How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-03-2010
V.I.P.

news from Marilyn

Quote:
So many visits today! Our vibrant Arlenis Sosa just brought in a burst of sunshine with her (At least that's what it feels like, ha).
Quote:
Arlenis is showcasing an Oscar de la Renta gown with AMAZING beading for us in the agency...she'll be wearing it to an upcoming event!
twitter.com/MarilynAgencyNY

any ideas on what event she will be attending?

10-03-2010
backstage pass

^ The MET costume ball may be? I don't know when it takes place but it's around this time, isn't it?
So sad we didn't get to see her much this season.
She's the moneymaker of Marilyn. I wish they would push her a little bit more to runway and editorial. I don't think it will hurt her relationship with Lancome, DY and VS. But well... I guess they are not wasting time.

10-03-2010
V.I.P.

As much as we love seeing Arlenis on the runway, we know that runway doesn't pay and Arlenis is working with big money cleints. So we will sadly see less on her on the runway in my opinion

10-03-2010
backstage pass

^Yeah, she pretty much went all the way to the top of every model's dream career.

Still, I think we will see her doing editorial work..
I've noticed most of her print work comes with a cover.
She already has 10 covers in her first two years. I hope there are more to come .

Last edited by trikekos; 10-03-2010 at 04:53 PM.

12-03-2010
trendsetter

#9 Arlenis Milan First Face Countdown FW09.10

Last edited by Wickie; 12-03-2010 at 10:39 PM.

14-03-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer19dog View Post
As much as we love seeing Arlenis on the runway, we know that runway doesn't pay and Arlenis is working with big money cleints. So we will sadly see less on her on the runway in my opinion
Yes, she totally went all the way to the top with that contract, and she's probably one of the very very few black girls getting numerous campaigns (David Yurman, GAP, Lancome)...and for runway work i think she should keep working with the "formula" she's been doing for a while now (Big shows: closing/opening ODLR, Carolina Herrera, Gaultier, Hermes, closing D.V.F, etc)...and of course, covers like the one's she already has( Vogue Germany, I.D...)...i do think she deserves a V.I cover cause she's worked several times with meisel by now or a Vogue U.S cause Wintour is her "mentor"...

14-03-2010
backstage pass

I hope to see her in more editorials and hopefully covers. I could definitely see her on the cover of Vogue Espana or Italia, but I doubt she'd get a Vogue U.S. cover since they mostly put actresses on their covers.

15-03-2010
backstage pass

^^She just worked with Miesel once, and that was almost 2 years ago.

A friend of mine told me I should not worry about her; that it seems she's not doing much, but actually she's doing a lot at the moment.

She's not going anywhere.

15-03-2010
trendsetter

Lancome Celebrates 75 Years

FRANCE. Lancôme is to reveal a new image this year, to celebrate its 75th birthday. The new advertising campaign, shot by Mario Testino, aims to affirm Lancôme’s fundamental values while giving the brand a new direction.

The Lancôme philosophy remains “to reveal, accompany and elevate women to help them flourish, regardless of age, style or skin colour”. To convey this, Testino has juxtaposed the various brand ambassadors Kate Winslet, Elettra Wiedemann, Inès Sastre and Arlenis Sosa next to a luscious Lancôme rose – the brand’s emblem for the past 75 years.

The new campaign also aims to re-anchor the origins of Lancôme as beauty à la française. All of the brand ambassadors are photographed against French backgrounds (Paris views by day and by night, or Parisian interiors). The brand name Lancôme Paris also features strongly.

In other news, Lancôme has confirmed that Oscar-winning actress Julia Roberts will join its stable of brand ambassadors. It is the first time Roberts has associated her name with a major beauty brand.

“Our objective is simple: make Lancôme the most beautiful brand in the world,” explained Youcef Nabi, President of Lancôme International. “More than ever we want beauty to be at the very centre of the brand and give it even more meaning through new visuals, new concepts and new commitments to the world. Lancôme is and must remain a brand consistently seeking out beauty, sense and resonance.”

She continued: “With this campaign, we wanted to affirm the fundamental values of Lancôme and show optimism and harmony. Nothing shocking, transgressive or authoritative. Nothing dark or sad. Only the beautiful, the kind and the good and a lot of light.”

moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=33&doc_id=23544[/url]

sorry for the slide watermark im unable to upload via photobucket at work .!

--
Tiffany

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

Wow what a beautiful shot, way too photoshoped but still beautiful!

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

Gorgeous Lancome ad!

15-03-2010
shake off your flesh

New thread here.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 2010, april, arlenis, march, peña, sosa