How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-03-2010
trendsetter

Arlenis Sosa Peña (March 2010 - April 2012)
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

FRANCE. Lancôme is to reveal a new image this year, to celebrate its 75th birthday. The new advertising campaign, shot by Mario Testino, aims to affirm Lancôme’s fundamental values while giving the brand a new direction.

The Lancôme philosophy remains “to reveal, accompany and elevate women to help them flourish, regardless of age, style or skin colour”. To convey this, Testino has juxtaposed the various brand ambassadors Kate Winslet, Elettra Wiedemann, Inès Sastre and Arlenis Sosa next to a luscious Lancôme rose – the brand’s emblem for the past 75 years.

The new campaign also aims to re-anchor the origins of Lancôme as beauty à la française. All of the brand ambassadors are photographed against French backgrounds (Paris views by day and by night, or Parisian interiors). The brand name Lancôme Paris also features strongly.

In other news, Lancôme has confirmed that Oscar-winning actress Julia Roberts will join its stable of brand ambassadors. It is the first time Roberts has associated her name with a major beauty brand.

“Our objective is simple: make Lancôme the most beautiful brand in the world,” explained Youcef Nabi, President of Lancôme International. “More than ever we want beauty to be at the very centre of the brand and give it even more meaning through new visuals, new concepts and new commitments to the world. Lancôme is and must remain a brand consistently seeking out beauty, sense and resonance.”

She continued: “With this campaign, we wanted to affirm the fundamental values of Lancôme and show optimism and harmony. Nothing shocking, transgressive or authoritative. Nothing dark or sad. Only the beautiful, the kind and the good and a lot of light.”

moodiereport.com/document.php?c_id=33&doc_id=23544[/url]

sorry for the slide watermark im unable to upload via photobucket at work .!

--
Tiffany

Last edited by classicalbang; 15-03-2010 at 01:06 PM.

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

Wow what a beautiful shot, way too photoshoped but still beautiful!

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

Gorgeous Lancome ad!

15-03-2010
fashion insider

beautiful eyes

15-03-2010
tfs star

Beatiful!!!!!!!!! ...why do 50/60 shows when you can spend an hour on a set making 20/30 times more money and getting more famous!!..the girl is really wise..lol

15-03-2010
trendsetter

I've reposted the image without the slide watermark.

moodiereport

Last edited by BeautyisDiverse; 15-03-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: no watermark

15-03-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseup View Post
Beatiful!!!!!!!!! ...why do 50/60 shows when you can spend an hour on a set making 20/30 times more money and getting more famous!!..the girl is really wise..lol
Riseup you can say that one again. More money in ads/campaigns.

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

beautiful! thanks beautyisdiverse

and whoa new thread already?
I have a feeling these are going to get out of hand, but whatevs,
I get why they need them for the site...

15-03-2010
trendsetter

no problem.

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

What I love about the new ad is the 90s supermodel feel to it. From the hat to the color, this ad could easily rival a major beauty campaign of that age. And who better to front it than someone with a classically beautiful face like Arlenis.

15-03-2010
front row

Arlenis is in Dominican Republic, she will be attending the Casandra Awards tomorrow to present a category.

http://mercadosocial.com/

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

Love her outfit there specially those shoes!!

15-03-2010
tfs star

You just gotta love that smile!!!!!....

16-03-2010
front row

Captures of Arlenis at Premios Casandra with Luis Meunier, taken by me

16-03-2010
backstage pass

Gah, what I'd give to be her height so that I could tower over people. She looks great in that dress with her hair done up.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, april, arlenis, march, peña, sosa