwiboy; 15-02-2012 at 12:31 AM.
18-02-2012
trendsetter

tumblr-redeleven

24-02-2012
trendsetter

New test shoot by Bojana Tatarska:

facebook-Red11 Models & Talent

Last edited by nzkiwiboy; 24-02-2012 at 12:38 AM.
24-02-2012
fashion elite

^ Those test shots are impeccable! Amazing I cant wait for her debut at PFW. She's probably one of the best girls i have ever seen.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anmari, botha