How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

the hair is distracting yet marginally so because of her arresting face and expression.

30-03-2012
fashion elite

ph. Laurens Rossner

laurensrossner

31-03-2012
.my prison is your brain.

^ WTF. However, Awa is stunning. But seriously, lamest idea ever throwing powder all over her.

02-04-2012
V.I.P.

the things these girls have to push on and just work through. admirable

03-04-2012
V.I.P.

Wow on the make-up/wardrobe...I hope Awa can get more high profile editorial and/or campaign work soon.

11-04-2012
fashion elite

125 Magazine
"2048"
photographer: Peer Lindgreen
fashion editor: David Hawkins
frankagency

11-04-2012
fashion elite

img [/size]

Elle Germany, February 2012
img

Last edited by leslie; 11-04-2012 at 05:43 PM.
23-05-2012
V.I.P.

new ed

Glamour Germany

why not models by subway 123

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 23-05-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Do not post links to other threads. Thank you.
23-05-2012

She looks incredible, sorry to Akoul, but Awa looks so much more sophisticated and really owns these shots. Love the picture of her in the Dries top

05-06-2012
V.I.P.

Model Call: Awa Ceesay
By TAYLOR HARRIS

Quote:
Awa Ceesay thinks she’s having a bad hair day. “It’s pretty wet out,” the 22-year-old Parisian model says, shaking out her umbrella. “When the rain hits my scalp, my hair gets this big.” Regardless of what Ceesay may see, her hair isn’t frizzy, but rather slicked back into the clean, sleek ’do, an overall look that’s become her signature. Since being scouted and signing with IMG Paris last March, the 5-foot 10 1/2-inch model has been slowly building her résumé. She booked her first show, Hermès’ fall 2011 collection, having never walked in heels before. “I was always so tall that I didn’t need to wear them,” she says. “When I first put them on, I was like, These hurt so much. Why would anyone ever want them?” She’s gotten used to footwear pains since then, racking up some impressive editorials: German Elle, Elle Italia and L’Officiel. She also just shot a Jean Paul Gaultier fragrance ad. We sat down with Ceesay to discuss what’s next.

Quote:
WWD: Did you have an interest in fashion before you started modeling?
AC: I’d look at the Vogue Web site and the fashion blogs. Growing up in Paris, everyone either works in the fashion industry or knows someone who does. So I was interested in fashion but never did I ever think I could model. I’m a very shy person and I just didn’t know anything about it. I remember when IMG first gave me my book, I was like, What is this for? Do I have to carry this around with me? They were like, “Uh, yes.”

WWD: How do you think Paris fashion differs from New York fashion?
AC: They’re completely different. In Paris, the fashion sensibility is less relaxed. People are much more put together. There’s more effort in their fashion. Here, people don’t care as much. They can wear whatever they want, pajamas even, and nobody will look at you like you’re crazy. In Paris, they judge a little too much.

WWD: How do you like to dress? Are you more on the relaxed side or more put together?
AC: I’d say I dress more like a Parisian. I like to dress simple but clean. I like the basics but with an edge. But when I go out, I add a little more oomph. I like to dress up. Before I was modeling, I use to wear extensions in my hair so I could pull it off more. You don’t have as many options when your hair is this short. I still feel a little naked without my extensions!

WWD: You’ve only done Paris fashion weeks before. Are you excited to do New York and Milan this time around?
AC: I am, but I know it will be a lot. You have fittings, castings, shows. It never ends, so I like to get my body prepared before it all starts by doing a little pampering. I start eating a little better in the weeks before, more vegetables. I take care of my skin. I like doing masks. I’ll only use cold water on my face, too. It’s better for your skin.

WWD: I feel like I would just be sleeping all the time the two weeks before the castings started just so I got my body well rested.
AC: I’m a lazy girl year-round, so I’ll be relaxing. I love watching American TV. Here you have a lot of télé réalité, which I love. My favorite is “Wife Swap!”
wwd.com

05-06-2012
the mysteries

she's just too cute and charming in that interview. love her.

trendsetter

Show Package – Paris S/S 13: IMG (Women)

models.com

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

This girl is simply pristine. Such charisma in her eyes. Hope this is her break-out season.

25-09-2012

That second picture on her showcard is particularly amazing, wow! Good luck Awa

06-10-2012
rising star

Issey Miyake SS2013 Paris

style/stylebistro

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
awa, ceesay